The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Great deal on a Cam Wake jersey, only 99 cents!

Too bad shipping is $115.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CFL-BC-Lions-Cameron-Wake-Jersey-Small-NFL-Dolphins_W0QQitemZ290440854565QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item439f9fbc25

Also, I think the name and number are photo shopped in. Move the mouse back and forth over the tumbnails. It looks weird.

Getting excited about the season....not long now.

So I just learned that:

http://bclions.com/roster/show/id/3293

is a cousin of:

terrell-owens-photograph-c12396267.jpeg

(Hope swollen egos don't run in the family...while we need great players, we don't need attitude)

I think that was part of the Lion's undoing....they got away from working hard and playing great and just starting running with "we ARE great". But, while confidence and swagger aren't bad things, cockiness has to be backed up. Seems like Wally has it in check and is demanding a work ethic that demonstrates that the guys have the drive and determination to win (beyond just expecting it to happen).

I think he's looking toward prospective Welly's...players that he plans on whipping into shape in order to find the treasures beneath the extra pounds/acquired laziness. This team's been great at finding diamonds in the rough and developing players by giving them a shot. Hopefully, that trend will continue.

Here's what Geroy has to say:

http://www.bclions.com/article/on-the-air-geroy-simon-may-31-2010

Bring it on...ready for some football!

The Grey Cup has SOLD OUT setting a record for fastest game to sell out by a country mile.

I got my tickets on Friday night when I was at a bar and suddenly realized they went on sale June 1. Thankfully I got a pair up in row 83 of the upper deck around the 35 yard line. I hope they allow oxygen masks in there :lol:

I think any of the rookie receivers are in tough. Simon, Jackson, Arceneaux, Armstrong, Scott and Wilson. The race to back up Jamal Robertson is shaping up to be a good one.

One veteran that I believe is in jeopardy: Lyle Green. One could make a case for both scenarios.

Keeping him on the roster: Green's experience and veteran leadership will be key in the backfield. Also, Bwenge's retirement and Lumbala's defection to Miami work in Lyle's favour. He's also one of your best blockers, something that is paramount with Casey at QB. He's the only piece of the backfield that was here the for Casey's first stint.

Cutting him: Are his best days behind him? Not that it matters, but are the enough footballs go around with the receiving corps and Casey's ability to run. Jamall Lee is pretty much the same size and 11 years younger.

Historically speaking, Buono generally has one or two veteran cuts at the end of training camp. A lot hinges on whether WB feels that Jamall Lee can handle full time FB duty, whatever that may be in the re-designed offence. From what I'm hearing, the offense will be built around Casey's strengths, with designed rollouts to escape the pocket, meaning that the FB may come open underneath for some potentially big gains.

Defenses will probably give up the underneath routes, guarding against the homerun ball, which Printers and Simon feasted off back in 2004.

I can't see Green making it back to BC Place in 2011.

The Grey Cup has SOLD OUT setting a record for fastest game to sell out by a country mile.

I got my tickets on Friday night when I was at a bar and suddenly realized they went on sale June 1. Thankfully I got a pair up in row 83 of the upper deck around the 35 yard line. I hope they allow oxygen masks in there :lol:

Look for me in the lower bowl, row 3, on the goal line. :P

Geroy :wub::wub:

Read an article today about Korey Banks...really devastating about his son. Wonder how you'd have the will to go on after losing a child like that. I'd imagine he'll be fired up out there and it won't take much to make him snap.

http://www.leaderpost.com/Banks+brave+face+hides+heavy+heart/3130068/story.html

Can hardly wait for the season to get underway...thanks for the pics, LH.

But what the hell is Buttuglyone doin' on the field?

112631288.jpg

God, dude's everywhere.

I got my tickets to the August 27th game today. I'm probably gonna buy more. Does anyone know how many rows there will be in each section?

I got this email from the Lions when I got my seasons tickets. Hope it helps.

Here are a few things to consider when you are looking at your seat location:

· Seats along the sidelines, from endzone to endzone, are under cover from Row M and up.

· The last row in most sections is Row RR however the first row varies throughout the stadium.

o On the home side (east), Row E is the first row between the 30 yard lines. Row A is the first row outside the 30 yard lines.

o On the visitor’s side (west), Row E is the first row along the entire sideline.

o In the endzone Bronze seating, Row J is the first row.

· Seats are numbered similarly to BC Place. Seat 101 is to the left of the stairs and seat 1 is to your right of the stairs.

Please note, there are some exceptions to this rule. The aisle seats are numbered differently between Row P and Y on the sidelines and L and T in the end zones, due to the entranceway into the seating area. Please feel free to contact us for further details.

· Section names at the Empire Field Stadium are different than they were at BC Place. Please see the stadium seating chart to view your 2010 section.

· The replay screen will be located in the south endzone.

Archived