Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

• Please log in to reply
866 replies to this topic

Poll: | ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ | (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Which character is your favorite?

1. Barbarian (11 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

2. Witch Doctor (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Wizard (8 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

4. Monk (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

5. Demon Hunter (13 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

Which character is your least favorite?

1. Barbarian (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Witch Doctor (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Wizard (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

4. Monk (8 votes [19.05%])

5. Demon Hunter (8 votes [19.05%])

What do you enjoy more?

1. Player vs. Monster/Environment (36 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Player vs. Player (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 !

!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

Almost every character had the same stats anyways: enough STR and Dex to use items and rest in Vit. The only exceptions were Energy Shield Sorc's that needed Energy/Mana over Vitality/Life and some Bow Amazons that needed Dex for damage and attack rating.

druid/necs max vita or else the build = fail

Posted Image

#32 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

druid/necs max vita or else the build = fail

Like I said, everything would fail except dex zon or es sorc. :P

Posted Image

#33 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

- It seems as though there will be Scrolls of Identity but maybe not Scrolls of Town Portal. This is because whenever there was a boss fight in D2, players would "TP" into town during the fight. This is a stop in the action Blizzard wants to get rid of and rather have continuous action (probably the whole reason why health orbs have been introduced).

Posted Image

#34 Toxic

Toxic

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

Worried about the skill cap, 15 skills seems a little low, but so long as the game is as based in the PvE realm around soloing bosses and MF'ing ill be happy

I love WoW but hate that i cant do anything on my own, D2 was the perfect game for this

(Dave Chappelle)You know why my show is good? Because the network officials say you're not smart enough to get what I'm doing, and every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.

#35 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Worried about the skill cap, 15 skills seems a little low, but so long as the game is as based in the PvE realm around soloing bosses and MF'ing ill be happy

I love WoW but hate that i cant do anything on my own, D2 was the perfect game for this

Well the only thing you could do alone in D2 was MF... which was not that fun. I'm going to be doing a lot of it, though, when ladder resets soon.

Posted Image

#36 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

you only had to cookie cut a build if u dueled. but if you wanted to have fun you would build other builds.
I had a few fun builds i tried ... a Melee sorc: mana shield,enchant,firewall they werent very good but were fun.

#37 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

I hated that about wow, thats why I quit playing it.

#38 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

you only had to cookie cut a build if u dueled. but if you wanted to have fun you would build other builds.
I had a few fun builds i tried ... a Melee sorc: mana shield,enchant,firewall they werent very good but were fun.

See the thing about the Diablo quests and storyline was that it was quite boring once you did it that one time. Sure, after a long time you might do it again like it was meant to be done, but most people only went through the game the legit way 2-3 times.

The only thing left to do was PK, which involved 4-5 cookie cutter builds for every character class (depending on how "rich" you were).

Posted Image

#39 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

See the thing about the Diablo quests and storyline was that it was quite boring once you did it that one time. Sure, after a long time you might do it again like it was meant to be done, but most people only went through the game the legit way 2-3 times.

The only thing left to do was PK, which involved 4-5 cookie cutter builds for every character class (depending on how "rich" you were).

I know what your talking about i had a smite/zeal pally had everthing the top as of 1 year ago except the Eth breath of the dying just had a regular one and an invintory full of small poison charms i couldnt even pick anything up.
but thats the only cookie cutter i had they rest of my characters were experiments.

#40 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

I know what your talking about i had a smite/zeal pally had everthing the top as of 1 year ago except the Eth breath of the dying just had a regular one and an invintory full of small poison charms i couldnt even pick anything up.
but thats the only cookie cutter i had they rest of my characters were experiments.

Poison charms? That's very weak... :P

Posted Image

#41 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

Poison charms? That's very weak... :P

Its funny when u slap someone with your shield run for a second or 2 and they have 1 hp.

#42 The Grinch

The Grinch

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

Any news on the PvP part of the game? Can you still be able to enter a game and randomly hostile people and go after them? If they change the PvP in D3, and it has more restrictions than the PvP in D2 then I see a LOT of people not buying the game, or quit it after a while.

One reason why D2 was so popular was because you had freedom to do what you wanted(I was one of those guys that went into a Chaos run or something, hostiled the whole party and killed them all....so fun).

