The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Does this mean that next year the Canucks prospects will centre the top two lines of the gophers? I can't remember if Schroeder played centre on the top line last year.

Schroeder did play on the top line and top pp units. The problem is, Ryan Stoa will be tough to replace and Schroeder may struggle just a bit without a big forward with skill such as Stoa.

LOL NICE GILLIS! TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Whoops a crack in the floor!

There's goes Schroeder.

And some people were bitching about the prospect of drafting a little "runt" like Ellis...... this guy is 2 inches shorter!

Anyways, I'm not that upset really, I hope he puts on a few inches, but overall a pretty good pick. Again, one of the smartest players in the draft.

Are you serious?

Add 4 inches to the kid and he is a guaranteed top 5 pick, and height isn't really a problem nowadays.

Yes i am serious.. I do see your point schroeder is a steel at 22nd overall. However, another small center? You do see where i'm coming from with this right?

Jordan Schroeder.... didnt really think we can land this guy in the 22nd pick, but I won't complain much.

so let's talk about him~ what kind of a player is he? Since this guy is a projected 14th-17th pick in most of the mock drafts, I didn't really check this guy out. It seems like alot of people is pretty happy about him since most of the reports stat he's a very talented player. Very good speed, very strong shot, a great playmaker who can make his teamates around him better, it's just too good to think we can land him in the 22nd pick.

But that being said, it seems one of the biggest draw back on Jordan Schroeder is his small size (173 cm) and I am not sure how this will effect his career in the NHL in the future.

Would be nice to see what you guys think of him. :D

oh so what your saying is datsyuk and st. louis suck just cause they are small

Schroeder did play on the top line and top pp units. The problem is, Ryan Stoa will be tough to replace and Schroeder may struggle just a bit without a big forward with skill such as Stoa.

Stoa is a center as well, did they actually play together other than the PP?

His season last year is VERY impressive, looks like a steal at this point. If Pat Kane can be as successfull as he is at his size in the western conference Schroeder should be fine, hes thicker and stronger. Another good pick by Gillis.

so where will Schroeder end up into next year? Stay in NCAA? Would be nice to see him in the training camp, but I doubt he will play for the canucks next year due to his size :C

He should spend at least another year in the NCAA. With Stoa gone. Schroeder will be to "go to" guy with the Gophers. Plus, he'll go back to World JR USA. Lots of experience can be gained.

Stoa is a center as well, did they actually play together other than the PP?

His season last year is VERY impressive, looks like a steal at this point. If Pat Kane can be as successfull as he is at his size in the western conference Schroeder should be fine, hes thicker and stronger. Another good pick by Gillis.

Schroeder can play on the wing.

oh so what your saying is datsyuk and st. louis suck just cause they are small

suck? no

but it is a reasonable concern :D I am very exciting about acquiring him, but rationally you just can't overlook his lack of size since this is probably his only drawback from being a complete package~

as for your examples, St. Louis is 175 cm who took him until his late 20s to have a break out year. and Schroeder is 2 cm shorter than him.

Datsyuk is 180 cm......

Archived