The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder will be brought in for the experience but he cannot play due to signing after the trade deadline.

5 players including cory schneider will be brought up for the remainder of the playoffs.

he could play, since he was canucks property, except for the fact that his contract kicks in starting after this season. I think if we needed him we could sign him to a PTO as well and bring him in, but I'd rather not be forced into that situation (it would me we have a number of injuries and underperformers.

Towards the end of the playoffs he was centering a line with Desbiens and Kevin Clark. He and Desbiens seemed to have some real chemistry together, which was great to see. The classic case of power forward creating space for the playmaker to weave his magic. Pretty much all the points that those 2 put up in these playoffs came in the last 4 or so games of this series.

I would like to see what kind of season he has next year in manitoba. If he does well, he could be ready for the 2011 - 2012 season

He could be ready as soon as next season, if he works hard this off-season and has a good training camp. As of now, we have an opening in Demitra and Wellwood's positions.

He could be ready as soon as next season, if he works hard this off-season and has a good training camp. As of now, we have an opening in Demitra and Wellwood's positions.

I think Kyle Wellwood will be back.

Training camp will probably decide that.

He will probably be signed, but it will be up to him to outplay both Cody and Schroeder.

If he wants around the same cash, I have a hard time seeing us not re-signing him. Puts up about a fair amount of points for his salary. I'm expecting Cody and Jordan to start off in Manitoba, but maybe one of them will make me eat crow on that. Just don't see Cody Hodgson being a 3rd line center while he could be getting top 6 minutes in Manitoba, but I didn't see Kyle Wellwood being a 3rd line center either. Never know, I guess.

If he wants around the same cash, I have a hard time seeing us not re-signing him. Puts up about a fair amount of points for his salary. I'm expecting Cody and Jordan to start off in Manitoba, but maybe one of them will make me eat crow on that. Just don't see Cody Hodgson being a 3rd line center while he could be getting top 6 minutes in Manitoba, but I didn't see Kyle Wellwood being a 3rd line center either. Never know, I guess.

what exactly is wrong with being the third line centre? this is the new NHL, the good teams have 3 lines that can score and having a young guy in that spot where he is not relied upon heavily to provide offense is the best possible situation for his development. both cody and jordan are certainly smart enough defensively to not look out of place playing in their own zone and not playing against the top d-men of the other teams can only make the transition easier into the league.

what exactly is wrong with being the third line centre? this is the new NHL, the good teams have 3 lines that can score and having a young guy in that spot where he is not relied upon heavily to provide offense is the best possible situation for his development. both cody and jordan are certainly smart enough defensively to not look out of place playing in their own zone and not playing against the top d-men of the other teams can only make the transition easier into the league.

What exactly is wrong for him spending a year in the AHL, playing top line minutes? :mellow: I never said that they weren't smart enough defensively. Management has already cut him twice, I guess third time is the charm. Although he had his back issues this year. If he plays like he did last year, or anymore near that, he will be Manitoba bound. Of course I would love it if he made the club and hope he does, but I wouldn't be upset if he went to Manitoba.

Now onto Jordan Schroeder, this will be his first full training camp with the Canucks. If he makes the club, great! If not? Oh well he can go to Manitoba not a big deal.

Schroeder will be brought in for the experience but he cannot play due to signing after the trade deadline.

5 players including cory schneider will be brought up for the remainder of the playoffs.

Actually he is here for the playoffs...as a spectator lol.... I was having lunch with a client in the Joeys on burrard, Schroeder was there as well having some lunch with I think Evan Oberg

you could probably make a pretty good argument that hodgson is a better puck mover and has better puck possesion too. maybe for shcroeder too and both are much better defensively. i'd love to, and think theres a pretty decent chance, see both of em on the third line next year

we'll see. i would be stoked to see that. i wouldn't say they are both better than Wellwood defensively though; everything is speculation until they actually outperform Wellwood at an NHL level (which I think is completely possible)

What exactly is wrong for him spending a year in the AHL, playing top line minutes? :mellow: I never said that they weren't smart enough defensively. Management has already cut him twice, I guess third time is the charm. Although he had his back issues this year. If he plays like he did last year, or anymore near that, he will be Manitoba bound. Of course I would love it if he made the club and hope he does, but I wouldn't be upset if he went to Manitoba.

