The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

We will re sign Welly and both Schroeder and Hodgson will be in Manitoba next year, unless injuries hit.

There's a top 9 wing slot up for grabs though, unless Gillis smokes some crack and resigns Demitra.

Hodgson maybe isn't as adaptable to the wing, but Schroeder certainly has experience there.

Schroeder - Wellwood - Grabner wouldn't be a bad 3rd line (providing Wellwood brings his playoff game to the regular season).....

Good luck to any team trying to keep up with them, wasn't Schroeder rated as the best skater in the '09 draft?

We will re sign Welly and both Schroeder and Hodgson will be in Manitoba next year, unless injuries hit.

I think the best thing for Jordan is to spend the whole year in the minors (even if injuries hit the Nucks.) He needs to be "de-programmed" and re-programmed a bit first so he gets some of the bad habits out of him that he learned at the Univ of Minnesota (lazy is the word I keep hearing.)

I think the best thing for Jordan is to spend the whole year in the minors (even if injuries hit the Nucks.) He needs to be "de-programmed" and re-programmed a bit first so he gets some of the bad habits out of him that he learned at the Univ of Minnesota (lazy is the word I keep hearing.)

Really? this is the first time i have ever heard the word lazy used in the same sentence as schroeder. hard working and committed seems to come up more often than not.

This is the first I heard of it. I heard nothing but good things, maybe he was lazy in school, as long as he's not lazy in hockey.

I wish we could bring in some of these prospects sooner instead of waiting and waiting for years for them to develop. I'm curious to see how players like Schroeder, Hodgson, Rodin, Rai, Walsky...etc.. could do given an entended opportunity to play on the team. The nucks could use some more speed in their line-up to match teams like Chicago. I bet Hodgson could have played this year despite his poor showing in the training camp. Give him a shot on the team for a while like Grabner and see how he does. Some may need more time but some players are different and can adapt more quickly.

First off, Schroeder has been referred to as having some lazy habits this year in MN, he developed some bad habits this year because of the lack of proper coaching, though he seems to have improved from that once he got to the moose, though he may still need a full season to break him of those habits in the long term. this season of him returning to the NCAA turned out to be pretty bad for his development in general, but hindsight is 20/20.

as for frustratedfan's opinions, Hodgson couldn't have played for the nucks for the majority of the year, since he was injured. Had he not been injured he might have made the team (most likely would have) but we will never know, so it's useless to speculate about it. Also, as for giving our younger players extended playtime on the team, Schroeder, Hodgson and Rodin, yes, Walsky and Rai? Not yet. Besides, who would you drop from the lineup to slot all these rookies in? When they earn their spot, they will get it.

I wish we could bring in some of these prospects sooner instead of waiting and waiting for years for them to develop. I'm curious to see how players like Schroeder, Hodgson, Rodin, Rai, Walsky...etc.. could do given an entended opportunity to play on the team. The nucks could use some more speed in their line-up to match teams like Chicago. I bet Hodgson could have played this year despite his poor showing in the training camp. Give him a shot on the team for a while like Grabner and see how he does. Some may need more time but some players are different and can adapt more quickly.

hodgson and schroeder will most likely play the whole preseason and should be the finals cuts unless they outplay wellwood/grabner to earn spots on the team. as for Rodin, he still hasn't played pro in north america even though he did play pro in sweden so that might hold him back a year from actually contending for a roster spot. Walsky might be heading to europe and Rai has yet to play a single pro game so i wouldn't expect him to be at the same level as schroeder or hodgson. as of now, if healthy hodgson and schroeder should have an intense competition among themselves to earn a spot, which could make for a very exciting pre-season. IMO hodgson gets at least 9 games at the beginning of the year to show his stuff in NHL.

I have a feeling that Schroeder could be the surprise at the Canucks 2010 training camp.....he'll probably impress more than Hodgson.It is starting to look like the Canucks are going to have a glut of young, small speedy forwards.

Even though Schroeder is short,he is stocky,which gives him a good shot.Years ago,everybody in the draft passed on a shorter player called Stan Smyl.We know the rest.

I have a feeling that Schroeder could be the surprise at the Canucks 2010 training camp.....he'll probably impress more than Hodgson.It is starting to look like the Canucks are going to have a glut of young, small speedy forwards.

