The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

what rumour

was a rumor when burkie was still in charge, that probably revolved around luongo going to philly and bryz going to toronto.

was never really fully established.

on the JS front if ebbetts game today didnt cement his callup for wednesday/friday im not really sure what will.

Ya Ebbett was horrible tonight. I'm not sure he's worthy of being waived just yet, because that's the choice either waive him or one of our extra D in order to call up Schroeder. I still don't think Schroeder is in Chicago, as there is no way he wouldn't have played Saturday given the Wolves are currently using career ECHLers in Kattelus and Kenton Miller as centres.

If I were to bet, I'd say Schroeder is keeping a low profile in a Vancouver hotel, and will likely suit up for the game on Wednesday.

Ya Ebbett was horrible tonight. I'm not sure he's worthy of being waived just yet, because that's the choice either waive him or one of our extra D in order to call up Schroeder. I still don't think Schroeder is in Chicago, as there is no way he wouldn't have played Saturday given the Wolves are currently using career ECHLers in Kattelus and Kenton Miller as centres.

If I were to bet, I'd say Schroeder is keeping a low profile in a Vancouver hotel, and will likely suit up for the game on Wednesday.

i think they will waive one of the two defenseman on tuesday probably after the morning practice.

edit: it really isnt even ebbetts fault, the line is just poorly constructed they cant play a corners game with him and raymond they are just too soft and that line needs to create offense off the rush but ebbett really isnt creative enough to do that.

i think they will waive one of the two defenseman on tuesday probably after the morning practice.

edit: it really isnt even ebbetts fault, the line is just poorly constructed they cant play a corners game with him and raymond they are just too soft and that line needs to create offense off the rush but ebbett really isnt creative enough to do that.

You were right, vandemeer was placed on waivers this morning

you basically just said its not ebbetts fault, but it is his fault. but i agree with the second part, there is no cycle and no rush chances. Schroeder and him have very similar defensive game but schroeder is a much better fit for that line offensively.

You were right, vandemeer was placed on waivers this morning

Oooo interesting.

Let's see if Schroeder gets called up as soon as Vandermeer clears or is claimed.

As expected, Schroeder gets the call. He's already skating with the team in practice this morning on a line with Raymond and Weise. I wonder if he ever really left Vancouver.

Anyway, it's just great to know that he's finally going to get in his first NHL game!

Would Jordon Schroeder have done better in the AHL if he had better linemates? Had he have skilled linemates to play with at all? He may be 5'8/5'9 but I am sure he plays bigger than he looks...I think he will be fine since Derek Roy is here now with Dallas at 5'9 so has some company in that department

As expected, Schroeder gets the call. He's already skating with the team in practice this morning on a line with Raymond and Weise. I wonder if he ever really left Vancouver.

Anyway, it's just great to know that he's finally going to get in his first NHL game!

I highly doubt he even left Vancouver. Classic Canucks paper transaction. The team probably gave him a stipend for these past few days and told him to take it easy and chill out in a hotel downtown.

As for the poster who said he was keeping a low profile, well, I think you nailed it on the head, as it's not exactly hard for him to do... :bigblush:

I kid!

Would Jordon Schroeder have done better in the AHL if he had better linemates? Had he have skilled linemates to play with at all? He may be 5'8/5'9 but I am sure he plays bigger than he looks...I think he will be fine since Derek Roy is here now with Dallas at 5'9 so has some company in that department

He was playing with the likes of Sweatt or Rodin who hasn't exactly lit it up this year... so I'd say yes.

Meanwhile Ebbett got all the prime PP minutes and got to play with Kassian plus the only good veteran (before the lockout ended, that is) in Sterling.

If I had to describe Schroeder's 1st NHL game in one word it would be "Polished".

He's clearly ready to be a full time NHL player.

I actually agree, I said before that I thought he was better in camp than Cody was last year in camp I think right now he is on the same path Cody was, I see alot of the same things, it is a bit early but from what we have seen (and what I have seen witht he Wolves) I think he is every bit as good right now as Cody was at this time of the season last year, and Cody got better as the year went on and I think JS will do the same.

It's just one game but I really liked his play, can't wait for Friday to see him again.

Archived