The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

kanucks25

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh, JUST stopped playing Classic Diablo 2 ladder after the 1.10 patch.

Classic was GREAT as skill won over gear. LOD? Yup, all about the gear.

I wish they'd announce a flipping release date although i read on battle.net that they are planning yet another ladder reset soon. (Hopefully the last one)

Damn I was hoping they would let us do our own stats. I hope the builds don't just become cookie cutter specs that everyone has to be to succeed like in WoW.

If I want to be a wizard with a ton of strength, then let me be a wizard with a lot of strength!!

Who's going to be the bad guy at the end? Tyrael? Diablo again? Maybe the other Overlords from hell who banished the brothers to begin with?

I think that a prequel game with the Horadrim, when they capture the brothers and imprison them in the soulstones would have been wicked.

I wish they'd announce a flipping release date although i read on battle.net that they are planning yet another ladder reset soon. (Hopefully the last one)

Also, although it is not yet official, it is believed that D3 will be free-to-play (not pay-to-play like WoW) because Blizzard has said that Starcraft and Battle.Net will be free. Therefore, Diablo III should also be free.

More on the Skill Tree:

In Diablo II you would save all your skills (while putting 1 point into each prerequisite) until you reached the skill you wanted to max... they want to change this whole format.

Like Diablo II, each character class will have 3 skills trees (for example, the Sorc has Fire, Lightning and Cold) and all trees will have tiers (I'm guessing 3-4). To open up the Tier 2 skills, you must spend 5 points in Tier 1, but you can spend them in any tree, and mix-and-match to open up Tier 2 for all three trees. For example (using the Diablo II Sorc again) you can spend 2 skills in Cold Tier 1, 2 skills in Fire Tier 1 and 1 skill in Lightning Tier 1 to open up Tier 2 skills for all three trees (Fire, Lightning, Cold). Also (although this is not finalized yet), it seems that the skill cap will be 5 to begin with. As you "progress" (I guess that means through the storyline, quests or your character's level) it will be increased to 15 which will be the final cap (might be an interval of a 10 skill cap as well)

The three skill trees for the Barbarian will be Berserker, Battlemaster and Juggernaut.

New skills hotkeys: left click, two right click (swap with mouse scroll or TAB) and four hot-bar skills (default hotkeys are 1/2/3/4). When you press the hot-bar keys, the skill will be cast in whichever direction your cursor is (it won't just switch your mouse hot-keys like in D2).

More on the Skill Tree:

In Diablo II you would save all your skills (while putting 1 point into each prerequisite) until you reached the skill you wanted to max... they want to change this whole format.

Like Diablo II, each character class will have 3 skills trees (for example, the Sorc has Fire, Lightning and Cold) and all trees will have tiers (I'm guessing 3-4). To open up the Tier 2 skills, you must spend 5 points in Tier 1, but you can spend them in any tree, and mix-and-match to open up Tier 2 for all three trees. For example (using the Diablo II Sorc again) you can spend 2 skills in Cold Tier 1, 2 skills in Fire Tier 1 and 1 skill in Lightning Tier 1 to open up Tier 2 skills for all three trees (Fire, Lightning, Cold). Also (although this is not finalized yet), it seems that the skill cap will be 5 to begin with. As you "progress" (I guess that means through the storyline, quests or your character's level) it will be increased to 15 which will be the final cap (might be an interval of a 10 skill cap as well)

The three skill trees for the Barbarian will be Berserker, Battlemaster and Juggernaut.

Also, although it is not yet official, it is believed that D3 will be free-to-play (not pay-to-play like WoW) because Blizzard has said that Starcraft and Battle.Net will be free. Therefore, Diablo III should also be free.

I also heard it will be free to play. I think they'll make their money in multiple expansions though.

JSP huh? ;)

I remember about, oh, 5 years ago I sold a 110-170 BH and 4 sojs for $200 bucks. 2 weeks later paypal "reversed the transaction due to suspicious account activity". Man that peed me off!

Archived