The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

As others mentioned above, he just may be that 3rd line center that we were missing.

He could be the Chris Drury or the Scott Gomez for us - the young, small centers that just enter the league and play a big role on a championship-calibre team.

I'm gunna temper my expectations and just enjoy the ride. Saying he could be our Drury or Gomez is a bit of a stretch. Shredder is off to a good start so far but both those guys won the Calder (I think...). Having the best rookie of the season can help any team in the playoffs, Shredder isn't the best rookie of the year.

But I'd sure be happy to be wrong lol

seeing the healthy lineup predicitions... ill give er a go...

sedin - sedin - burrows

higgins - kesler - kassian

booth - schroeder - raymond

lapierre - malhotra - hansen

let raymond score up his value... then off to washington for brouwer..... mmmmm, thats tasty. :bigblush:

IMHO Kesler should be moved to wing where he had great success with Sundin and really started his journey to greatness. Schroeder shows to much skill and talent to waste, so put him between Kesler and Burrows or if he must play as a third line player keep him with Raymond and Hansen, speed kills

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else really surprised by how much ice time Schroeder's been getting? I thought for sure his biggest obstacle would have been getting ice time under AV. (given his history with rookies, and preference for bigger veterans). To date, he's been getting an average of 14+ minutes a game, even with Kesler back in the lineup, albeit not at 100%. He beat out Lapierre, Ebbett, and Malhotra (While he was playing).

He got a lot of critism after failing to dominate in the AHL, but he's been a very solid player for us. Good speed, smarts, and a high skill set.

Anyone else really surprised by how much ice time Schroeder's been getting? I thought for sure his biggest obstacle would have been getting ice time under AV. (given his history with rookies, and preference for bigger veterans). To date, he's been getting an average of 14+ minutes a game, even with Kesler back in the lineup, albeit not at 100%. He beat out Lapierre, Ebbett, and Malhotra (While he was playing).

He got a lot of critism after failing to dominate in the AHL, but he's been a very solid player for us. Good speed, smarts, and a high skill set.

Not surprised because he always plays defense first. Every game you can see him break up a play in the d-zone and a few seconds later the Canucks are in the opposition's zone.

Not surprised because he always plays defense first. Every game you can see him break up a play in the d-zone and a few seconds later the Canucks are in the opposition's zone.

He's in the top five in the league for takeaways as a rookie.

But he's not shooting enough, look at guys like Conacher and Gallagher (similar to Schroeder's size) who are great offensively and fire whenever possible. I think Schroeder can be better than them.... He just needs to shoot.

Kesler just cam eback into the fold after two major surgeries so AV is babying him atm.

Lapierre just hasn't been good at all this year. Taking too many undiscipline penalities all at bad times of the game, most on ones that often cost us a goal. He's already take 3 that costed us, One in San Jose = Pavelski goal that crushed our chances to make a comeback. Minnesota, Setoguchi's goal broke our lead in half when we had all the momentum and the other one against St Louis equaling in Andy McDonald's goal i believe or one of the blues goals. I dont see AV asking MG to bring him back for next year.

Malhotra, well for obvious reasons

Ebbett, he is just a plug in general.

The exciting thing about Schroeder is that you just know the points are going to come soon because of his talent level. Right now, he's just doing all the little things to stick in the NHL. We're seeing the effective Schroeder, the defensively responsible Schroeder. However, the offensive dynamo Schroeder is close to arriving. It might not be next year, or even the year after, but I fully believe if given the right opportunities he could develop into a top line player this team can build around for the future. He's got the speed, he's got the skill, he's got the vision, and maybe most importantly, it seems he does have that rare ability to overcome the size deficit and still make an impact in the NHL. All he's missing is the opportunity. Hopefully soon, maybe starting next year, he gets a shot on the wing on the 2nd line and we'll see where he goes from there.

