The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I can't speak for everyone but for myself, looking ahead a year or two, it's do you start Horvat or Schroeder as your 3rd C? In most cases it's Horvat. There is also Guance.

If they are able to outplay Schroeder. Schroeder has proved equally, if not more than Horvat or Gaunce at the same age, plus now that he's developed within the system and with more experience in the NHL level.

While it's easy to just focus on the new shiny toys, it doesn't mean it's automatically better than what you already got previously.

Might be easier to just have Horvat or Gaunce as wingers, since it'll be a easier transition to the NHL or with 4th line duties, a la Kesler's rookie year.

If they are able to outplay Schroeder. Schroeder has proved equally, if not more than Horvat or Gaunce at the same age, plus now that he's developed within the system and with more experience in the NHL level.

While it's easy to just focus on the new shiny toys, it doesn't mean it's automatically better than what you already got previously.

Might be easier to just have Horvat or Gaunce as wingers, since it'll be a easier transition to the NHL or with 4th line duties, a la Kesler's rookie year.

I'm not just looking at "shiny new toys" I was looking more toward the future as in 2+ years and whether Schroeder is a fit long term. Also, what you're replying to was a reply to another poster, wherein I mention it could be a better fit for us long term is Schroeder could move to the wing.

Archived