The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I would be very unhappy if he was our 3rd line center because I believe in winning in the playoffs... where winning means battling and winning. The 3rd line role will not suite is body or his game. But I havent seen him this year so...

He would have had to improve 100% in his own end, gain 30lbs while consistantly answering physical battles inorder to be near mention of a roster spot in 2013 on the Canucks.

CoHo was a very good positional player who seemed to anticipate the puck well and he was also quite a bit bigger so I understand why he was given a defensive role on the Canucks and with shorty, I dont see him getting much chance.

And while Im on it, I look forward to watching CoHo steadily rise in points and become that Doug Weight type guy we knew he would be.

Cody Hodgson is 185 pounds, Jordan Schroeder is 180. But according to you Schroeder would need to gain 30 pounds to play on our third line? :huh:

Somebody better tell Pavel Datyuk that being 5'11 and 195 pounds isn't good enough to be a defensive player! Dave Bolland, all 178 pounds of him is totally useless as a third liner right?

Cody Hodgson is 6 feet tall, Jordan Schroeder is 5' 9" , but both of them being almost the same weight I guarantee you that Schroeder is stronger, and also faster.

"I would be very unhappy if he was our 3rd line center because I believe in winning in the playoffs" - Hmm makes sense, too bad the Canucks couldn't score to save their freakin lives in the playoffs, but Im sure Manny Malhotra on the third line would be more effective than Schroeder just because he's bigger? You know who did the most damage to the Canucks when Chicago beat us the first time in the playoffs.... Patrick Kane.

"I haven't seen him play this year, but he would have to improve his defensive game 100%" - haha so ironic..... don't think I need to comment on that.

Wolves have a pretty small set of forwards, but oddly enough this was an advantage last night. For anyone who watched the game you would notice that when the wolves were up 5-3, after they scored with around 4 minutes left, it was all small forwards bringing the energy late game. Ebbett got a goal about 2 minutes later to put the Wolves up 6-3, and after seeing that shift it was all energy from "small" guys like Ebbett, Davies and Friesen. These guys forcheck so hard and ended up putting the nail in the coffin while the big guys were still trying to catch their breath on the bench.

It's good to have a couple jitterbugs on forward if only for those last few minutes of play.

^^ Schroeder can be on our third line only if Kesler would want to do almost all the d-zone heavy lifting. Lapierre isn't great at draws. Manny is still a question mark and Hank never seems to have to take a d-zone draw.

Schroeder, in the way that the Canucks like to utilize their 3rd line center currently, would be roasted alive.

If he is to be used properly, that means he'll have to take almost exclusively offensive zone shifts. But good luck seeing that with the Sedins around. And good luck having that happen when the team didn't even want to do that with CoHo. Then again, maybe in order to vindicate the CoHo trade, we might see Schroeder inserted into cushy situations just because.

Might or might not work, depending on how Brandon Reidish he turns out to be for the big squad.

^^ Schroeder can be on our third line only if Kesler would want to do almost all the d-zone heavy lifting. Lapierre isn't great at draws. Manny is still a question mark and Hank never seems to have to take a d-zone draw.

Schroeder, in the way that the Canucks like to utilize their 3rd line center currently, would be roasted alive.

If he is to be used properly, that means he'll have to take almost exclusively offensive zone shifts. But good luck seeing that with the Sedins around. And good luck having that happen when the team didn't even want to do that with CoHo. Then again, maybe in order to vindicate the CoHo trade, we might see Schroeder inserted into cushy situations just because.

Might or might not work, depending on how Brandon Reidish he turns out to be for the big squad.

Schroeder's defensive game has improved a lot, he gets used in every situation including the PK. I believe he can be a defensive force, though I'm the first to acknowledge that he doesn't battle well along the boards. Having wingers like Hansen do that for him, would enable Schroeder to sneak in the slot. I think he will be given a chance this year, I don't think he will be a full time NHLer in Vigneaults system though. Still excited to see the kid get a shot.

Then maybe we should bring back Marc Chouinard just because he is good at faceoffs? ::D

Or maybe its time to let some prospects play their own game. Not every center is going to be Jonathan Toews-eque in the face off circle just because they play center. No reason to only play them in cushy situations or not play them at all.

Unfortunately, the Canucks are likely going to go through with exactly what i said. Marc Chouinard notwithstanding.

Then maybe we should bring back Marc Chouinard just because he is good at faceoffs? ::D

Or maybe its time to let some prospects play their own game. Not every center is going to be Jonathan Toews-eque in the face off circle just because they play center. No reason to only play them in cushy situations or not play them at all.

How spoiled we are. In reality, Lapierre is a very good faceoff man.

Max was 52.1% last year. That puts him 56th in the league (minimum 100 draws).

We just happen to have two guys who are even better (3 when we had Pahlsson).

Archived