The exciting thing about Schroeder is that you just know the points are going to come soon because of his talent level. Right now, he's just doing all the little things to stick in the NHL. We're seeing the effective Schroeder, the defensively responsible Schroeder. However, the offensive dynamo Schroeder is close to arriving. It might not be next year, or even the year after, but I fully believe if given the right opportunities he could develop into a top line player this team can build around for the future. He's got the speed, he's got the skill, he's got the vision, and maybe most importantly, it seems he does have that rare ability to overcome the size deficit and still make an impact in the NHL. All he's missing is the opportunity. Hopefully soon, maybe starting next year, he gets a shot on the wing on the 2nd line and we'll see where he goes from there.

Agreed. You can tell that he is just going to continue to improve over the next few years. He really needs to adjust to the wing, as I don't see him jumping to the 2nd line as a C. Just like with CoHo, AV will continue to keep Kes in that position. Jordon isn't really the typical 3rd line C either. I would like to see him develop on the wing.

Agreed. You can tell that he is just going to continue to improve over the next few years. He really needs to adjust to the wing, as I don't see him jumping to the 2nd line as a C. Just like with CoHo, AV will continue to keep Kes in that position. Jordon isn't really the typical 3rd line C either. I would like to see him develop on the wing.

Me too, however just so you know, they tried that on him in the AhL and it's failed miserably.

I don't really see Jordan Schroeder here long term. With Kesler and Sedin probably here for another 3-5 years atleast, I think Schroeder probably isn't in the long term plans of the Vancouver Canucks. They'd much rather Use Gaunce as a SOLID 3rd line center with size and the ability to help on the PK but move up to the 2nd line with injuries to Sedin or Kesler. I can't see Schroeder staying in the 3rd line center position beyond next year.

**Disclaimer: UNLESS he starts just tearing up the NHL and ppg then all bets are off

I don't really see Jordan Schroeder here long term. With Kesler and Sedin probably here for another 3-5 years atleast, I think Schroeder probably isn't in the long term plans of the Vancouver Canucks. They'd much rather Use Gaunce as a SOLID 3rd line center with size and the ability to help on the PK but move up to the 2nd line with injuries to Sedin or Kesler. I can't see Schroeder staying in the 3rd line center position beyond next year.

**Disclaimer: UNLESS he starts just tearing up the NHL and ppg then all bets are off

He could also switch to wing, I think it would look kind of bad if Gillis trades him. 3 first round picks gone since he's been here and all of them are in the NHL...

Grabner

Hodgson

Schroeder if he trades him.

He could also switch to wing, I think it would look kind of bad if Gillis trades him. 3 first round picks gone since he's been here and all of them are in the NHL...

Grabner

Hodgson

Schroeder if he trades him.

He at least picked up a first rounder in Kassian (excluding players like Ballard that were first rounders a long time ago). Schroeder is more of a PLY. If he is able to light it up, and steal Kesler's 2nd line spot, Kesler might be the one going (I'm sure he would waive his NTC if he was getting demoted, but would be choosy on which team he accepts a trade too).

• 2 weeks later...

I think that if Schroeder is to stay in Van, he has to adapt to the wing (and be good at it). Otherwise he's trade fodder.

I agree. He's too small to be an effective third line center.

Move him to the wing and let him use his speed more and not worry about the defensive side as much as a center.

Lots of smaller players have successfully converted to the wing once they reach the NHL. I think he could be the right wing playmaker that Kesler needs.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Raymond (Big Center) Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Kassian

If all we do is acquire a center at the deadline, I'd like t see these lines. Although I have a feeling we'll trade one of our wingers. We're kind of overloaded. If Booth gets traded, Higgins can move to the second line and we can acquire a big two way winger for the fourth line.

I agree. He's too small to be an effective third line center.

Move him to the wing and let him use his speed more and not worry about the defensive side as much as a center.

Lots of smaller players have successfully converted to the wing once they reach the NHL. I think he could be the right wing playmaker that Kesler needs.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Raymond (Big Center) Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Kassian

If all we do is acquire a center at the deadline, I'd like t see these lines. Although I have a feeling we'll trade one of our wingers. We're kind of overloaded. If Booth gets traded, Higgins can move to the second line and we can acquire a big two way winger for the fourth line.

There are so manyquestiion marks on your 2nd line that roster isn't CUP quality IMO. Depending on the acquired C I would think the 3rd line could challenge in production which is a sad comment.

Archived