Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Jordan Schroeder

Center

Born Sep 29 1990  -- Prior Lake, MN 

Height 5.09 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots R

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 1 #22 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-07  USNTDP Under-18 Team        NAHL   31   12   11   23   10

2007-08  USNTDP Under-18 Team        NAHL   14    1    8    9    4

2008-09  U. of Minnesota             WCHA   35   13   32   45   29

2009-10  U. of Minnesota             WCHA   37    9   19   28   14

2009-10  Manitoba Moose              AHL    11    4    5    9    0   6   3   3   6   4

2010-11  Manitoba Moose              AHL    61   10   18   28   10  14   1   5   6   2

2011-12  Chicago Wolves              AHL    76   21   23   44   18   5   1   1   2   0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordan Schroeder.... didnt really think we can land this guy in the 22nd pick, but I won't complain much.

so let's talk about him~ what kind of a player is he? Since this guy is a projected 14th-17th pick in most of the mock drafts, I didn't really check this guy out. It seems like alot of people is pretty happy about him since most of the reports stat he's a very talented player. Very good speed, very strong shot, a great playmaker who can make his teamates around him better, it's just too good to think we can land him in the 22nd pick.

But that being said, it seems one of the biggest draw back on Jordan Schroeder is his small size (173 cm) and I am not sure how this will effect his career in the NHL in the future.

Would be nice to see what you guys think of him. :D

I like this very much - WCHA Rookie of the year. He is very strong, he was up their in the bench press test at the combine. I hope he can develop his trength further and become a bulldog type player so he can survive in the NHL. He is very talented, I am very happy!

Canucks got a major steal. If this kid was a couple inches taller he would be a clear top 10 pick. His offensive skill should rank as high as top 5. He should not have been pass the top 15. A can't miss prospect in my books.

The obviously knock on him is his size but watching him play. He won't have a problem. His speed and creativeness is good enough to be in the NHL. He plays a all round game in the NCAA. Schroeder led the USA JR team in scoring. He could turn into a Patrick Kane.

With his upper core being so strong. Schroeder should not have a problem playing in the NHL. All is left to say is..

EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE.

He was in the top 10 in the bench press at the draft combine so size means nothing to me.

I was watching and hoping no one would take him and we got him this is two years in a row we got a steal This just made my day I am so happy and LU went up and called his name in his home town wow

Yes he is a center

Archived