The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

The thing is, Schroeder is a setup guy. He can only get points if his linemates finish off his passes.

So him not piling up the points is just a testament to the lack of offense on the Wolves.

They are currently 15th in the league for goals for, and last season they were 16th. So their offensive problems really haven't been solved, and having their captain do nothing isn't helping either.

The thing is, Schroeder is a setup guy. He can only get points if his linemates finish off his passes.

So him not piling up the points is just a testament to the lack of offense on the Wolves.

If his linemates can't finish, then it's up to him to start being more selfish and shoot more, which is what happened last season, and what he needs to keep doing IMO. Even with Kassian on his line.

If his linemates can't finish, then it's up to him to start being more selfish and shoot more, which is what happened last season, and what he needs to keep doing IMO. Even with Kassian on his line.

I agree he definitely needs to shoot more. He's got a wicked wrister that he doesn't use enough.

His problem seems to be getting in a position to shoot though. He's gotta get better at moving laterally and getting around defenders to get in better positions.

Schroeder is different than all of those players because he doesn't have the same amount of speed. He's decent, but it will be fairly average in the NHL. I remember watching Schroeder play back when he was with the Gophers, and say that he was more like a Derek Roy. The problem we are seeing is that, he is also lacking the intensity of those smaller players that are listed. Though, i do believe he'll have a stint with the Canucks, i think he won't reach his maximum potential until he goes over to the east or a weaker team. The Canucks are soft enough with the twins, and because of that, it doesn't seem make sense to add a forward like Schroeder in the top six.

What?? No speed? no speed and short is a bad combination. I swear, Jordan Schroeder was the 2nd fastest straight ahead skater in the 2009 draft behind Magnus Paajarvi.

Anyways, I took a picture with him one time. Jordan Schroeder. I am 5'8. I was clearly taller then Schroeder by at least 1.5 Inch. I'm sorry to say, he's not 5'9. It's exaggerated.

Schroeder is different than all of those players because he doesn't have the same amount of speed. He's decent, but it will be fairly average in the NHL. I remember watching Schroeder play back when he was with the Gophers, and say that he was more like a Derek Roy. The problem we are seeing is that, he is also lacking the intensity of those smaller players that are listed. Though, i do believe he'll have a stint with the Canucks, i think he won't reach his maximum potential until he goes over to the east or a weaker team. The Canucks are soft enough with the twins, and because of that, it doesn't seem make sense to add a forward like Schroeder in the top six.

Have you been watching the Wolves this year? His speed has been evident. He's not MayRay in that he blazes around the rink all the time, but he can still turn on the jets when he needs to and we've seen it happen.

He is not makIng the NHL and neither is Rodin. Epic fail.

Luongo

Shcroeder

Rodin

For

Bjugstad

Clemensen

3rd

lolwut.jpg

First of all, the value coming back in that proposal is not even CLOSE to worth it for us. You're making Bjugstad out to be the equivalent of some star prospect. While he's a good one, he's not worth an elite goaltender in Luongo alone, let alone Luongo+. And Clemmensen plus the 3rd aren't enough to make up the difference.

And second, he was going to get his chance with the Canucks had there not been a lockout. If you have a crystal ball, why not predict the winning lottery winning numbers while you're at it?

First of all, the value coming back in that proposal is not even CLOSE to worth it for us. You're making Bjugstad out to be the equivalent of some star prospect. While he's a good one, he's not worth an elite goaltender in Luongo alone, let alone Luongo+. And Clemmensen plus the 3rd aren't enough to make up the difference.

And second, he was going to get his chance with the Canucks had there not been a lockout. If you have a crystal ball, why not predict the winning lottery winning numbers while you're at it?

Classic case of someone undervaluing our players, and overvaluing other teams players.

The guy has probably never even seen Bjugstad play. He just sees that name tossed around on here, and assumes that he's a star prospect.

Bjugstad is a top prospect, but he's still very unproven, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire in the WCHA. There would have to be more on their end for that deal to ever happen.

Tallon said in an article that he is just as bullish on Bjugstad as he is on huberdeau. That would make Bjugstad an elite prospect.

You ever heard of trying to increase the value of your assets? Gillis does that sort of thing with our prospects and players all the time.

Florida doesn't wanna trade either of these guys because they are the succession plan for Florida for the number 1 and 2 center. There's no way they trade either one unless they get a top center prospect back.

Note how there is no mention of Gudbranson :bigblush:

LOL good one :P

Serious note though, probably because Gudbranson was a top 4 NHL defenseman last season as a 19 year old :( I would love it if we could get him. I'd even do Luongo or Schneider for Gudbranson straight up (though I think we could get a pick or two or a mediocre prospect coming our way if we tried hard enough).

Archived