The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Anyone else surprised that Canucks have not recalled Schroeder or other players? Usually we r the first to recall our prospects before playoffs and is awfully quiet this year ....

im guessing that with the bruins game today the regular season is extended 1 day and therefore teams must have capspace until monday morning in order to recall players from the AHL.

They scratched him in the final wolves game of the year, likely to prevent injuries. They must have plans to recall him.

After clinching the NW, they should have played him the final two games to get him a bit more experience. This years playoffs is gonna be very physical. If we do have indeed have a longer run, he'll mostly likely play some games.

He has played very well after being sent back down. I believe he's been a PPG.

I would have liked:

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Roy

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Pinizotto Lapierre Weise

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Is such a soft 3rd line. During the game against St.L it was really noticeable how Raymond was getting run over. It would be the same for Schroeder. I prefer Lappy on the 3rd.

If Booth were available, I think a 3rd of Booth Schroeder Kass would be pretty good.

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Is such a soft 3rd line. During the game against St.L it was really noticeable how Raymond was getting run over. It would be the same for Schroeder. I prefer Lappy on the 3rd.

If Booth were available, I think a 3rd of Booth Schroeder Kass would be pretty good.

We're not a tough team. It's time for people to start realizing that. No matter how you construct the lineup, it's not gonna be tough.

We're a skilled team. We have to win with skill.

I'd rather try and win games by playing to our strengths and being fast and skilled. Then try and pretend to be some big grinding team that we're not.

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen will get us farther than Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen. We need secondary scoring.

We're not a tough team. It's time for people to start realizing that. No matter how you construct the lineup, it's not gonna be tough.

I'd rather try and win games by playing to our strengths and being fast and skilled. Then try and pretend to be some big grinding team that we're not.

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen will get us farther than Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen. We need secondary scoring.

I thought Van played a pretty physical game against the Hawks. In fact I think Van has more in the physical department than the Hawks and SJ. No matter whether an opponent is 'physical' or not they will target certain Van forwards, the Twins, Raymond and most definitely Schroeder if he played. The Twins because they are the Van offensive QB's, Raymond for his breakaway speed and Schroeder because of his inexperience and size. All Van d-men will be targets simply because it yields offensive chances. Van tried your offence first idea in 2011 and it ran out of gas thru attrition. Oddly enough as many pick the Hawks to come out of the west I question their ability to stand up to physical play. Hossa is one hit away from another concussion and the 'Twerp' disappears every time he takes a hit.

I thought Van played a pretty physical game against the Hawks. In fact I think Van has more in the physical department than the Hawks and SJ. No matter whether an opponent is 'physical' or not they will target certain Van forwards, the Twins, Raymond and most definitely Schroeder if he played. The Twins because they are the Van offensive QB's, Raymond for his breakaway speed and Schroeder because of his inexperience and size. All Van d-men will be targets simply because it yields offensive chances. Van tried your offence first idea in 2011 and it ran out of gas thru attrition. Oddly enough as many pick the Hawks to come out of the west I question their ability to stand up to physical play. Hossa is one hit away from another concussion and the 'Twerp' disappears every time he takes a hit.

IMO any team has to be able to match what ever the other team throws over the boards, I believe the Canucks can do that. If the opposition wants to play tough, or speed or skill we have to be able to match it. We have enough toughness to do that

Exactly. If we force the other team to play our game, it doesn't matter how much tougher they are than us. Look at the home game against St Louis - they couldn't keep up when we turned it up with our speed and skill.

Schroeder a RFA this summer. What does his next contract look like?

2 years, $2 million? I can't see him getting much more than that, could be less. 9 points in 31 games doesn't earn him a whole lot, but I'm guessing it'll be short term as he's projected to improve upon those numbers and in a few years he'll be worth more. Maybe $900k in the first year, $1.1m in the second year.

His qualifying offer has to be a minimum of $850,500 so it'll be higher than that at least.

2 years, $2 million? I can't see him getting much more than that, could be less. 9 points in 31 games doesn't earn him a whole lot, but I'm guessing it'll be short term as he's projected to improve upon those numbers and in a few years he'll be worth more. Maybe $900k in the first year, $1.1m in the second year.

His qualifying offer has to be a minimum of $850,500 so it'll be higher than that at least.

Oh, was wondering what his Q.O was. Good to know.

Ya, these 2nd contracts confuse me for a player who's had little or no NHL time yet. For him and Tanev, I'm a little confused. Would be good if they could get Schroeds at $1M per, I think he centres the 3rd line next yr. They really need to inject some youth into the lineup.

Oh, was wondering what his Q.O was. Good to know.

Ya, these 2nd contracts confuse me for a player who's had little or no NHL time yet. For him and Tanev, I'm a little confused. Would be good if they could get Schroeds at $1M per, I think he centres the 3rd line next yr. They really need to inject some youth into the lineup.

I'm pretty excited for that next year. With the cap going down, they'll have to insert more youth on those cheap ELC's. Guys like Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado could all be regulars next year. Add in Kassian and Tanev and the Canucks could have quite a few young guns on the roster.

^

Plus guys like Andersson, Gaunce, Mallet, Lack, and a few more with a chance of making the squad too.... the Canucks future isn't really all that shabby.

No one really screaming "Superstar" potential, except for Jensen, but lots of players to slot in throughout the lineup.

I'm pretty excited for that next year. With the cap going down, they'll have to insert more youth on those cheap ELC's. Guys like Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado could all be regulars next year. Add in Kassian and Tanev and the Canucks could have quite a few young guns on the roster.

Ya, me too. Always good to see the young guys brought in and see what they can do. I think Gilis gets another young guy (centre or winger) in the Luongo trade as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived