The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Hopefully Big Winger- Hodgson - Schroeder can be our third line.... Kinna like the Getzlaf, Corey Perry line that helped the ducks to their Stanley cup.

Oreskovich is a big winger who could develop into a high end power forward if he finds his hands again (which would be much easier to do playing with Hodgson and Schroeder). That was what he was touted as developing into when he was drafted. I actually really like that trade more and more now.

Samuelsson Kesler Schroeder. What a hell of a line and all right handed shooters to.

If both Hodgson & Schroeder make it.. AV Has so much line combination's it's not even funny.

Raymond - Kesler - Sammy/Schroeder

Schroeder - Hodgson - Sammmy/Raymond

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Sammy/Schroeder

Looking good with options.

Oreskovich is a big winger who could develop into a high end power forward if he finds his hands again (which would be much easier to do playing with Hodgson and Schroeder). That was what he was touted as developing into when he was drafted. I actually really like that trade more and more now.

True. He's only been back in hockey for the last 12 months after 24+ off. I could see him being maybe a 10 goal guy this year if give 3rd line minutes. Hopefully he surpasses expectations (which can't be too hard).

Raymond - Kesler - Sammy/Schroeder

Schroeder - Hodgson - Sammmy/Raymond

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Sammy/Schroeder

Looking good with options.

You;ve only got 8 players total there no matter the line combos. Still need someone else in the top 9, preferably with experience if we're playing 2 rookies next year.

You;ve only got 8 players total there no matter the line combos. Still need someone else in the top 9, preferably with experience if we're playing 2 rookies next year.

How about

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder

Hansen/ Oreskovich - Hodgson - Samuelsson

Rypien - UFA - Oreskovich / Hansen

?

How about

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

?

I think samuelsson has earned top 6 minutes, schroeder, if he makes the team, will probably play on the third line since our top 6 is basically locked with only raymond needing to be re-signed.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson

Schroeder - Hodgson - Oreskovich

Glass - Rypien - Hansen***

Not too sure whats going to happen with the fourth line, lets hope its bigger than this.

How about

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

?

Only way I do this is if Burrows is gonna be out for long after the start of the season. Put Sammy in Burr's spot.

here's the article from the link provided 2 posts above...

This is the easy part for Jordan Schroeder. In a development camp where the emphasis is on teaching systems and showcasing skill, the diminutive first-round Vancouver Canucks draft choice is in his element.

With ample flash and dash, he quickly acclimated to the professional ranks last spring. Nine points in 11 regular-season games with the Manitoba Moose — including scoring on his first shift in the first minute of his first outing — and six more points in a half-dozen AHL playoff games, proved that the transition from college was seamless after Schroeder signed an entry-level contract last March.

All this after eight points in seven world junior championship outings as the U.S. defeated Canada 6-5 in the tournament finale. Makes you wonder what he'll do when the development camp reverts to a 3-on-3 tourney Sunday at Rogers Arena. And it makes his nine-goal season at the University of Minnesota seem like ancient history.

"I'm going to be honest — I was a little surprised to have success in my first pro game and it just carried on from there," Schroeder said Wednesday. "To be able to step in there and produce will give me a big advantage going into training camp."

That will be the hard part for Schroeder.

Aside from the accolades the 5-foot-8½, 180-pound centre has already received for his quickness and playmaking ability, the Canucks have Hart Trophy winner Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler as their top two centres, with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra vying for the third-line role.

Schroeder can play the wing and had that role with the Moose on a line with Matt Pettinger and Yan Stastny before he was shifted back to the middle. That gave him more room and playmaking opportunities, but it came with added physical demands.

"There are pros and cons," said the Prior Lake, Minn., native, the 22nd pick in the 2009 entry draft whose stock dropped because of concerns over his size and statistics. "You're going to get the puck more, but you're going to be down deep in your own zone battling more and it can take a toll on your body. Not being the biggest guy, wing might suit me better."

Still, the NHL has become a young man's game and to a greater degree, a smaller man's game. Schroeder can point to Patrick Kane, Martin St. Louis and Brian Gionta as inspirational mighty-mites, but is realistic enough to realize that preparation has to meet opportunity.

In 2007, Mason Raymond cracked the roster as a speedy 21-year-old left-winger behind Markus Naslund and Daniel Sedin, and ahead of also-rans. Last fall winger Sergei Shirokov did the same as a 23-year-old, but couldn't play without the puck. Speed can get you to the NHL, but smarts can outweigh size.

"I don't think size matters that much," said Schroeder. "The puck is on the ice, you're not jumping for jump-balls out there.

"You obviously want to make the team and I've got to have that mindset and be confident going into camp. But at the same time, if things don't work out, keep working hard and you'll get your chance some day."

Scott Arniel coached Schroeder last season and was intrigued by his ability to combine dynamic speed with quickness out of the corners with the puck.

"Just like anybody else, there are puck battles and defensive-zone coverage that he has to work on, but he'll find his way," said Arniel, the former Moose bench boss and now head coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets. "He's driven. He might be best on wing with a left-shot centre who can get him the puck all the time.

"But can he be gritty and get to those tough areas to battle? That will be a big test for him."

Canucks GM Mike Gillis offered a mixed message when asked of where Schroeder fits next season. He'll obviously benefit from a full year in the AHL, but competition is good for any team at any camp.

"There's always room for players to make the team, no matter what the circumstances are," said Gillis. "It's quite a leap for any 19-year-old to crack an NHL roster.

"Maybe if you were at a different stage in the cycle of your team it would be easier. It might be a little difficult."

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Schroeder

Rodin-Hodgson-Sammy

Tambellini-Malhotra-Oreskivich

:D

Not quite yet but In two or three more years that would be an Incredibly sick lineup. Sammy will probably be gone though

Archived