The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

the only take i have for bothe Cody and Jordan is this.

they both have the same chance to make it up to the Big Leagues. but i doubt that they will crack the top 2 lines...Yet. all we can do is wait and see what kind of chemistry they can create.

Who knows, the way AV thinks. Either one of them can get a chance to play on the first or second line to "try something new" and if ti works...great...

In any case i can't wait for the season.

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson

Raymond Kesler Hansen

Schroeder Malhotra Hodgson

Bolduc Rypien Oreskovich

Ballard Hamhuis

Erhoff Edler

Salo Rome

O'Brien

and of Course Luongo

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows (Samuelsson if Burr is still out)

Raymond, Kesler, Schroeder (I can already tell the chemistry will be unreal)

Hodgson, Malhotra, Samuelsson (Hansen while Sammy is taking Burr's place)

Oreskovich, Bolduc/UFA/Rypien, Hansen (Glass/Rypien while Hansen takes Samuelsson's place)

Glass and/or Rypien

IT WILL WORK _hypnotoad__by_PoisonTouch.gif

I couldn't sleep last night so I made a Schroeder video. It's the first time I've tried setting music to a video so it's a little rough. I'm really excited to see what he can do at training camp.

Nice Vid! Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see him at Training Camp. His shot is sick!

I couldn't sleep last night so I made a Schroeder video. It's the first time I've tried setting music to a video so it's a little rough. I'm really excited to see what he can do at training camp.

Wow! Unreal skill on the guy. I love how he always has his head up and is aware of whats going on. I don't think size is going to be a big issue with him.

Nice Vid! Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see him at Training Camp. His shot is sick!

I'm glad you enjoyed my video!

I was more Impressed by his playmaking. I had to slow all his passes down to half speed; It was hard to make out if it was Schroeder making them at full speed. I thought people would be confused by all Stoa and Barriball goals otherwise. He is so good at seeing/anticipating the passing lane and getting these quick hard tape-to-tape passes off. My favourite is the play @ 1:53; He's standing below the goal-line and gets a pass, cross crease, to Barriball before the other team has a clue of what happened. His bread and butter in the NHL is definitely going to be his playmaking. I'm really looking forward to him feeding guys like the Sedins, Kesler and Raymond on the PP. I have a real good feeling he's going to make this team next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, both Jordan and Cody are Canuck prospects, and I want BOTH of them to succeed. But memories of Cody's play in the World Juniors is what makes me think he could really be special. I've still got 3 Canada games on my PVR and on occasion I watch parts of the games. I don't think people remember how dominant Hodgson was. Schroeder was good, no doubt, but Hodgson was quite clearly the best player on the ice when he was out there. And yes, when healthy, he is a damn fine skater. We're lucky to have both these kids.

Anybody else think offense won't be a problem for the Canucks anytime soon?

BLOG_20100308_1.jpg

Schroeder's going to be a star in the NHL soon. I see him getting some call-ups throughout this year and next. Then when Sammy's contract is up he'll slip into our top six and be able to perform right away.

Archived