The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I honestly feel like Schroeder gets the short end of the stick when it comes to the line-up.

He plays with Rodin for a handful of games - gets on a point streak, then the lines get shuffled.

Same with him and Sweatt or him and Kassian.

It seems like anytime there is an issue with another line; Schroeders gets adjusted as well.

Arneil just doesn't seem to get the concept of "linemates". He shuffles everyone, and everyone is worse off because of it. Then in the last few games he's stopped screwing with the lines, they're getting some chemistry going and are playing with a lot more heart. Schroeder and Kassian have both suffered horribly from this and their production correlates with the stability of their lines. Even Ebbett is showing far more confidence now. If Arniel was the Canucks' head coach he would never play the Sedins on the same line. Guy is an idiot and it's painful to watch.

Guest Dasein

like I said with Hodgson- I would put schroeder on the second line between booth and kesler and let him feed passes all day. with kesler on the ice, i would not be so worried about a defensive matchup. Gillis and Veigneault cried about how Hodgson was a defensive liability, I don't get that- look at teams like Philly-put couturier up against crosby last year, had schenn playing big minutes in the playoffs- what do we do- we trade away our only good young player before the playoffs because we are falsely concerned he'll get eaten alive.

Gillis' first year here was great and then he started to make really poor decisions- him and veignealt need to give young guys a chance-Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder need a chance- they wont be perfect everygame but how else will you develop your young players?

Please do not go there ever again...

Sean Couturier is an absolute beast on defense. His role in the playoffs last year was to shut down Evgeni Malkin, and he did an effective job. Cody would have gotten manhandled.

As for Schenn, he played big minutes because he is better than Hodgson offensively. 9 points in 11 playoff games last year says the coach was right in playing him that much.

Please do not go there ever again...

Sean Couturier is an absolute beast on defense. His role in the playoffs last year was to shut down Evgeni Malkin, and he did an effective job. Cody would have gotten manhandled.

As for Schenn, he played big minutes because he is better than Hodgson offensively. 9 points in 11 playoff games last year says the coach was right in playing him that much.

yup there was one game against chicago last year that cody got a few shifts against chicago's topline and they got totally dominated AV would have had a hissy fit if he had to play hodgson in the playoffs against other teams top 2 lines.

Guest Dasein

yup there was one game against chicago last year that cody got a few shifts against chicago's topline and they got totally dominated AV would have had a hissy fit if he had to play hodgson in the playoffs against other teams top 2 lines.

Any coach would.

Guest Dasein

^^^ Yup, and to be honest, I am not comfortable with the idea of having Jordan out there against a line like that either. Although, I think Jordan has the speed to at least keep up with them in terms of skating and being in position or get back to position if he's caught cheating - but you're just not gonna see Jordan defend Thornton, Backes, Getzlaf, Toews, etc because size does matter. He will have to overcome it by anticipating the game better than anybody he's defending to be ahead in position, which will be tough.

So I'm not just ripping on Cody. I wouldn't want Jordan out there against big lines either at this point.

Arneil just doesn't seem to get the concept of "linemates". He shuffles everyone, and everyone is worse off because of it. Then in the last few games he's stopped screwing with the lines, they're getting some chemistry going and are playing with a lot more heart. Schroeder and Kassian have both suffered horribly from this and their production correlates with the stability of their lines. Even Ebbett is showing far more confidence now. If Arniel was the Canucks' head coach he would never play the Sedins on the same line. Guy is an idiot and it's painful to watch.

Haha, this.

@benkuzma

Schroeder on possibly playing his first regular-season game for Canucks: "It's my sense for the game. Knowing what to do with the puck ...

... and what to do without the puck and not getting myself in trouble. That's what it takes to play up here, an all-round game."

I hope AV can find it in his heart to give Schroeder just one game on the 2nd line before sending him to Chi. I think if you give him the 2nd line duties and show confidence in him, he'll perform well. But AV will bench him with one mistake, hopefully he wont.

I hope AV can find it in his heart to give Schroeder just one game on the 2nd line before sending him to Chi. I think if you give him the 2nd line duties and show confidence in him, he'll perform well. But AV will bench him with one mistake, hopefully he wont.

I have always felt that Schroeder has to play with good players.

Put him with Booth and Higgins, and they will make plays happen.

I almost want the nucks not to do good so we can finally get rid of AV...

I said this before at the end of last year when the King dominated us and AV was once again a statue on the bench and did nothing.

and got flamed, some agreed but the majority did, glad other's are seeing this now too, although at this point I just want to win, if AV costs us in the playoffs no chance he is back, this could be our best chance at the cup with the extra gas we will have in tank for the playoffs (Maybe besides 2011)

I almost want the nucks not to do good so we can finally get rid of AV...

We won't fire AV during a 48-game season.

Too much is at risk. You can't implement a new system of a new coach in halfway into a 48-game season because you can't afford to have an adjustment period.

You just hope and pray that the players come through and play the current system until they start winning again.

During the summer? Maybe. But us doing bad also implies our goaltending was suspect and/or we weren't scoring enough goals. That's bad on Schneider, and bad on our forwards.

Definitely don't want that.

AV would have had a hissy fit if he had to play hodgson in the playoffs against other teams top 2 lines.Stexx

Any coach would. Dasein

Ruff said the Sabres are set with Ennis and Hodgson as their top two centers.

After that, the mix of centers will include Ott, Leino, Grigorenko and Matt Ellis.

Wednesday,January 9th,2013

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=43&navid=DL|BUF|home

AV would have had a hissy fit if he had to play hodgson in the playoffs against other teams top 2 lines.Stexx

Any coach would. Dasein

Ruff said the Sabres are set with Ennis and Hodgson as their top two centers.

After that, the mix of centers will include Ott, Leino, Grigorenko and Matt Ellis.

Wednesday,January 9th,2013

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Ruff didn't make the playoffs last year and he's not going to make the playoffs this year.

So moot point.

Archived