The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

kanucks25

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some more information:

- Runes will play a different role, although it has not been established as of yet, however we do that they will no longer be "socketed" into items. Runes will have qualities that can be upgraded (like gems in D2... chipped, flawed, perfect, etc.). Some runes may also affect your skills, not items (no more runewords).

- When you die, you don't return to town. In this game there will be checkpoints and you will re-spawn at the last checkpoint you passed.

- No loss of experience for dieing.

- Not as many health potions: health orbs will drop from killed enemies which can be absorbed for health. When you fight a boss, health orbs have a chance of dropping when you hit the boss (because boss fights are going to be longer/better).

- When you level up, something happens where everything around you gets hurt or killed.

- If you kill two enemies really quickly you get more experience than killing one and killing the other one a little later.

- New WD skill: Plague of Toads. Similar to the Sorc's Charged Bolt in D2, the WD will throw toads in a horizontal line or arch (yes... I know).

- New WD skill: Spider Statue. The WD makes a statue of Spiders and then they all crawl over enemies and hurt them (not quite sure if this is correct).

- New Wizard skill: Hydra. Probably exactly like the Hydra from the D2 Sorc, flaming dragon things come out and shoot fire.

- New Wizard skill: Acid Cloud. Not sure how it works. My guess would be a cloud will be shot or spawned on top of enemies and it poisons them.

- New Wizard skill: Meteor Storm. Not sure, but probably exactly like Meteor from the D2 Sorc, meteor shower from the sky.

- New Wizard skill: Duplicate. Definitely have no idea on this one. What can the Wizard "dupe"? enemies? items? other characters? minions? redo last move?

- New Wizard skill: Mirror Image. Again, no idea. Another guess: can copy any skill/move that was done to the Wizard.

Mirror Image, in WoW spawns 3 exact replicas of the caster that the enemy attacks and they do attack. In the wizard preview, there is a brief scene where the wizard uses that spell.

Anyways, this thread has encouraged me to go out and buy the Diablo Battlechest and play the game again.

Mirror Image, in WoW spawns 3 exact replicas of the caster that the enemy attacks and they do attack. In the wizard preview, there is a brief scene where the wizard uses that spell.

Anyways, this thread has encouraged me to go out and buy the Diablo Battlechest and play the game again.

The four stat categories for D3 will be: Strength, Dexterity, Vitality and Willpower.

Strength is from D2; (as far as I know) it increases the physical damage you do and a certain amount of "STR" is required to wear most items (varies).

Dexterity is also from D2; (as far as I know) it increases attack rating, a certain amount of "DEX" is required to use some weapons (varies) and, if it is like the previous game, it increases chance to block %.

Vitality is also from D2, but it doesn't just deal with life anymore; it also includes mana. The last attribute is Willpower, which will replace Energy (mana) from D2.

Apparently, Willpower will have an affect on your skills (before, only items and the skill points themselves affected skills).

Almost every character had the same stats anyways: enough STR and Dex to use items and rest in Vit. The only exceptions were Energy Shield Sorc's that needed Energy/Mana over Vitality/Life and some Bow Amazons that needed Dex for damage and attack rating.

- It seems as though there will be Scrolls of Identity but maybe not Scrolls of Town Portal. This is because whenever there was a boss fight in D2, players would "TP" into town during the fight. This is a stop in the action Blizzard wants to get rid of and rather have continuous action (probably the whole reason why health orbs have been introduced).

Worried about the skill cap, 15 skills seems a little low, but so long as the game is as based in the PvE realm around soloing bosses and MF'ing ill be happy

I love WoW but hate that i cant do anything on my own, D2 was the perfect game for this

Worried about the skill cap, 15 skills seems a little low, but so long as the game is as based in the PvE realm around soloing bosses and MF'ing ill be happy

I love WoW but hate that i cant do anything on my own, D2 was the perfect game for this

you only had to cookie cut a build if u dueled. but if you wanted to have fun you would build other builds.

I had a few fun builds i tried ... a Melee sorc: mana shield,enchant,firewall they werent very good but were fun.

See the thing about the Diablo quests and storyline was that it was quite boring once you did it that one time. Sure, after a long time you might do it again like it was meant to be done, but most people only went through the game the legit way 2-3 times.

The only thing left to do was PK, which involved 4-5 cookie cutter builds for every character class (depending on how "rich" you were).

I know what your talking about i had a smite/zeal pally had everthing the top as of 1 year ago except the Eth breath of the dying just had a regular one and an invintory full of small poison charms i couldnt even pick anything up.

but thats the only cookie cutter i had they rest of my characters were experiments.

Archived