Even though Schroeder is short,he is stocky,which gives him a good shot.Years ago,everybody in the draft passed on a shorter player called Stan Smyl.We know the rest.

Doubt it.

Hodgson was the best prospect last year at camp, and he did it with a busted back.

Now Imagine Hodgson had a 100% back. I will bet money that Hodgson will have a stronger camp then Schroeder.

Doubt it.

Hodgson was the best prospect last year at camp, and he did it with a busted back.

Now Imagine Hodgson had a 100% back. I will bet money that Hodgson will have a stronger camp then Schroeder.

Shirokov was actually our best prospect at last year camp. But regardless i agree, i think Hodgson is going to have a really strong camp this year. I also think Schroeder will have a strong one too, but i think he will be sent to the moose however.

I heard that Hodgson might not want to play for the Canucks...or Gillis does not like his attitude or something...or something along those lines...any truth to that?

Absolutely no truth to this. Gillis' post season comments reaffirmed his high hopes for Hodgson in that he said that many trade deadline deals did not happen because everyone wanted Cody and he didn't want to let him go.

Absolutely no truth to this. Gillis' post season comments reaffirmed his high hopes for Hodgson in that he said that many trade deadline deals did not happen because everyone wanted Cody and he didn't want to let him go.

You guys will never stop trying to hijack threads and make them all about Hodgson.

Gillis tried desperately to avoid Hodgson . He talked about the canucks prospects as a whole until a reporter finally had to ask specifically about Cody.

Even then, he says he has no idea if he can make the team, but he has high hopes for him. Like he does all our prospects. Its not something specific to Hodgson.

Its not like he has high hopes for the clown but nobody esle. He then went on to talk about Connaution and Sauve in great detail.

Gillis stated that to get a top 4 RENTAL he wasn't prepared to trade Hodgson. Now you tools are twisting that into EVERYONE wanted Hodgson .

Isn't it great to hide behind the internet and make up chit anytime you feel like it? You guys do this all the time.

ANYWAYS, can we get back to Jordan Schroeder now? The thread is supposed to be about him.

smile.gif

You guys will never stop trying to hijack threads and make them all about Hodgson.

Gillis tried desperately to avoid Hodgson . He talked about the canucks prospects as a whole until a reporter finally had to ask specifically about Cody.

Even then, he says he has no idea if he can make the team, but he has high hopes for him. Like he does all our prospects. Its not something specific to Hodgson.

Its not like he has high hopes for the clown but nobody esle. He then went on to talk about Connaution and Sauve in great detail.

Gillis stated that to get a top 4 RENTAL he wasn't prepared to trade Hodgson. Now you tools are twisting that into EVERYONE wanted Hodgson .

Isn't it great to hide behind the internet and make up chit anytime you feel like it? You guys do this all the time.

ANYWAYS, can we get back to Jordan Schroeder now? The thread is supposed to be about him.

smile.gif

How about you quit twisting everyone's words you're making it sound like you can read Gillis' mind, he has had to talk about Hodgson alot over his tenure here already and has made it clear that nothing is wrong with the relationship. If your going to just dissmiss that then you can't say "but he is crazy stoked on Connauton and Sauve" it just doesn't make sense because your obviously two facing the argument and only picking the parts you like out of what has transpired. Plus honestly like I said he has talked about Hodgson to no end before so him trying to showcase Connauton and Sauve is totally expected after their good seasons and most likely their graduation to the Moose.

Oh and that guy asked about Hodgson so someone, trying to be nice, gave him an answer quit making it sound like everyone but you is Hodgson's butt buddy. We are Canuck fans on this message board and arguably our biggest prospect is Hodgson he's been here the longest, highest pick of our prospects, and Gillis' 1st pick as GM so there is gonna be a lot of support for him...and apparently alot of resentment as you time and time again keep proving. You are one of the worst culprits for making up crap about the Hodgson situation too you barely know the 1st thing about it yet are always the 1st to spew off.

I agree this is Schroeder's thread and should be about him but he is gonna be playing with Hodgson soon so I suggest you quit making such a big deal about people bringing up or having high hopes for Hodgson. It will just be easier for everyone in the long run.

Archived