The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Holy F! MINNESOTA LOSES 6-0 TO THE WOLVERINES!

Needless to say no points for Schroeder...

It is ridiculous how much this Gopher team is playing like absolute garbage this year!

I know Schroeder is a huge fan of the U of Minnesota tradition, but I really hope he doesn't stick around after this year...this school's hockey program seems like it is taking a nosedive after producing some great young players.

Dear Jordan Schroeder

Clearly the Gophers are going nowhere this year and it is not to your benefit to be surrounded by such consistent losing and ineptitude. Former Gopher Kyle Okposo was the same age you are now when he left the Gophers mid-season and he has done fine since.

sincerely

The Canucks Fanbase

Dear Jordan Schroeder

Clearly the Gophers are going nowhere this year and it is not to your benefit to be surrounded by such consistent losing and ineptitude. Former Gopher Kyle Okposo was the same age you are now when he left the Gophers mid-season and he has done fine since.

sincerely

The Canucks Fanbase

Word

Didn't Okposo earn a call-up to the NHL that year as well?

Dear Jordan Schroeder

sincerely

The Canucks Fanbase

Dear Canucks Fanbase, I hope you will be there for Jordan if he fails to make the NHL or is this just for your own self ego talking for him to leave school.

Can Gillis please try and move this guy to the Silvertips or the Moose. I know it's early in the season, but if things keep going this way for the Gophers, it could end up being a wasted year for Schroeder. They clearly don't have the talent they did when Stoa was on the team. Schroeder needs to play wih guys that can finish, put him with Shirokov on the moose, and we can form a mini Montreal Canadiens first line.

Didn't Jordan's dad want him to stay in Minnesota?

Yea he did. But it's Schroeder's career here, not his dad's. I agree that going to school is important for him, but he's also gotta do what's best for his hockey career, that's whats gonna make him the money. If Canuck's management thinks it would be better for him to go to the WHL, then maybe its time for him to stand up for himself and make that decision.

From what I heard Smyl say about him in an interview, he said that Schroeder is almost good enough to play in the NHL now with the skill that he has, it's just a matter of getting stronger. So it's not unrealistic to think that he could play in the AHL this year too; which would be a big step in his development.

He won't be doing 4 years anyway, so what's the different if he leaves after 2 years or 1.5?

There isn't really much of a difference. I would just hate to see him take a step back in his development or lose any confidence becaus he's not putting up the same point totals he did last season.

I just think its good to have all of our prospects on winning teams, because winning teams produce winners. Nobody wants to play on a losing team, it just brings down your confidence.

There's still lots of hockey left to be played though, so there's no need to panic. Hopefully the team is just struggling to find chemistry, but it will all get sorted out.

Yea he did. But it's Schroeder's career here, not his dad's. I agree that going to school is important for him, but he's also gotta do what's best for his hockey career, that's whats gonna make him the money. If Canuck's management thinks it would be better for him to go to the WHL, then maybe its time for him to stand up for himself and make that decision.

From what I heard Smyl say about him in an interview, he said that Schroeder is almost good enough to play in the NHL now with the skill that he has, it's just a matter of getting stronger. So it's not unrealistic to think that he could play in the AHL this year too; which would be a big step in his development.

The impression I get is that hockey is not the first priority, education is. His Dad probably justs wants him to have something incase the hockey career doesnt work out. Which is understandable.

The impression I get is that hockey is not the first priority, education is. His Dad probably justs wants him to have something incase the hockey career doesnt work out. Which is understandable.

Too bad this fanbase doesn't get it

Even if he became a career AHLer, he would make way more money than he ever would in another career. Sorry but if I had the potential to play in the NHL and make millions of dollars playing a sport I love, I would do everything I could to make that a reality. Including going against my parents advice...I dont think that sounds that insane, it actually sounds pretty rational to me.

Now if he doesn't have the passion to actually play in the NHL, thats one thing, but I dont think thats true.

Too bad this fanbase doesn't get it

Schroeder had thoughts about turning Pro this season, I'd wager a lot of money that he turns Pro this off-season.

We get it, education is good, that's why I'm finishing up my degree this semester. But it's not like he has a 4 year plan anyway, I could maybe see him doing 3 years, but I'd be absolutely shocked if we see him dress up for the Gophers as a Senior. So like I said, leaving after 1.5 years doesn't change a whole lot when he likely wouldn't be at UofM to finish his degree anyway.

Kevin Connaution left WMU for the Giants, should we all be criticizing him for his decision?

Archived