The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Which American great would you compare him to? Modano?

due to size, the american he reminds me of is Neal Broten except stronger. I don't want to over rate him, nor under rate him either. I think a lot will depend on his first few years and how quickly he'll adapt to the faster and bigger NHL players.

How about we just temper the Hall of Famer comparisons for a decade or so and see how she goes, m'kay? Thanks.

He's a speedy, shifty, undersized but with underestimated strength, playmaking forward with a tremendously accurate wrist shot. Think Tomas Plekanic for now with the physical build of a Theo Fleury.

both of those are pretty fair comparisons to throw out there for now. he does have the skill set of Plekanec but hopefully a better attitude than him.

Good time to be a nucks fan, best pool of prospects we have had prolly ever..

Jordan looks like he will be a top 6 player in the nhl when its all said and done not bad for a 20th pick or whatever it was...

Still needs a year in the AHL though , needs to learn the pro game, he already has all the talent he needs to make the nhl.

The only bad thing is hes a midget by NHL standards but if you put him with a few bigger top 6 players i think he will be fine.

I think that when training camp kicks in..you've got Grabner,Raymond,Hodgson and Schroeder...all relatively the same flavour...somebody is going to be expendible..!!

Hodgson is a center though...

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson

Raymond - Kesler - Grabner

Schroeder - Hodgson - Burrows

works for me, Burrows on the third line adds a bit of toughness / grit and protection so Schroeder & Hodgson don't just become punch bags dressed in blue, green and white.

I know that's a bit harsh on Burrows, and maybe Samuelsson could play on the 3rd, but I don't like Burrows on the same line as Kesler other than on the PK, they go back to their old grinding ways instead of the attacking threats which they proved they are 09-10.

Hodgson is a center though...

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson

Raymond - Kesler - Grabner

Schroeder - Hodgson - Burrows

works for me, Burrows on the third line adds a bit of toughness / grit and protection so Schroeder & Hodgson don't just become punch bags dressed in blue, green and white.

I know that's a bit harsh on Burrows, and maybe Samuelsson could play on the 3rd, but I don't like Burrows on the same line as Kesler other than on the PK, they go back to their old grinding ways instead of the attacking threats which they proved they are 09-10.

you could eve swap sammy and burr at any time to change things up.

Doubt it.

Hodgson was the best prospect last year at camp, and he did it with a busted back.

Now Imagine Hodgson had a 100% back. I will bet money that Hodgson will have a stronger camp then Schroeder.

Come on. P-uh-lease!! Mario Bliznak was better than Hodgson at camp, Hodgson looked terrible. Any thoughts to the contrary is revisionist history!

Come on. P-uh-lease!! Mario Bliznak was better than Hodgson at camp, Hodgson looked terrible. Any thoughts to the contrary is revisionist history!

Hodgson was alright. He wasn't that terrible. Not great, but terrible, no.

Hodgson was not terrible at all, he didn't shine like people expected for him to and was kind of in the shadows which is perfectly fine for a rookie.

Schroeder actually reminds me of the old Joey Mullen. Both very small in size but had absolute offensive powers. Both went to play in the NCAA league, both represented team USA at a very young age.

No the guy is right he was terrible remember him being caught by Phaneuf? But the point is that he was right in the middle of that terrible back injury aswell thats why we don't put much weight into last preseason for Hodgson.

Psyched to see Jordan get to stay for preseason and getting to see our stockpile of youngsters compete for any availiable spots. I'm not really expecting either Hodgson or Schroeder to make the team, although it would be awesome, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them go through a whole AHL season and maybe they can form some chemistry and get to play together.

<br />No the guy is right he was terrible remember him being caught by Phaneuf?  But the point is that he was right in the middle of that terrible back injury aswell thats why we don't put much weight into last preseason for Hodgson.  <br /><br />Psyched to see Jordan get to stay for preseason and getting to see our stockpile of youngsters compete for any availiable spots.  I'm not really expecting either Hodgson or Schroeder to make the team, although it would be awesome, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them go through a whole AHL season and maybe they can form some chemistry and get to play together.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yep, he was terrible. He didn't look any better than Dan Gendur. As you said, he was injured, that HAD TO BE the reason he looked so bad.

