The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Just out of curiosity, is this kid locked up by Minni for a long time?

How many years are we to expect him to be there?

Perhaps him and Pat White might make some waves next year. Since White hasn't done well because he's a "freshman" or whatever bull we're saying this week. lol

Schroeder is a prime example as to why Pat White is most likely a bust.

But I suppose only time will tell.

Just out of curiosity, is this kid locked up by Minni for a long time?

How many years are we to expect him to be there?

Perhaps him and Pat White might make some waves next year. Since White hasn't done well because he's a "freshman" or whatever bull we're saying this week. lol

He will 99% to stay in the NCAA for another year because he can't join the training camp for the canucks without giving up his eligiblity of playing in the NCAA. He can't join the moose due to his age, so there is no point to risk him to join the training camp in this summer.

Even tho i think he is sort of NHL ready, it's not worth it to give up the NCAA right now just to test the water with the Canucks.

also, no, he does not make White look bad. In the top 50 scoring in the NCAA, Schroeder is the only freshman (he's at number 4). This kid is special, he's not even suppose to be draft that late. White on the other hand, is probably doing what most late 20th picks did in the past: developing. 

White doesn't fail as a 25th pick, not until he finishes college and show us what he got with either the moose or the nucks. It is just that Schroeder doesn't belong to the 20th+ draft

I'm so excited about what this team can look like in 5 years. Now if only we trade up and draft Elliot....

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Shroeder-Shirokov

Raymond-Hodgson-Grabner

Rypien-White-Hansen

Edler-Bieksa

Sauve-Ellington

O'Brien-Rahimi

Luongo

Schneider/*insert random backup

This has got to be the first time we've had so much talent in the system :D Hodgson...Shroeder...Shirokov...Grabner...Schneider

Just got home, pretty excited/surprised by the pick.

The biggest surprise among the upper-body strength measurements was University of Minnesota center Jordan Schroeder. Despite measuring in at 5-8.25 and 175 pounds, he did 17 repetitions of 150 pounds on the bench press, one fewer than the leaders -- Saginaw right wing Jordan Szwarz, Erie center Ryan O'Reilly and Swedish forward Carl Klingberg. Schroeder also generated 351 pounds on the push-strength measure, one pound less than leader Carter Ashton of the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

-

From the Combine

Good luck on your road to playing in the NHL Jordan

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is Jordan Schroeder on the same team Patrick White is? If so.. wow Pat White is behind in development..

why? one is a 25th pick project in a not so deep drafting pool. Another one is a supposingly top10-15th draft pick in a really deep pool. 

White was never projected to be a first liner, or a superstar. Schroeder on the other hand, is a potential 80-90 points first liner player. You can't compare White's development to Schroeder and say White sux.....because Schroeder is suppose to be better than white in almost any aspect.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is Jordan Schroeder on the same team Patrick White is? If so.. wow Pat White is behind in development..

07 was a weaker draft year. Had White been draft eligible and the same age as Schroeder (meaning he goes this year), he'd end up as a 2nd-3rd round pick, not a 1st rounder.

I just posted this in another thread, but figured I better drop the line here as well...

The thing people keep forgetting to notice is that Jordan should have been a senior in high school this past season. That means he was playing against college kids (who are bigger and older) and still put up top numbers.

You won't have to wait long to see him, I'm guessing he'll return to the Univ of MN this season and then leave for the NHL because he seems to want to advance to the next level ASAP. He left HS after his 9th grade year to play in the US development team, he graduated HS early so he could play college hockey sooner... give him one year and he's in the NHL lighting it up! Depending on who you sign in FA, the Nucks could become a sick team in a very short time now.

man that's going to suck as a Wild fan :P

Just got home, pretty excited/surprised by the pick.

-

From the Combine

Good luck on your road to playing in the NHL Jordan

Exactly. This is one of the reasons why I don't think his lack of size will be an issue. He is one strong guy.

He will 99% to stay in the NCAA for another year because he can't join the training camp for the canucks without giving up his eligiblity of playing in the NCAA. He can't join the moose due to his age, so there is no point to risk him to join the training camp in this summer.

Ummm. Wrong. Age has nothing to with playing in the AHL, at least when you're 18. Haven't you people learned this yet? I read that Everett owns his rights, and that would be the reason he can't play for the Moose. An agreement between the CHL(?) and AHL to keep talent from leaving too early. Wetcoaster will be able to tell you the rule.

A Jordan Schroeder sighting (updated)

Posted at 7:15 pm by Nick Patterson

The Silvertips are keeping a close eye on their own players at this year's NHL draft, which takes place tonight and tomorrow in Montreal. However, there's one other player worth keeping an eye on: Jordan Schroeder.

Schroeder, a late birthdate 1990, is a high-scoring center from the University of Minnesota who is expected to be a lottery pick tonight. He also happens to be on Everett's protected list.

And I was told today by Everett general manager Doug Soetaert, who is in Montreal for the draft, that he just had his first face-to-face meeting with Schroeder. It was nothing formal, more a greeting than anything else, so Everett fans shouldn't get their hopes up. However, both parties have now put faces to voices heard over the phone.

It's still a longshot for the Tips to end up with Schroeder. Even if Schroeder decides to sign immediately with the team that drafts him, there's a chance he'll be able to jump straight to the NHL as a 19-year-old. But if he's picked by the right team (from an Everett standpoint), signs and is deemed not quite ready for the NHL, Everett will be the destination. Having Craig Hartsburg in place as coach certainly doesn't hurt Everett's attractiveness to potential recruits, either. So who knows, maybe there's glimmer of hope for the Tips.

But there was a glimmer of hope with Kyle Okposo, too, and that never panned out. Nevertheless, it's still fun to speculate.

--- UPDATE, 7:15 p.m.

Schroeder just went 22nd overall to the Vancouver Canucks. I have no idea whether the Canucks are an organization that favors major junior or not. But I do know they'd have a heck of a shorter trip to see him playing in Everett than in Minnesota. ... [Read More]

http://www.heraldnet.com/section/BLOG12

Very very interesting, Schroeder to the Silvertips if he doens't make the canucks?

It would be incredibly unfair to say that White sucks.

Anyone in the 1st-3rd rounds, hypothetically speaking, would have been considered a top 10 pick in 2007. Can't compare a deep draft to a crap shoot draft.

Archived