The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder has 8 points (1-7-8) in his last 6 games for Chicago and has the longest active assist streak in the AHL.

Looks like sending him down has done him some good.

I think his experience from games played in the NHL have helped his game a lot. He is an NHL caliber player, he just needs to find his consistency.

i like that he's showing that he's gotten better. i just don't know if he will be staying with the canucks much longer. he could be in the nhl, but we don't seem to be interest in having him up.

I think he really needs to learn how to exert creative control over the game offensively. That is far easier to develop in an environment where you are the best player. Its always going to be about his skills overcoming his size disadvantage for him. You've got to be willing to give that type of prospect extra time because they need greater skill development. I was skeptical before this year but now I'm cautiously optimistic as he's shown a few flashes of brilliance.

The drive to the middle of 4 defenders and subsequent pass to Weise for the goal comes to mind. It wasn't great because of the drive or the pass (though the pass was sensational and he's made a few like it). What is important about that play was that he knew what he was doing the whole time. He worked his way into a dangerous position and baited the D to cheat up on him with his eye discipline (looked off Weise like a QB). Once the D did what he caused it to do he pounced on the passing opportunity. That is controlling the play. That is what makes the Sedins elite. That is what Schroeder needs more of in order to make his physical deficiencies worthwhile. It will take time, but he's shown the potential and is still trending upwards even now.

What I hope he can pick up from Roy is how he deceptively varies his speed on the rush. It really gives the puck carrier more control over creating passing lanes and dictating defender reactions.

Guest Dasein

Jordan Schroeder is finally dominating the AHL after some NHL experience.

Since March, he's had only one game where he was held without a point, and has 14 points in 11 games.

Can't wait until we call him up when the playoffs begin.

Schroeder's sure on a great run since he was sent back down.

If AV plans to leave Roy with Kesler, I do not know why Schroeder hasn't been recalled. He's a better option than Ebbet, that's for sure.

Don't want to screw-over Chicago as they are in a hunt for a playoff spot.

If/when their chances are over - expect Schroeder up

Raymond Shroeder hansen has been one of our most effective lines all season. Can't see AV not using it.

Seriously

Sedin Sedin Burr

Roy Kes Kass

raymond shroeder Hansen

Booth Lappy Higgins.

When healthy we have a very deep team.

I suspect Schroeder's FO % is close to Roy's. I expected a stronger % out of Roy. I cannot see the Canucks succeeding in playoffs without a solid 3rd line. With 3 games left Roy should drop back to 3C and Schroeder should get a shot on wing. Try him at 2LW. He distributes the puck well and has Kesler as a shooter. I don't see him getting ice in playoffs failing a injury replacement. That assumes Higgins makes it back.

I suspect Schroeder's FO % is close to Roy's. I expected a stronger % out of Roy. I cannot see the Canucks succeeding in playoffs without a solid 3rd line. With 3 games left Roy should drop back to 3C and Schroeder should get a shot on wing. Try him at 2LW. He distributes the puck well and has Kesler as a shooter. I don't see him getting ice in playoffs failing a injury replacement. That assumes Higgins makes it back.

How many times does it need to be said that Schroeder can not play on the wing? They tried it in the AHL and he failed miserably at it.

How many times does it need to be said that Schroeder can not play on the wing? They tried it in the AHL and he failed miserably at it.

how many times does it need to be said that when he played with hodgson as his centre he looked fine. Of course when he played with some ahl reject that had a career average of 20points a year he looked miserable. Look at the moose centres from 2010. Hodgson was hurt and schroeder playing wing that left the following players.

alex bolduc

marco rosa (played on 1st line schroeder didnt)

joel perrault (spent most of the year with vancouver)

prab rai

stefan schneider

mario bliznak

If my memory serves when hodgson got hurt he played with bliznak for 10games or so then they moved him back to centre. Hardly a fair trial on the wing.

how many times does it need to be said that when he played with hodgson as his centre he looked fine. Of course when he played with some ahl reject that had a career average of 20points a year he looked miserable. Look at the moose centres from 2010. Hodgson was hurt and schroeder playing wing that left the following players.

alex bolduc

marco rosa (played on 1st line schroeder didnt)

joel perrault (spent most of the year with vancouver)

prab rai

stefan schneider

mario bliznak

If my memory serves when hodgson got hurt he played with bliznak for 10games or so then they moved him back to centre. Hardly a fair trial on the wing.

Didn't he mostly play wing at the WHC too? Seemed very effective there. I can see him playing wing for Kesler pretty effectively. But I'd worry about how hard the board battles are gunna be come playoff time. I'd go

Twins-Burr

Raymond-Schroeder-Kesler

Higgins-Roy-Kassian

Booth-Lappy-Weise

When the lineups healthy.

Have Kesler take the face off then switch to wing as him and Roy have been doing.

Didn't he mostly play wing at the WHC too? Seemed very effective there. I can see him playing wing for Kesler pretty effectively. But I'd worry about how hard the board battles are gunna be come playoff time. I'd go

Twins-Burr

Raymond-Schroeder-Kesler

Higgins-Roy-Kassian

Booth-Lappy-Weise

When the lineups healthy.

Have Kesler take the face off then switch to wing as him and Roy have been doing.

im not sure who played centre at the WJHC. I think Wilson might have played wing and they had schroeds in the middle.

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/article/2009-02/fine-line-world-junior-championship

old article from back then, still amazing the points that line put up.

favourite quote from that article:

“Schroeds is going to go in the top-5 in the draft, so I’ll be the odd man out at No. 7,” joked Wilson, a 2008 draft pick of the Nashville Predators.

If they plan on having Roy on Kesler's line, then Shroeder better be getting 3rd line center duty. He's already proven much better than Ebbett.

definitely. Hes better everywhere. He wins battles, hustles in his own end, and crushes ebbett in the dot.

Archived