The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Just finished Schroeder's highlights for this season. Enjoy.

Any questions, just ask.

I noticed this when he first joined the Moose, but he scores a lot of his goals from the slot. Seems to be his default setting, which is good. Also plays the half boards on the powerplay.

Good speed, and offensive ability. If the guy was 2 or 3 inches taller everyone would be talking about what a great prospect we have, not his size. Which is unfortunate because he is really a great prospect.

I hope Gillis sends him hours upon hours of Patrick Kane video footage to study. Quite a few similarities in their styles of play.

hopefully with some of the footage/pics from his time out parting with a giant "do not do this" stamped on it. emulate everything kane on the ice, and do the complete opposite off of it.

Guest Dasein

I noticed this when he first joined the Moose, but he scores a lot of his goals from the slot. Seems to be his default setting, which is good. Also plays the half boards on the powerplay.

Good speed, and offensive ability. If the guy was 2 or 3 inches taller everyone would be talking about what a great prospect we have, not his size. Which is unfortunate because he is really a great prospect.

If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have gone in the top 5 - which is unfortunate because he wouldn't be our prospect then. So we gotta give to take - fortunate to have landed his level of skills at #23 due to his size which can be overcome.

If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have gone in the top 5 - which is unfortunate because he wouldn't be our prospect then. So we gotta give to take - fortunate to have landed his level of skills at #23 due to his size which can be overcome.

Exactly! Some people don't seem to realize the talent we have, and only focus in on his size. A guy this talented will work his way into any line-up regardless of his size.

Guest Dasein

I don't get it...

his first campaign with the Moose a few years back he had 9 pts in 11 games and was PPG in the playoffs...

Now he's reduced to around 50 pts per season in the AHL? what happened to this guy?

Anybody can have 11 hot games.

It's hard to have 80 games where you are consistently putting up those points game in and game out. That's why it's ridiculous to see people say Jensen is more NHL-ready than Schroeder because he put up 4 goals in 6 games this season in the AHL. Until they play a full pro season, you don't know how ready they actually are.

That's what makes the Sedins elite - they do it game in and game out. Schroeder at this point is ready to make an impact as a role player in the NHL because he has the conditioning and the professionalism to play a full season while putting up some points. If he wants to be great, then he'll have to learn to play every game consistently at a high level - but not many can do that.

Anybody can have 11 hot games.

It's hard to have 80 games where you are consistently putting up those points game in and game out. That's why it's ridiculous to see people say Jensen is more NHL-ready than Schroeder because he put up 4 goals in 6 games this season in the AHL. Until they play a full pro season, you don't know how ready they actually are.

That's what makes the Sedins elite - they do it game in and game out. Schroeder at this point is ready to make an impact as a role player in the NHL because he has the conditioning and the professionalism to play a full season while putting up some points. If he wants to be great, then he'll have to learn to play every game consistently at a high level - but not many can do that.

I couldn't agree more with this, just look at the role/trend it has happened for our top prospects like Cody Hodgson as well. In 11 playoff games with the moose he had 6 points on a bottom six role playing alongside Greg Rallo and Steven Lammers.

IMO i think because when these guys first step in, they have nothing really to lose, they just finished off a year in junior, and not much is expected of them, so they just play the game without any expectations and what not and flourish because of it. Think of it, I dont even remember people expected Jensen to be a high scoring player when he first joined the Wolves. Schroeder when he left the university of minnesota to join the moose on their run 2 years ago wasn;'t expected a whole lot of. Think of Hodgson already 3 years ago, he wasn't meant to have a much of an impact when he joined the Moose on their calder cup run late int he playoffs yet he did.

So. Really... Is this kid ready?

He is the last top draft pick where the Canucks were looking at speed and skill without size. Can he play? Does he deserve 20 games (remember mason Raymond was supposed to be "given a chance" when Mg took over.... Is this kid at the same dev level and skill?)?

Or can he play but AV might give him the cody treatment?

Guest gumballthechewy

Steve Yzerman was only 5'11", St. Louis is only 5'9", not that I'm comparing Schroeder to these guys, I'm just saying, size 'ain't everything.

Seems as Schroeder and Sweatt have a lot of chemistry this past year. Would like to see both of them given chances this year. I'd also like to see Schroeder given PP time. With that skill and shot, he sure fits very well on the half boards.

I don't get it...

his first campaign with the Moose a few years back he had 9 pts in 11 games and was PPG in the playoffs...

Now he's reduced to around 50 pts per season in the AHL? what happened to this guy?

What do you mean what happened to this guy? You can't judge him after playing that many games. He had a hard year in 2010-2011, but this year rebounded very well. MacT (Wolves coach this passed year) said he really liked his game this year and believes he could play in the NHL. If you watch that highlight video, that can give you a taste of his high skill. I'm more excited than worried with this guy.

Archived