The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Burrows reverting back to his old self (pre 08-09)

The Brahma Bull

Nobody can deny A.Burrows is truly an inspirational player with an incredible story to go along with his fairytale season but I fear I've once lamented one of my prophetic predictions. Here's the scoop you guys.

Alex Burrows is the type of player that hustles and bustles and gets rewarded by being the hardest working player on the ice. He's been fantastic bargain and more effective than rental players on the last legs of their careers. We did pay him too much to lock him up for 4 years as 1.3-.1.5mill max would have been the ideal amount for a player his caliber. Remember, this is a kid who wasn't drafted thus his worth is devalued by this fact.

If Alex Burrows wants to continue to produce at the pace he's been on this season, he's going to have to work his tail off every single game. I fear that he won't be able to keep putting the continual effort game in game out. Players wear down from the grind and it'll only be a matter of time before he breaks down. The fact we signed him to a 4 year deal without thinking of the consequences is an error on Gillis's part. A.Burrows may not be a bust next season but I am confident he will end up being a total disappointment soon thereafter. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. With the Sedins possibly walking due to being UFA what happens to the sedins+ burrows line?

Again, I feel as if Burrows has finally peaked and is on a slow downfall to the mediocre player/ bonafide agitator role he once had. Kesler on the other hand is the polar opposite. Kes is just doing things we all knew could do as it was just a matter of time to see him shine. The scariest part is that he's getting even better. Alex Burrows has looked his mediocre self the last couple of games. I've had my eye on him like a bald eagle in the air circling for prey. I knew this time would come and what a worser time for it to happen just as the Canucks enter the post season. Alex Burrows just doesn't have the god given natural talent to be able to be a steady producer especially on the 1st line. My biggest worry is Burrows becoming an absolute bust in the playoffs. He doesn't look like he has the bounces going his way anymore and the sedins focus more time on passing to each other while burrows looks somewhat lost, especially in the front of the net. He's not your big center that is needed with the sedins.

In no way is this a jab on A.Burrows because he has been a pleasant surprise. With that said, there's going to be a lot of disappointed die hard Burrows fans come playoff time. He is started to fizzle just like how soda goes flat if you leave it out too long. If I am correct in my assumptions on this whole matter, It will be very detrimental towards our chances of winning the stanley cup. I'm very very worried about Burrows and I hope it just a blip on the radar. If not, then there goes our first line and it will be cataclysmic and chaos will ensue leaving fans like myself running a muck flustered and flabbergasted.

What kind of crack are you smoking? Look at his numbers!?! Because he hasn't scored in what... 3 games, BIG TROUBLE, he's not the player we signed for 4 mil! Don't worry, MG doesn't throw money around like a certain NY GM.

Oh! I get it! This is a joke right? ... you like to get a lot of responses on your posts...! That must be it....

Too bad your post is too big to put in a sig.

Nobody can deny A.Burrows is truly an inspirational player with an incredible story to go along with his fairytale season but I fear I've once lamented one of my prophetic predictions. Here's the scoop you guys.

Alex Burrows is the type of player that hustles and bustles and gets rewarded by being the hardest working player on the ice. He's been fantastic bargain and more effective than rental players on the last legs of their careers. We did pay him too much to lock him up for 4 years as 1.3-.1.5mill max would have been the ideal amount for a player his caliber. Remember, this is a kid who wasn't drafted thus his worth is devalued by this fact.

If Alex Burrows wants to continue to produce at the pace he's been on this season, he's going to have to work his tail off every single game. I fear that he won't be able to keep putting the continual effort game in game out. Players wear down from the grind and it'll only be a matter of time before he breaks down. The fact we signed him to a 4 year deal without thinking of the consequences is an error on Gillis's part. A.Burrows may not be a bust next season but I am confident he will end up being a total disappointment soon thereafter. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. With the Sedins possibly walking due to being UFA what happens to the sedins+ burrows line?

Again, I feel as if Burrows has finally peaked and is on a slow downfall to the mediocre player/ bonafide agitator role he once had. Kesler on the other hand is the polar opposite. Kes is just doing things we all knew could do as it was just a matter of time to see him shine. The scariest part is that he's getting even better. Alex Burrows has looked his mediocre self the last couple of games. I've had my eye on him like a bald eagle in the air circling for prey. I knew this time would come and what a worser time for it to happen just as the Canucks enter the post season. Alex Burrows just doesn't have the god given natural talent to be able to be a steady producer especially on the 1st line. My biggest worry is Burrows becoming an absolute bust in the playoffs. He doesn't look like he has the bounces going his way anymore and the sedins focus more time on passing to each other while burrows looks somewhat lost, especially in the front of the net. He's not your big center that is needed with the sedins.

In no way is this a jab on A.Burrows because he has been a pleasant surprise. With that said, there's going to be a lot of disappointed die hard Burrows fans come playoff time. He is started to fizzle just like how soda goes flat if you leave it out too long. If I am correct in my assumptions on this whole matter, It will be very detrimental towards our chances of winning the stanley cup. I'm very very worried about Burrows and I hope it just a blip on the radar. If not, then there goes our first line and it will be cataclysmic and chaos will ensue leaving fans like myself running a muck flustered and flabbergasted.

there's going to be a lot of disappointed die hard Burrows fans come playoff time. It will be very detrimental towards our chances of winning the stanley cup and it will be cataclysmic and chaos will ensue leaving fans like myself running a muck flustered and flabbergasted.

Archived