Anyways PvP is what's keeping D2 alive so they better not change it.

sig by canuckforever00

#43 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

Any news on the PvP part of the game? Can you still be able to enter a game and randomly hostile people and go after them? If they change the PvP in D3, and it has more restrictions than the PvP in D2 then I see a LOT of people not buying the game, or quit it after a while.

One reason why D2 was so popular was because you had freedom to do what you wanted(I was one of those guys that went into a Chaos run or something, hostiled the whole party and killed them all....so fun).

Anyways PvP is what's keeping D2 alive so they better not change it.

K, couple of things here:

1) The people who went into games when others were leveling would only go into those games 'cause they could only kill low levels (because they were probably raped by characters of similar levels so that was the only way they could feel better). They were lame and needed a life. Shouldn't admit to things like that. :P

2) There hasn't been anything on PvP released yet (I beleive) and I think it's because their main focus for this game is the PvM part (the storyline, quests and co-op play). People would buy the game if it had better PvM. D2 wasn't like that because the quests and PvM were pretty easy once you get good items. I, for one, hope that the quests will keep us busy for a loooong time

Posted Image

#44 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

???

The only thing you don't do on your own is Raids and dungeons. That latter is easy to find people for. Even some raids.

I am taking it the new diablo is like wow light?

#45 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

???

The only thing you don't do on your own is Raids and dungeons. That latter is easy to find people for. Even some raids.

I am taking it the new diablo is like wow light?

That's light, some people think it is very similar, but not enough details have been released to make a firm judgment.

Posted Image

#46 The Grinch

The Grinch

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

K, couple of things here:

1) The people who went into games when others were leveling would only go into those games 'cause they could only kill low levels (because they were probably raped by characters of similar levels so that was the only way they could feel better). They were lame and needed a life. Shouldn't admit to things like that. :P

2) There hasn't been anything on PvP released yet (I beleive) and I think it's because their main focus for this game is the PvM part (the storyline, quests and co-op play). People would buy the game if it had better PvM. D2 wasn't like that because the quests and PvM were pretty easy once you get good items. I, for one, hope that the quests will keep us busy for a loooong time

I actually had a very good Auradin who almost never died in PvP. I raped ALL characters with that char(excluding smiters). I just loved going into those games and seeing 7 noobs die to my auras, then having them bring their lvl 89 hdin who then got raped and I took their money to ressurect my merc and either stayed in town to piss em off while I ate dinner, or just left.

That's how I had fun playing the game. There's not much to do after you got a very good char with the best available items. I wasn't much of a MFer, runner, just PvP and it got lame sometimes in pubs cause it was littered with hacks. I went on for private duels, or if I was bored that day I'd come on for a bit and own noobs in chaos sanctuary.

oh BTW I never stacked unless I died by a hacker with TMC or far cast or that BS. anyways, if this game loses any of the D2 pvp elements, I'll still buy it cause cmon it's a Diablo game, but probably won't be investing as much time as I did for D2 on it. Hopefully this game comes out in less than a year. I'd like to play it for this winter, but it's not possible.

I think we should get like all the diablo fans out there, get everybody to pay like 5 bucks so blizz can hire another 50 members to speed up the development of the game. man o man, some ppl go all out and put in like $50. yeah im dreaming.

sig by canuckforever00

#47 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

I actually had a very good Auradin who almost never died in PvP. I raped ALL characters with that char(excluding smiters). I just loved going into those games and seeing 7 noobs die to my auras, then having them bring their lvl 89 hdin who then got raped and I took their money to ressurect my merc and either stayed in town to piss em off while I ate dinner, or just left.

That's how I had fun playing the game. There's not much to do after you got a very good char with the best available items. I wasn't much of a MFer, runner, just PvP and it got lame sometimes in pubs cause it was littered with hacks. I went on for private duels, or if I was bored that day I'd come on for a bit and own noobs in chaos sanctuary.

oh BTW I never stacked unless I died by a hacker with TMC or far cast or that BS. anyways, if this game loses any of the D2 pvp elements, I'll still buy it cause cmon it's a Diablo game, but probably won't be investing as much time as I did for D2 on it. Hopefully this game comes out in less than a year. I'd like to play it for this winter, but it's not possible.

I think we should get like all the diablo fans out there, get everybody to pay like 5 bucks so blizz can hire another 50 members to speed up the development of the game. man o man, some ppl go all out and put in like $50. yeah im dreaming.

