Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6251 replies to this topic

#6241 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

The Bourne Legacy - 6.5/10

Perfectly enjoyable, but quite anticlimatic. The major flaw was that it tried too hard to connect it to events taking place in the 3rd film. As a standalone film, it was good. But as a Bourne film, the weakest of the 4.

Whoa...is there an echo in here?

;p

Edited by D-Money, 28 December 2012 - 12:39 PM.

PBF020-Skub.gif

#6242 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Lincoln 6.5/10

Wasn't Lincoln a big ol' racist in the real world? The movie seems to suggest the exact opposite...

^^^It's statements like this that makes me fear the next generation

Star Wars infinitely >>>>>>> LOTR

Les Miserables 5/10

Russel Crowe cannot sing but hey, chicks dig it.

#6243 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Whoa...is there an echo in here?

;p

Yeah, I know ;)But really, it just fell very flat in comparison. Jeremy Renner was fine, but they didn't utilize him correctly. The story itself could have been much darker, which would have better utlized Renner.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#6244 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

^^^It's statements like this that makes me fear the next generation

?

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#6245 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, I know ;)But really, it just fell very flat in comparison. Jeremy Renner was fine, but they didn't utilize him correctly. The story itself could have been much darker, which would have better utlized Renner.

Oh I agree. Just thought it was funny that your assessment of the movie was so similar.

Looking back, it's kind of stunning how severely lacking the motivations of the main character were. In the original Bourne trilogy, Bourne wanted to know who he was, wanted to protect his girl, wanted to avenge her, wanted to make amends for his past, etc., etc. There was a lot driving him, and making him a complex character.

But Aaron Cross just simply didn't want to die, and didn't want to be dumb again. That about sums it up.

Edited by D-Money, 28 December 2012 - 01:37 PM.

PBF020-Skub.gif

#6246 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Wasn't Lincoln a big ol' racist in the real world? The movie seems to suggest the exact opposite...

Yes. He abolished slavery because he was a "big ol' racist"....

Actually, I was just reading a bit about it and he may have been racist.

Sorry, I had no clue this idea was floating around out there, then again it makes no diffirence to me, or anybody really.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 28 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#6247 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Oh I agree. Just thought it was funny that your assessment of the movie was so similar.

But Aaron Cross just simply didn't want to die, and didn't want to be dumb again. That about sums it up.

I really couldn't believe that when it came up. So, the pills aren't keeping you alive. One you don't need to take anymore, so you are permanently a beast physically. Congrats! Oh, but you may be borderline retarded, so we better get the other pills. Looking back, that's when the Gilroy bros really botched it. Could they really not think of something better?

#6248 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I really couldn't believe that when it came up. So, the pills aren't keeping you alive. One you don't need to take anymore, so you are permanently a beast physically. Congrats!  Oh, but you may be borderline retarded, so we better get the other pills. Looking back, that's when the Gilroy bros really botched it. Could they really not think of something better?

Yeah, I kind of smirked at that at the time. Upon reflection, I can't believe how retarded (pun intended) that plot device was. Up until that point, I thought he was dependent on the pills to stay alive (which would have made a lot more sense, and at least explained his motivation to acquire more).

PBF020-Skub.gif

#6249 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Up until that point, I thought he was dependent on the pills to stay alive (which would have made a lot more sense, and at least explained his motivation to acquire more).

Really answered the question about how far some people are willing to go just so they won't become a mongaloid.In reflection, I can't decide whether I should bump up my score by a point or decrease it. It's funny, but definitely offensive. This is a toughy.

#6250 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Back to reviews, I guess.

The Brothers Solomon - 7/10

I watched it a few weeks ago. I should apologize ahead of time, because I know this film is absolutely terrible, but I put it in the same category as Idiocracy. As much as I love Will Arnett, I cannot help but smile when Will Forte is on the screen. He's so likeable.

#6251 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

The Hobbit

7.5/10

It was an enjoyable movie for sure, I liked it, but if I had to rate it based on accuracy to the book it would be more like, 2/10, but I don't expect movies based on books to be word for word, that's just silly. However a few creative changes they made bothered me a bit and I wish they did it a bit more, by the book, the party at Bag End and the finding of the ring mostly, the Azog and Dol Guldur sub plots were fine, I always enjoy a deeper look into the Tolkien mythology.

I remember people complaining about the frames per second, personally I didn't notice anything.

Looking forward to the second part.

#6252 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Please start a new thread. This one has gotten slow to load.
Please read the Board Rules.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.