The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

It's gonna be a long season for the Lions. Wally has made too many changes and gotten rid of too many good players.

Wally's got a knack for these things...don't you worry. He finds diamonds in the rough where no one else is looking and I don't expect this year to be any different. The team needed some tweaking and some changes had to be made. I am hopeful for the season and have faith in Wally.

Wally's got a knack for these things...don't you worry. He finds diamonds in the rough where no one else is looking and I don't expect this year to be any different. The team needed some tweaking and some changes had to be made. I am hopeful for the season and have faith in Wally.

• 2 weeks later...
The BC Lions Football Club announced today that import offensive linemen Jason Boone and Jovan Olafioye (pronounced oh-la-fy-oh-yay ) have signed with the team and will attend 2010 training camp.

Boone attended the University of Utah from 2003 to 2007 and was a standout at right tackle before moving to left tackle for his senior season. The Fillmore, Utah native not only achieved all-academic status in 2004, but was also a 2007 honourable mention All-Mountain West selection.

Olafioye began his college career at Grand Rapids Community College in 2005 before transferring to North Carolina Central in 2007. The 6’6”, 325-pound Olafioye hails from Michigan and attended a Detroit Lions mini-camp last spring.

I just realized something quite disappointing.

Here's the Lions' home schedule.

Sat Jul 10 Saskatchewan @ BC 07:00 PM

Fri Jul 16 Montreal @ BC 07:00 PM

Sat Aug 07 Calgary @ BC 07:00 PM

Sat Sep 11 Toronto @ BC 01:00 PM

Fri Aug 27 Calgary @ BC 07:30 PM

Sat Sep 18 Hamilton @ BC 07:00 PM

Sat Oct 02 Winnipeg @ BC 07:00 PM

Sat Oct 16 Edmonton @ BC 07:00 PM

Sun Oct 31 Saskatchewan @ BC 02:00 PM

There's only 2 afternoon games, one of which is Halloween. They should have had more nooners since they are playing outside. As recent history has been it's going to be freezing and raining on the Halloween game, so the September 11th game is the only chance of sitting outside on a nice day watching a game.

Isn't that only in the corners or endzone? I thought they said most of the seats were singles. I've been a lot of games at taylor field and bench seating does suck especially if you get a couple of fat bastards in your row.

Pictures make it look like bleachers. And I heard from a reliable source that they are the bleachers from the skiing events in Whistler :D

It's bleachers in the Bronze (back of the end zone), everything else will be seats... they just haven't been put on top of the stands yet but they will be there once all the stands are built. I called someone at the Lions office about it a week ago or so.

The picture below shows it best... you can see there's something missing there... the seats will get bolted onto the flat surface.

April_22_33328.jpg

Thank God.

I'm not a big fan of bleachers, was stuck with them for the last 2 Grey Cups. I read in the paper this morning that the seats are MUCH closer to the field, which is why they cut out the first 5 rows behind the bench. Hopefully this is the case.

BC lions draft picks:

Round 1

4th Overall: Danny Watkins - Offensive lineman

Round 2

10th Overall: Shawn Gore - Wide Receiver

Round 3

16th Overall: Joash Gesse - Linebacker

Round 3

20th Overall: Hamid Mahmoudi - Defensive Back

Round 4

24th Overall: Nate Binder - Wide Receiver

Round 4