The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I think tonight's game will be critical for him.

I don't understand why he was in the press box first 2 preseason games... Has he fallen that low so fast? Didn't he just get a one way contract?

No the exact opposite. First 2 preseasons are where most teams play their borderline hopefuls like Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Santorelli, etc. So the competition isn't exactly NHL-calibre.

We need to see Schroeder against NHLers and tonight is the night. Unlike the new kids like Horvat, Gaunce, etc, he's a lock to make the team and we just need to see where we can deploy him - so he doesn't play the first 2 games.

No the exact opposite. First 2 preseasons are where most teams play their borderline hopefuls like Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Santorelli, etc. So the competition isn't exactly NHL-calibre.

We need to see Schroeder against NHLers and tonight is the night. Unlike the new kids like Horvat, Gaunce, etc, he's a lock to make the team and we just need to see where we can deploy him - so he doesn't play the first 2 games.

I like him but am unsure where he fits on this team right now.

Honestly for the benefit of both team and player I feel like we should trade him. Unless he fits in somewhere that I can't see.

Richardson I think has 3c locked in, 2line winger, booth and burrows. Higgy and Hansen are locks as 3rd line wingers and 4th line I would think isn't a good spot for him.

i think detroit showed you dont need a big brusing 3rd line if your top players can handle the matchup game. We all know kes can do it and the sedins can hold their own, so a higgins-schroeder-hansen line could give the canucks a huge offensive push just like the kid line in detroit last season of brunner-nyquist-andersson.

good news for the canucks is it looks like they can mold that 3rd line this year to play however they want with richardson. Lain also looked very good and could play a 4th line role with richy on the 3rd line for more of a "heavy" lineup against a big team.

Tough break for the kid, but I'll bet you my bottom dollar he is Tort's man now.

Blocked a shot selflessly, bought into the team system 110%, worked hard out there every shift before the injury.

Torts is gonna remember this. He appreciates guys that do this and he will remember that Jordan is his man and he went down doing the things Torts asked him to. As soon as he's game-ready, Torts will reward him and give him ice time.

Tough break for the kid, but I'll bet you my bottom dollar he is Tort's man now.

Blocked a shot selflessly, bought into the team system 110%, worked hard out there every shift before the injury.

Torts is gonna remember this. He appreciates guys that do this and he will remember that Jordan is his man and he went down doing the things Torts asked him to. As soon as he's game-ready, Torts will reward him and give him ice time.

totally agree. torts won't forget about him. schroeder will have his opportunities this year.

he is still young, let himheal up, start him in ghe ahl, call him up in case of injuries- still would like to see him center Kesler and booth because he has good vision and speed to keep up with these guys. Would have been a nice pre season experiment.

I said time and time again, a nice line would have been Kesler-Hodgson-Booth but the idiot AV never considered that- now putting him between those guys would have sky rocketed his trade value - think about it

he is still young, let himheal up, start him in ghe ahl, call him up in case of injuries- still would like to see him center Kesler and booth because he has good vision and speed to keep up with these guys. Would have been a nice pre season experiment.

I said time and time again, a nice line would have been Kesler-Hodgson-Booth but the idiot AV never considered that- now putting him between those guys would have sky rocketed his trade value - think about it

First, he is on a 1 way contract, he can't he sent to Utica without going through waivers. He will get claimed.

Second, why would we trade him? He is the future of the Canucks.

I agree, he was playing well that game, Schroeder was being auditioned with the spotlight on him to be the 3rd line centre with Higgins and Hansen playing as the top line against the oilers. But that shot block, like you said, will resonate with Torts, and as soon as Santorelli screws up, Schroeder will be back in the fold. He won a lot of faceoffs that night as well, and was tenacious in the forecheck

First, he is on a 1 way contract, he can't he sent to Utica without going through waivers. He will get claimed.

Second, why would we trade him? He is the future of the Canucks.

One way/two way has absolutely nothing to do with waiver eligibility. Professional games played and age determine waiver exemption/eligibility. This isn't EA Sports...

One way/two way has absolutely nothing to do with waiver eligibility. Professional games played and age determine waiver exemption/eligibility. This isn't EA Sports...

I think he is waiver eligible. He is 22yrs old and has surpassed the 70 game mark (after 20yrs old, AHL games are counted). He's already played in 31nhl games and well over 100 ahl games since 20yrs.

If this information is correct, I think JS makes the team. He would be snatched up off the waiver wire and is not of much value to be traded. I think the management give him lots of opportunity to have success and develop before even thinking about letting him go.

If anyone can verify this info, pls do.

Why would we attempt to send down Schroeder if he is on a 1 way contract? That seems like a waste of salary.

It is worth trying Schroeder as 2RW because of his playmaking ability. His wrist shot should not be underestimated either. Depending on how well his FO % is after surgery the 3C role is an option. It would drop Richardson to 4C as neither Higgins or Hansen will be bumped off the 3rd. Like every year the lineups will be in limbo for 5 - 6 weeks while Torts assesses. All this assumes that Gillis doesn't use his + $2 mil in CAP space.

Had we signed a veteran center for the 3rd line like Grabovski I could have seen this happening.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder

Higgins - Grabovski - Hansen

He won't be put on waivers; I think he will be traded along with others management has decided no longer fit long-term.

He'll have to come back from injury (after blocking that shot) and play well to have any value in a trade. And if he's playing well...would we still want to trade him....?

he won't be waived. looking at the schedule, he's going to miss around 6-8 games. santorelli is going to get to draw into the line up, then when schroeder gets back up to speed those two will be competing. pretty awesome if you ask me; those 2 are competing for a spot occupied by ebbett before derek roy was in the picture. our forward depth this year is way more preferable compared to last season.

Why would we attempt to send down Schroeder if he is on a 1 way contract? That seems like a waste of salary.

They wouldn't, but my point was not the rationale behind the decision whether or not to send Schroeder down; my point was that 1-way contract versus 2-way contract has no bearing on waiver eligibility and the way you worded it could confuse people (especially those whose CBA knowledge base comes from the EA Sports NHL series).

Archived