The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's ever been to Nanaimo?

morello_the_god

I have family that lives on Protection Island, tiny island of Nanaimo so I have spent a moderate amount of time there in my life.

From my experiences,

Beautiful place to be in the summer

Much nicer if you have a personal vehicle, the bus system sucks and the city is long and spread along the coast. It's not your typical city structure

Lots of great places to go visit in the summer aswell on the island.

Old Downtown is kind of icky

Overall, it's a pretty nice place.

I have family that lives on Protection Island, tiny island of Nanaimo so I have spent a moderate amount of time there in my life.

From my experiences,

Much nicer if you have a personal vehicle, the bus system sucks and the city is long and spread along the coast. It's not your typical city structure

Nanaimo is second only to Port Alberni for being a dump/sh*thole.

The RCMP call it Surrey-by-the-Sea and locals call it Viet-Nanaimo after all the Vietnamese gangsters there.

Ever heard of Angle Acres?Do a web search and hold your nose.

Ever heard of the Hells Angel bigwig who went to a meeting with the Vietnamese gangs and was never seen again?

Friends of mine have tried living there-it's awful bad way down below buffalo hell.

I could go on and on and on but suffice it to say now I just drive through don't even stop for a bar.

The RCMP call it Surrey-by-the-Sea and locals call it Viet-Nanaimo after all the Vietnamese gangsters there.

Ever heard of the Hells Angel bigwig who went to a meeting with the Vietnamese gangs and was never seen again?

Friends of mine have tried living there-it's awful bad way down below buffalo hell.

I could go on and on and on but suffice it to say now I just drive through don't even stop for a bar.

From my experiences,

havent been for a while.

My uncle lives there.

nice town. Great island. Head up to long beach, hit tofino.

friendly people.

When i went people bought me drinks, we took pics with some foreign chicks at weigh west and some other chicks invited us to victoria.

It isn't too far to Mt. Washington ski resort either. That and you can be on Salt Spring Island in just about an hour.

Oh and how could I forget the Longwood Brew Pub. They make their own on site and they have like 8 different brews. I love getting the tasters rack and the fish and chips.

Oh you are right, your opinion is much more valid than mine what was I thinking. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about Old Downtown, you know where that little mini mall is with the Thrifty's and London drugs, and where all the homeless people hangout and shoot up?

Don't you just love it when people tell you how great a place is because it's close to other places. :rolleyes:

Also-FYI Angel Acres belong to murdering criminal drug trafficking scum the sort of people who should all be behind bars.

WTH kind of a person defends criminals/drug traffickers and murderers?

Who would listen to someone like that?

If you like malls, malls, malls then Nanaimo is the place for you and if you thought car break ins were bad in Vancouver Just You Wait!

As I said I've known a number of people who've lived there over the years they all left because it was such a dump and nothing changes-it's still a dump.

Archived