I agree, an AHL season (or at least until they light it up down there) is what these two guys need. Pro hockey is an entirely different ballgame and neither one of these guys has gone through a long stretch of pro hockey yet.

Of course its revisionist history. This is CDC , where its all revisionist history depending on what they want to believe.

The guy was terrible. He was SLOW. However, this back excuse crap never lead to any 'permanent damage' supposedly and never required any surgery either.

How about the fact hes too slow? He is too slow to dominate the NHL, just like Kyle Wellwood is .

Shroeder is fast, skilled, played at the College level and now the AHL level and produced. Hes also younger than Hodgson.

More people need to start waking up to these basic facts.

Of course its revisionist history. This is CDC , where its all revisionist history depending on what they want to believe.

The guy was terrible. He was SLOW. However, this back excuse crap never lead to any 'permanent damage' supposedly and never required any surgery either.

How about the fact hes too slow? He is too slow to dominate the NHL, just like Kyle Wellwood is .

Shroeder is fast, skilled, played at the College level and now the AHL level and produced. Hes also younger than Hodgson.

More people need to start waking up to these basic facts.

He's only like eight months younger.... just saying.

<br />Of course its revisionist history. This is CDC , where its all revisionist history depending on what they want to believe. <br /><br />The guy was terrible. He was SLOW. However, this back excuse crap never lead to any 'permanent damage' supposedly and never required any surgery either. <br /><br />How about the fact hes too slow? He is too slow to dominate the NHL, just like Kyle Wellwood is . <br /><br /><br />Shroeder is fast, skilled,  played at the College level and now the AHL level and produced. Hes also younger than Hodgson. <br /><br />More people need to start waking up to these basic facts.<br />

Remember the Sedins first training camp? There were many questions regarding their skating. In fact, people said their skating was not at the NHL level and they were much too slow to ever be top line players. I guess Henrik didn't really dominate last year did he? ;)

Also, I think Hodgson's back problems last year really hampered his skating, his speed, and his overall production. Schroeder will be a great player, but I wouldn't write Hodgson off just yet. He's still the former CHL player of the year, he's still got amazing hockey sense, he's still got a solid shot, and he's really not that bad of a skater when healthy.

So, was skimming through stats on a boring day and noticed that Schroeder went from 9 points in 11 AHL regular season games to a point per game in the playoffs, 6 in 6. Most people probably already know this...

Very low amount of stats, but just a thought that he could be a playoff performer who reaches a higher level when it matters most! I believe his 3 goals were from a hat trick he got in one of the playoff games too.

Excited for both him and Hodgson! (BTW schroeder is listed as RW, so him and hodgson next season IS a possibility.

So, was skimming through stats on a boring day and noticed that Schroeder went from 9 points in 11 AHL regular season games to a point per game in the playoffs, 6 in 6. Most people probably already know this...

Very low amount of stats, but just a thought that he could be a playoff performer who reaches a higher level when it matters most! I believe his 3 goals were from a hat trick he got in one of the playoff games too.

Excited for both him and Hodgson! (BTW schroeder is listed as RW, so him and hodgson next season IS a possibility.

I think Schroeder will play on the wing for the Canucks long term, only playing center if we're desperate with injuries and what not, pretty much the exact opposite of Kesler who plays center unless a D.Sedin is down and he might step up on Hanks wing (like he did in November).

I think Schroeder will play on the wing for the Canucks long term, only playing center if we're desperate with injuries and what not, pretty much the exact opposite of Kesler who plays center unless a D.Sedin is down and he might step up on Hanks wing (like he did in November).

Yea that is exactly what I was thinking. He's got the versatility like that. :)

Archived