The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

nice

Kopistarzzzz :)

Does anyone else get a strange feeling about Schroeder? - The same feeling after awhile with RJ Umberger...... For some inexplicable reason, I have a weird feeling that Schroeds never suits up with the canucks..... dont get me wrong, I feel he will be a STAR in the NHL, Just not for us...

I just cant really picture him in a Canucks jersey...

Anyone else get a bad feeling?

Im not saying we will lowball him and he moves on like Umberger - maybe - but something else. Trade maybe?

Let me just say that Im SUPER STOKED about getting Schroeder at 22nd, but for the sake of discussion during a VERY slow summer, Does anyone get the same feeling that Schroeder never suits up for the Nucks?

- I REALLY hope Im wrong. GILLIS:)

You just have that feeling because of the canucks history of first round picks. This is a new era though, no need to worry now, Gillis is captaining this ship

so stoaked about this pick ive watched the minny games on tv and hes defintly pretty dynamic...not afraid to pull spin o-ramas and stuff, not that that means anything but he defintly plays with sum flash and swagger...great pick.

nice

Kopistarzzzz :)

Does anyone else get a strange feeling about Schroeder? - The same feeling after awhile with RJ Umberger...... For some inexplicable reason, I have a weird feeling that Schroeds never suits up with the canucks..... dont get me wrong, I feel he will be a STAR in the NHL, Just not for us...

I just cant really picture him in a Canucks jersey...

Anyone else get a bad feeling?

Im not saying we will lowball him and he moves on like Umberger - maybe - but something else. Trade maybe?

Let me just say that Im SUPER STOKED about getting Schroeder at 22nd, but for the sake of discussion during a VERY slow summer, Does anyone get the same feeling that Schroeder never suits up for the Nucks?

- I REALLY hope Im wrong. GILLIS:)

Yeah it's called being a Canuck fan for a long time. Eventually the feeling of overwheming Doom comes over all of us 'Nuck Fans. But For Some Strong Feeling I Got a Good Feel9ing With Gilles. He Would NEVER let what happened to Umberger Happen to ANY of his draft picks. Call it being a Skilled negotiator or being an agent fort along time, I have a Good Feeling about him and his Drafting.

You just have that feeling because of the canucks history of first round picks. This is a new era though, no need to worry now, Gillis is captaining this ship

Yeah it's called being a Canuck fan for a long time. Eventually the feeling of overwheming Doom comes over all of us 'Nuck Fans. But For Some Strong Feeling I Got a Good Feel9ing With Gilles. He Would NEVER let what happened to Umberger Happen to ANY of his draft picks. Call it being a Skilled negotiator or being an agent fort along time, I have a Good Feeling about him and his Drafting.

LOL you guys are exactly right. I had to laugh and then facepalm. I was 8 or 9 when Bure scored his first NHL goal. Ive loved this game and this team ever since. Ive had my heart shattered too many times I guess.... :lol:

Apparantly, he's generously listed at 5 foot 8. He's closer to 5 foot 6 and a half from what I heard. :blink:

LOL first it's the grabner thread saying he's in av and mg's dog house now this, just stop while your ahead, as your IQ drops with every post you make.

Apparantly, he's generously listed at 5 foot 8. He's closer to 5 foot 6 and a half from what I heard. :blink:

From What I have heard they measure all the prospects at the combine, and he is 5'8. No arguing, No speculation, No "my friends said this".

here is TSN's scouting report!

NHL Central Scouting's Jack Barzee: "He's a dynamic player, a leader and a type of player that has developed into a complete offensive and defensive threat every time he is on the ice. He has a rocket of a wrist shot and he can beat you by putting the puck in the net, going around a defender, or freezing the goaltender and passing it off to one of his wingers. The concern is going to be his overall size, like there was with Scott Gomez, with Brian Gionta and with Patrick Kane, but at the same age he is probably a little thicker and a little bit more compact than they were. He's a great hockey player."

Minnesota (WCHA)

POS: C SH: R

DOB: 9/29/90 HT/WT: 5-8/175

Style: Steve Yzerman

Give him a few years to develop and he will have a decent shot at the NHL for sure. A nice prospect in the system of the Vancouver Canucks.

Give him a few years to develop and he will have a decent shot at the NHL for sure. A nice prospect in the system of the Vancouver Canucks.

I think he has a decent shot right now so why give him a few years to develop when he can develop even faster in the NHL. Jordan has always played against people older than him his whole life and is still the best player when that happens. Even Dave Gagner said he is NHL ready.

If he has a hell of a training camp and makes the team im going to be so stoked, you put out the best team possible, period.

With Dan Murphy saying they are looking to sign him makes me wonder if the canucks managment think he will make the team this year, Murph is a pretty reliable source so it has to have a little bit of truth in it and signing him to play in the WHL or in the AHL makes no sense at all.

If he has a hell of a training camp and makes the team im going to be so stoked, you put out the best team possible, period.

Unless he's signed, he won't be coming to camp.

You can't come to camp unless you're signed and if you're signed, you lose college eligibility.

He won't even be at the prospects camp.

Unless he's signed, he won't be coming to camp.

You can't come to camp unless you're signed and if you're signed, you lose college eligibility.

He won't even be at the prospects camp.

Yea, im just saying if he is signed than that would mean he is probably going to make the team. Just find it odd that this story came out from murph because i would say hes a pretty good source on what the nucks management is thinkin.

Dan Russell says that he stood next to Schroeder and he's 5'9" himself, and he quote "towered" over Schroeder.

Then again, Dan Russell doesn't have a clue, and he's a typical Bullshytter media punk.

You realize that Dan Russell is a cross dresser who regularly wears 4 inch heels right?

Yea, im just saying if he is signed than that would mean he is probably going to make the team. Just find it odd that this story came out from murph because i would say hes a pretty good source on what the nucks management is thinkin.

I think the Canucks were interested in signing Schroeder so that he could come to camp and if he didn't make the team, go play in Everett (or maybe even the Moose) rather than UMinn.

I think he has a decent shot right now so why give him a few years to develop when he can develop even faster in the NHL. Jordan has always played against people older than him his whole life and is still the best player when that happens. Even Dave Gagner said he is NHL ready.

With Dan Murphy saying they are looking to sign him makes me wonder if the canucks managment think he will make the team this year, Murph is a pretty reliable source so it has to have a little bit of truth in it and signing him to play in the WHL or in the AHL makes no sense at all.

Highly unlikely he would make the team even if we did sign him. In fact I'd be astounded if he did with us having so many other forwards fighting for a spot. But I mean anything is possible, just unlikely in this case.

Archived