Poison Pally and Auradin :blink:

:lol:

Posted Image

#48 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

This is just some information that may not be accurate (rumour, I guess):

Battle.net 2.0 will be free (Bnet 2.0 will be for Starcraft 2 and Diablo III). However, some "minor aspects" will be accessible only if you pay a small fee.

I don't know what that means. Personally I would rather have it you where you pay and get everything, or pay nothing at all. This way, there is no advantage to having more money to get ahead in the game (item wise, I guess).

Edited by kanucks25, 09 June 2009 - 12:41 PM.

Posted Image

#49 Toxic

Toxic

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

What was everyone's favorite class and spec to play?

I've never had as much as when i made a Cleric, going around Chaos sanctuary and one-shotting stuff with Holy Bolt, then healing people was kinda fun, totally useless but fun.

I also tried for a LONG time to try and make a Weretemplar, which is a Paladin who uses Werebear and devotion aura for insane defenses and hits the FPS breakpoint to attack as fast as you can

(Dave Chappelle)You know why my show is good? Because the network officials say you're not smart enough to get what I'm doing, and every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.

#50 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

I loved Pallys any type (except hammerdins) or playing non WW barbs. i never even tried an assasin or a druid boo the expansion characters. I like any melee chars makes me feel like im actually doing something. though my F1-F4 keys suck now as well as my shift keys

Edited by CanuckinEdm, 09 June 2009 - 02:21 PM.

#51 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

What was everyone's favorite class and spec to play?

I've never had as much as when i made a Cleric, going around Chaos sanctuary and one-shotting stuff with Holy Bolt, then healing people was kinda fun, totally useless but fun.

I also tried for a LONG time to try and make a Weretemplar, which is a Paladin who uses Werebear and devotion aura for insane defenses and hits the FPS breakpoint to attack as fast as you can

What's the devotion aura? :P

Well, when I started out I made a kick 'Sin and a throw barb. Needless to say, I was a "noob" at the time and both those chars pretty much suck so that didn't work out to well.

When I got pretty good I made a bone Necro' and it was my only character (besides a Hammerdin to rush, chaos, baal and "uber" with) for about a year.

I also tried out the trap Assassin, which I was okay at, but at the time I couldn't afford an 08 Valk, which is what you need on an trap Assassin to be significantly successful.

My favorite character would probably have to be the Fireball Sorc' or the Hammerdin, but I can't decide. I've had like 5 Hammerdins over the years and all have been level 95-97... never98 or 99, though.

Posted Image

#52 BieksaRocks

BieksaRocks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

I...kinda wanna try it out now...
looks really really interesting, except i'd probaby spend HOURS playing this shiz...

if it doesnt cost that much...then i just might...

#53 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

I...kinda wanna try it out now...
looks really really interesting, except i'd probaby spend HOURS playing this shiz...

if it doesnt cost that much...then i just might...

Probably 60/70 bucks... not sure.

And there will be a demo surely so you can try it out before you invest in it.

:P

Posted Image

#54 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Probably 60/70 bucks... not sure.

And there will be a demo surely so you can try it out before you invest in it.

Just go hardcore and play world of warcraft. It's the ultimate.

#55 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Just go hardcore and play world of warcraft. It's the ultimate suckage game.

Fixed. :)

Posted Image

#56 Benjo

Benjo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

I used to play D2 Hardcore mode

OMIGAWD ITS LIGHTNING ENCHANTED RUUUUN

#57 Toxic

Toxic

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

Sorry, i mean Defiance, the defense boosting aura

And Kicksins dont suck, i was leveling one when i quit last summer

#58 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Fixed. :)

Wow is just diablo on steroids. It's basically the same game when you look at it. One is just a lot bigger.

#59 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

I used to play D2 Hardcore mode

OMIGAWD ITS LIGHTNING ENCHANTED RUUUUN

LOL I can imagine even though I haven't played hardcore... them Burning Souls

Sorry, i mean Defiance, the defense boosting aura

And Kicksins dont suck, i was leveling one when i quit last summer

Ya, that's what I thought you meant. :lol:

And yes they do, even if you had a really good kicksin... it wouldn't be as good as some of the other characters.

Wow is just diablo on steroids. It's basically the same game when you look at it. One is just a lot bigger.

It's bad.

Posted Image

#60 Toxic

Toxic

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

And yes they do, even if you had a really good kicksin... it wouldn't be as good as some of the other characters.

Well then why play any build other than Hammerdin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.