The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Can't freakin' wait to see this kid make the team.

edit: I'm thinking Schroeder will more likely make the team because of chemistry (Ray, Kes, Schro), and because at camp, and if he gets games in while Burrows is out, he is going to go balls-to-the-wall trying to make this team. With the type of player Cody is, that's a little harder to do. Playmakers can't really go balls-to-the-wall...

Can't freakin' wait to see this kid make the team.

edit: I'm thinking Schroeder will more likely make the team because of chemistry (Ray, Kes, Schro), and because at camp, and if he gets games in while Burrows is out, he is going to go balls-to-the-wall trying to make this team. With the type of player Cody is, that's a little harder to do. Playmakers can't really go balls-to-the-wall...

Schroeder is more of a playmaker, but he has a great shot.

Hodgson is more of a sniper, but he can thread a needle.

Cody's got a better shot than Schroeder... he got an elite wrister and slapper. Let's face it, when healthy, Hodgson's got elite skills in every area except skating. Jordan Schroeder is a legit burner, but his other skills aren't quite up there with Hodgson's. Can't wait for camp and preseason to start. This is gonna be fun.

Cody's got a better shot than Schroeder... he got an elite wrister and slapper. Let's face it, when healthy, Hodgson's got elite skills in every area except skating. Jordan Schroeder is a legit burner, but his other skills aren't quite up there with Hodgson's. Can't wait for camp and preseason to start. This is gonna be fun.

Both have great vision which is great to hear. Both are smart playmakers with good shots. These two will find open players, we just need guys who can finish. Which is why it's a shame that Grabner is gone. He was the best shooting prospect we had.

<br />with hodgsons supposidly starting in the ahl schroeders chances just got a whole lot better to make the team<br />

Who said Hodgson is starting in the AHL? Man people jump to conclusions too quickly on this site.

Yes there has been SPECULATION that he will not be ready for pre-season. But until Gillis or AV comes out and says that, then thats all it is, speculation. There not even done evaluating him, how would they know whether he's ready or not?

Really? Jordan Schroeder out performed Hodgson in his stint in the Ahl. Schroeder is faster... and the kid has soft hands.

Jordan is just as impressive.

Really? Jordan Schroeder out performed Hodgson in his stint in the Ahl. Schroeder is faster... and the kid has soft hands.

Can't really compare their AHL seasons. Hodgson joined a very good Moose team in the middle of a cup run, Schroeder's team wasn't as talented and he saw regular season time. Hodgson played a lot more hockey than Schroeder had at that point in the year, ect. I don't want to get into forming an opinion on who all the differences benefit, I just want to say that there area so many differences with such a small sample size, it is too difficult to compare them.

What I find funny is that people are willing to write off Hodgson because we have Schroeder/Rodin/etc. For a franchise that has probably never had two or three high-ceiling players in quick succession (or atleast not since Bure/Linden), alot of 'fans' wouldn't mind if Hodgson doesn't play for the Canucks. Just seems odd to me.

What games have you been watching. J. Schroeder so far in the tournament is playing like he wants to stay with the Moose, done not much of anything. Prab has played better than him.

What games have you been watching. J. Schroeder so far in the tournament is playing like he wants to stay with the Moose, done not much of anything. Prab has played better than him.

that was before the tourny and he played good on the first game, not grade but good.

second game he was just average in the first 2 periods but great in the third

that was before the tourny and he played good on the first game, not grade but good.

second game he was just average in the first 2 periods but great in the third

Based on the first two games, Schroeder will be in Manitoba this year, which is undoubtably where he belongs. He shows promise, but he is in no way dominant in this tournament.

Based on the first two games, Schroeder will be in Manitoba this year, which is undoubtably where he belongs. He shows promise, but he is in no way dominant in this tournament.

Yep, gotta agree with you there. Granted I only caught the first half of the last game, Schroeder looked no where near being dominant. In fact, I think I only heard his name mentioned once. Lets be honest here people, if the greatest hockey organization in the world (Detroit), makes it mandatory for ALL of their prospects to play at least 1 year in the AHL or another mens league, maybe there is something to that?

Let both Schroeder and Hodgson get acclimated to a mens game while ripping it up on the Moose. Being point per game in the AHL and leading a deep playoff push will do wonders for their confidence.

MG didn't go ahead and get guys like Malhotra and Torres for no reason...

<br />Based on the first two games, Schroeder will be in Manitoba this year, which is undoubtably where he belongs.  He shows promise, but he is in no way dominant in this tournament.<br />

Schroeder is more of a set up man, so he can only play at the level of his linemates; which in my opinion was not very good.

Sweatt has a ton of speed and seems to work hard, but his positioning was pretty poor. Schroeder would look for passes to him, but he was often not open. It's probably just a case of these guys not playing for so long though.

Lets wait until Schroeder plays with NHL calibre players like Kesler or Raymond before we make conclusions about where he'll be playing.

Bottom 6 are shaping up to look like

Torres Malhotra Hansen

Hordi/Rypien Perreault Glass Oreskivich etc

They have to beat out these guys plus veterens like Bolduc, Bliznak etc to play roles they might not be suited for at this time.

There MIGHT be a spot available on the top 6 with Burrows out. Will be interesting how they fill that role.

I don't see either Hodgson or Shroeder making the team to start the year. What happens as the season wears on is anybodies guess.

Archived