Now onto Jordan Schroeder, this will be his first full training camp with the Canucks. If he makes the club, great! If not? Oh well he can go to Manitoba not a big deal.

12-15 min a night in the NHL are more valuable than 20-22 min in the AHL. im not saying he should be on the roster no matter what but i wouldn't want to see him sent down just because he would have to be the third line guy and not top 2 even though that's the role he will be in for the following year and the next few years.

What exactly is wrong for him spending a year in the AHL, playing top line minutes? mellow.gif I never said that they weren't smart enough defensively. Management has already cut him twice, I guess third time is the charm. Although he had his back issues this year. If he plays like he did last year, or anymore near that, he will be Manitoba bound. Of course I would love it if he made the club and hope he does, but I wouldn't be upset if he went to Manitoba.

I can't help but agree. A full year of pro hockey would be very beneficial to the development of both Hodgson and Schroeder. At their age and development levels, 20-22 mins a night in the AHL, playing all situations, would be better than 10-12 mins a night, coupled with occasional healthy scratches in the NHL.

I can't help but agree. A full year of pro hockey would be very beneficial to the development of both Hodgson and Schroeder. At their age and development levels, 20-22 mins a night in the AHL, playing all situations, would be better than 10-12 mins a night, coupled with occasional healthy scratches in the NHL.

+1

At Manitoba, Hodgson would get 1st line, 1st PP, PK and 4v4 minutes, Schroeder the same, but probably minus the PK.

If they played 3rd line with the Canucks, I doubt they'd get any other shifts unless Kesler / Burrows took a fighting penalty with Vancouver ending on the PP (instigator call), which lets face it, might happen once a season if we're lucky.

I say we develop Schroeder and Hodgson like Jiri Hudler.

CAREER REGULAR SEASON STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%

2003-2004 Grand Rapids Griffins-AHL 57 17 32 49 16 46 4 0 4 (age 19/20)

2003-2004 Czech Republic-WJC-A 7 2 3 5 6

2004-2005 Grand Rapids Griffins-AHL 52 12 22 34 1 10 4 0 2 (age 20/21)

2004-2005 HC Vsetin-CzRep 7 5 2 7 10

2005-2006 Red Wings 4 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3 0.0

2005-2006 Grand Rapids Griffins-AHL 76 36 61 97 5 56 11 1 7 (age 21/22)

CAREER PLAYOFF STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%

2002-2003 Ak Bars Kazan-Russia 1 0 0 00

2003-2004 Grand Rapids Griffins-AHL 4 1 5 6 -1 2 1 0 0 (age 19/20)

2005-2006 Grand Rapids Griffins-AHL 16 6 16 22 -1 20 3 0 2 (age 21/22)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470201

Until Hodgson/Schroeder show Hudler's 2005/2006 point per game stats at the AHL level they have yet to prove they are ready for full time NHL duty on an NHL Stanley Cup contender, imo. Enough with the rushing our prospects ala Raymond. I'd rather pay stop gap NHLers (hello Wellwood) to fill voids via free agency than ruining our prospects' confidence by bringing them up prematurely.

If we were a sh!t team like Chicago, Washington & Pittsburgh were a few years ago it would be a different story but we're not a sh!t team that's lacking offense. We were 2nd in the league in goals for...

I wouldn't mind having Hodgson play for the Moose. But give him the occasional call-up and see what happens, maybe he'll will his way onto the Nucks roster.

I guess where Hodgson plays next year depends on where Wellwood signs. because if Wellwood doesn't sign with the Canucks, then we'll need a third line centre whose name happens to be COdy Hodgson.

Archived