The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Shirokov scored 7 points in 4 games in the preseason game too, Schroeder just score two points in college pre-season game, so we shouldnt have high hopes on him just yet.

Well based on what he did last season as an under-aged rookie, I think we can have high hopes for at least this season. whether or not that will translate to the AHL (or NHL) next year is another question altogether.

The preseason accolades continue to roll in for Minnesota sophomore Jordan Schroeder, who has most recently been named to the preseason All-American team by College Hockey News.

Schroeder is also the Western Collegiate Hockey Association's preseason Player of the Year by both the coaches and the media. He was the WCHA Rookie of the Year and was a second-team All-WCHA selection after ranking third in the country with 45 points and 32 assists in 2008-09. Schroeder was also recognized by College Hockey News last season as the publication's National Rookie of the Year. He is the only underclassman among the six preseason first-team selections.

Schroeder, a Prior Lake, Minn. native, was the first round pick by the Vancouver Canucks and the 22nd player taken overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He will face another of the preseason All-Americans in the Gophers' season opener when they take on North Dakota and returning WCHA Defensive Player of the Year Chay Genoway.

The other preseason All-Americans are Princeton senior goaltender Zane Kalemba, Michigan junior forward Louie Caporusso, Colgate senior forward David McIntyre and Notre Dame senior defenseman Ian Cole.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204808659#

he should be a very good player in the future, is he playing centre or wing?

Scouts say he's a winger.

In a interview video, he said he's a centerman. But it's great to have players that can play multiple positions. Apparently he's good at taking faceoffs too. A pure bonus. Hodgson gets waived, out here comes Schroeder who is also a faceoff man. Very excited about this guy, unbelievable pick. What a gift to Canuck fans at 22.

I can see Schroeder making the Canuck next year.

He is a really good play maker so I can see him being promoted as the 2nd line centre and Kesler moved to the win.

Kesler-Shroeder-Somebody

I say in two years he can make the nucks, unless he has an amazing camp next year,other than that this is the more likely situation then.

I say in two years he can make the nucks, unless he has an amazing camp next year,other than that this is the more likely situation then.

Yeah i agree. I see this as being his last year in the NCAA then i can see him playing next year with the Moose and perhaps getting a few call ups if he's playing well and then the following year he'll probably get a full time spot.

Yeah i agree. I see this as being his last year in the NCAA then i can see him playing next year with the Moose and perhaps getting a few call ups if he's playing well and then the following year he'll probably get a full time spot.

He'll be playing with the Moose in the playoffs in just a few months from now, so I guess we should all just hold our opinion on his NHL-readiness until then...

Hodgson did well in the AHL Playoffs. He just got a nagging back injury after. He should be back and raring to go next year! Can't wait to see Cody next year. Hansen should be good by then too. I just hope he adds some edge to his game ala Kesler and Burrows.

I think it's good for Hodgson to go back to brampton. Develop him well, maybe next year a few games in the ahl with shroeder.

A hodgson Schroeder line would definately pull the moose over the top.

But there's something that Schroeder will have an advantage on come next year comparing to Hodgson this year. Speed Speed Speed, he was the 2nd fastest skater in the draft.

I think it's good for Hodgson to go back to brampton. Develop him well, maybe next year a few games in the ahl with shroeder.

A hodgson Schroeder line would definately pull the moose over the top.

But there's something that Schroeder will have an advantage on come next year comparing to Hodgson this year. Speed Speed Speed, he was the 2nd fastest skater in the draft.

Schroeder was also one of the strongest in the draft and he plays a gritty, gionta style.

Archived