Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Burrows reverting back to his old self (pre 08-09)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 bradfordchow

bradfordchow

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Nobody can deny A.Burrows is truly an inspirational player with an incredible story to go along with his fairytale season but I fear I've once lamented one of my prophetic predictions. Here's the scoop you guys.
Alex Burrows is the type of player that hustles and bustles and gets rewarded by being the hardest working player on the ice. He's been fantastic bargain and more effective than rental players on the last legs of their careers. We did pay him too much to lock him up for 4 years as 1.3-.1.5mill max would have been the ideal amount for a player his caliber. Remember, this is a kid who wasn't drafted thus his worth is devalued by this fact.

If Alex Burrows wants to continue to produce at the pace he's been on this season, he's going to have to work his tail off every single game. I fear that he won't be able to keep putting the continual effort game in game out. Players wear down from the grind and it'll only be a matter of time before he breaks down. The fact we signed him to a 4 year deal without thinking of the consequences is an error on Gillis's part. A.Burrows may not be a bust next season but I am confident he will end up being a total disappointment soon thereafter. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. With the Sedins possibly walking due to being UFA what happens to the sedins+ burrows line?

Again, I feel as if Burrows has finally peaked and is on a slow downfall to the mediocre player/ bonafide agitator role he once had. Kesler on the other hand is the polar opposite. Kes is just doing things we all knew could do as it was just a matter of time to see him shine. The scariest part is that he's getting even better. Alex Burrows has looked his mediocre self the last couple of games. I've had my eye on him like a bald eagle in the air circling for prey. I knew this time would come and what a worser time for it to happen just as the Canucks enter the post season. Alex Burrows just doesn't have the god given natural talent to be able to be a steady producer especially on the 1st line. My biggest worry is Burrows becoming an absolute bust in the playoffs. He doesn't look like he has the bounces going his way anymore and the sedins focus more time on passing to each other while burrows looks somewhat lost, especially in the front of the net. He's not your big center that is needed with the sedins.

In no way is this a jab on A.Burrows because he has been a pleasant surprise. With that said, there's going to be a lot of disappointed die hard Burrows fans come playoff time. He is started to fizzle just like how soda goes flat if you leave it out too long. If I am correct in my assumptions on this whole matter, It will be very detrimental towards our chances of winning the stanley cup. I'm very very worried about Burrows and I hope it just a blip on the radar. If not, then there goes our first line and it will be cataclysmic and chaos will ensue leaving fans like myself running a muck flustered and flabbergasted.
Trade:
Wellwood
Shane O' Brien
Hordichuck
Make it so Gillis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

uhhhh... what?

/headache
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts. He is an improved player. He plays with heart and determination. The future is very bright for Burrows.

Ps: Stop fearing over nothing. Also, we never hyped Burrows. All of a sudden he just started scoring and we have never looked back since. So in terms of hype, Burrows is the wrong person's name to use.

Edited by RisingTied, 10 April 2009 - 05:02 PM.

#4 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

Nobody can deny A.Burrows is truly an inspirational player with an incredible story to go along with his fairytale season but I fear I've once lamented one of my prophetic predictions. Here's the scoop you guys.
Alex Burrows is the type of player that hustles and bustles and gets rewarded by being the hardest working player on the ice. He's been fantastic bargain and more effective than rental players on the last legs of their careers. We did pay him too much to lock him up for 4 years as 1.3-.1.5mill max would have been the ideal amount for a player his caliber. Remember, this is a kid who wasn't drafted thus his worth is devalued by this fact.

If Alex Burrows wants to continue to produce at the pace he's been on this season, he's going to have to work his tail off every single game. I fear that he won't be able to keep putting the continual effort game in game out. Players wear down from the grind and it'll only be a matter of time before he breaks down. The fact we signed him to a 4 year deal without thinking of the consequences is an error on Gillis's part. A.Burrows may not be a bust next season but I am confident he will end up being a total disappointment soon thereafter. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. With the Sedins possibly walking due to being UFA what happens to the sedins+ burrows line?

Again, I feel as if Burrows has finally peaked and is on a slow downfall to the mediocre player/ bonafide agitator role he once had. Kesler on the other hand is the polar opposite. Kes is just doing things we all knew could do as it was just a matter of time to see him shine. The scariest part is that he's getting even better. Alex Burrows has looked his mediocre self the last couple of games. I've had my eye on him like a bald eagle in the air circling for prey. I knew this time would come and what a worser time for it to happen just as the Canucks enter the post season. Alex Burrows just doesn't have the god given natural talent to be able to be a steady producer especially on the 1st line. My biggest worry is Burrows becoming an absolute bust in the playoffs. He doesn't look like he has the bounces going his way anymore and the sedins focus more time on passing to each other while burrows looks somewhat lost, especially in the front of the net. He's not your big center that is needed with the sedins.

In no way is this a jab on A.Burrows because he has been a pleasant surprise. With that said, there's going to be a lot of disappointed die hard Burrows fans come playoff time. He is started to fizzle just like how soda goes flat if you leave it out too long. If I am correct in my assumptions on this whole matter, It will be very detrimental towards our chances of winning the stanley cup. I'm very very worried about Burrows and I hope it just a blip on the radar. If not, then there goes our first line and it will be cataclysmic and chaos will ensue leaving fans like myself running a muck flustered and flabbergasted.

you have no idea what your talking about

#5 BionicBunny

BionicBunny

Canucks Franchise Player

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

do you know what your saying

#6 stlouisforkings

stlouisforkings

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

you sir, are just babbeling about nothing
Loud and proud thru the goodtimes and the bad. All I want for this team is a stanley cup.

