The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

has 1 assist so far today, I havent watched any of the US games, but seams like hes been a little of a disapointment this tourny, for some reason is he not playing with good linemates?

He ended up with 2 Assists.

He's not playing with the best linemates compared to last year and the year before, he was playing with JVR and Colin Wilson.

I watched the game against Slovakia, you could tell he had the most talent of any US forward, but he looked uninterested most of the time. Underestimating the opponents maybe?

We'll see when they play Canada and then the first playoff game....

Disappointing season for Schroeder disappointing tourny so far for Schroeder. There is really no excuse for struggling, hes not struggling, but I did expect him to rip it up, LIKE 3 OTHER USA PLAYERS ARE. So what if he does not have Wilson or Van's Ryemsdyke. They are not on the team this year, is that the excuse? He needs to have those players around to rip it up? There are currently 6 players on team USA that have more points then him. Flat out more points, and i'm not counting the rest of the guys with 3 points. He needs to pick up his game. He had chances to rip it up against weak teams, and both times he actually failed to actually "rip" it up, like some other elite prospects do, not even elite prospects. These are the average prospects that Schroeder should be better then.

Disappointing season for Schroeder disappointing tourny so far for Schroeder. There is really no excuse for struggling, hes not struggling, but I did expect him to rip it up, LIKE 3 OTHER USA PLAYERS ARE. So what if he does not have Wilson or Van's Ryemsdyke. They are not on the team this year, is that the excuse? He needs to have those players around to rip it up? There are currently 6 players on team USA that have more points then him. Flat out more points, and i'm not counting the rest of the guys with 3 points. He needs to pick up his game. He had chances to rip it up against weak teams, and both times he actually failed to actually "rip" it up, like some other elite prospects do, not even elite prospects. These are the average prospects that Schroeder should be better then.

You're right. He looked uninterested in the game I watched and in a 12-1 win today I would have expected him to get more than just 2 assists. He needs to pick up his game and start playing hard.

Schroeder actually played a great game against Canada, best of the tournament so far for him. It's nice to see that he steps it up in big games. He should have tried something different on the shootout though (though I'm glad he didn't). The kid is gonna be a beast, espescially if his linemates could learn to finish. he's a great setup man.

I love how Schroeder is used in every type of situation. He's on the 1st unit powerplay and the 1st unit penalty kill. Shows that the coach has alot of confidence in him. Kind of like Hodgson was used in the last world juniors.

You can tell he's got amazing vision, sometimes it just seems that he's one step ahead of his linemates. Good to see him get the record tonight! biggrin.gif

Archived