#7 ROBORAT

ROBORAT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

its not like he's 36 years old and had a breakout season...Burrows is still a young player...and has plenty of more room to grow..

maybe into a 40 goal scorer????

Posted Image

#8 AK-47

AK-47

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,970 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

i did not read all of it

but

When Burrows came to the canucks, you would not find a guy who despised him more than me, i thought he was a tool and a waste of a spot

even now, iam nto a huge fan of his, but you cannot deny that he has been one of the best canucks player this year, and i expect him to continue this run... he is proabbly a player who tries his best each moment he plays in the game, if we are losing 6-1 or winning 6-1, he will have the best effort

Posted Image
AK ♚ 47

#9 WhY So SeRiOuS

WhY So SeRiOuS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Confuzzeling

Thanks For The Sig Vogue
2,000 Post June/13/09

R.I.P Luc Bourdon,Micheal Jackson,Billy Mays

Never Click Here!
Formerly known as S.Bernier.18

#10 Bones'Daddy

Bones'Daddy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

GO cheer for the LAMES then you douche, sell out

we live to DIE! So choose wisely, before the choice is made for you!!

#11 Shaggz

Shaggz

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

worst thread ever.. how long till a mod deleted this crap

Thx Canuckforever00 For the Sigs And Av.

#12 6salopyatt9

6salopyatt9

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,218 posts

Your statment is based on nothing.

Now if he was a 30 year old below average agitator player, that just miraculously had a great season out of no where, you might have had something.
"Your best friend is suing you for 600 million dollars."

"I didn't know that, tell me more."

#13 madeincanada

madeincanada

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

Are you actually retarded?
Every single thread you come up with somehow manages to be more idiotic than the last. So Alex Burrows doesn't score in a couple games and he's suddenly not got talent or skill? You don't score 28 goals in the National Hockey League without talent. Then you go on to say that he's not your "big center that is needed with the Sedins". That shows just how much you know about hockey. Henrik Sedin IS a center, numb nuts. Everyone has always though that the Sedins need a bulky RW with a right handed shot, but we tried that with Bernier and it didn't work. If you can somehow justify that signing a guy to a 2 million/yr deal who scores 28 goals in a season is overpayment, then please, enlighten us. If not, please stfu and never make a thread again. Kthxbai

#14 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

... Oh well. He played himself into a job. From the practices I have been to, Burrows has always been ones off the ice. For the price, if everything pans out, it could look like a steal in two or three years.

Do people burn out? Sure. Many of us regulars are tired of reading posts like this. Oh well, sure beats working.

#15 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Even when we are trying to pick up some energy going into the playoffs, someone has to bring their negativity over absolutely nothing onto this site. :lol:

Super weak!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Whistler Canuck

Whistler Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

That guy put a lot of effort and thought into that useless drivel of babbling garbage.

Methinks you could find a better use of your limited mental energies.

#17 zukuss

zukuss

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Oh, just stop creating threads, already. This is just getting boring.
Bring the NHL to Seattle! I don't think that Florida would even notice if we took one of their teams.

#18 Kevlar

Kevlar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

Guys, for those of you who don't read the "Burrows do we really need him" thread. This is the second account of clutch. Or at least he is just as stupid as clutch was.

#19 Lafayettecrossbar

Lafayettecrossbar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

:rolleyes:
BERGFORS IS NO FORSBERG.

Armstrong-Legwand-Backes
Foote-Finger
Hedberg

#20 Awesomeness Incarcerated

Awesomeness Incarcerated

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

SIGH. fail.

#21 Spinnaker

Spinnaker

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

You wasted a lot of text.

#22 Canuck_in_AB

Canuck_in_AB

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

This post exists because he failed to score (came close though) in the last game.

The whole "sky is falling" bit is getting VERY tiresome.
Let's go eat Johnny.
Let's go eat, Johnny.
Punctuation - it saves lives!

"Don't worry, everything is getting nicely out of control." -Douglas Adams

#23 falcon

falcon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

He was still a good player "pre 08-09".

Keep in mind everyone that the OP is the same guy that wanted to put three wingers (with no FO abilities) on the same line.

#24 KesBear

KesBear

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

stop trying to be Mr. Hockey. You obviously don't know anything about the sport or its players. Next time save us the headache, and read the novel to your girlfriend or something.

#25 Malcomode

Malcomode

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

"Remember, this is a kid who wasn't drafted thus his worth is devalued by this fact."

And Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team...Using your logic, Jordan is a second rate basketball player.

Some people have to work for what they have, Burrows being one of those. Future contracts are often negotiated based on the output and production of the player at the time and estimated production expected in the future. Burrows has earned his fair.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour and we all know how Burrows has produced thus far.

"Everyone has a right to be stupid; some people just abuse the privilege"

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign"

"Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders." -Sloan Wilson

#26 jhnuck

jhnuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

isn't this bradfordchow guy the one who is always making these stupid threads to piss us fans off?

Credit to cf00 for this amazing sig!

#27 Get_That_Puck_Deep

Get_That_Puck_Deep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

Burrows will only get better....nuff said.

#28 ukee12

ukee12

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

His value is worth by how many teams would be happy to take his contract of our hands. 2 mill a season for 4 seasons. The amount of teams that would take his contract on in a heartbeat......29 not including Vancouver.

FACT! :D

KAAAAAA BOOOM! thanks to VC for the sig.

#29 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

this guys a f##kin fool he always makes retarded posts.

#30 tibowtime

tibowtime

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

*SIGH*. Fail

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.