The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

He should drop, and switch to the whl.

I don't get why his dad sternly wants him to get an education for another year...

You can get an education anytime, what you can't get is a chance to play in the best league in the world. Schroeder for your sake and our sake please get out of college play in Everett so we can watch you closely :)

He should drop, and switch to the whl.

I don't get why his dad sternly wants him to get an education for another year...

You can get an education anytime, what you can't get is a chance to play in the best league in the world. Schroeder for your sake and our sake please get out of college play in Everett so we can watch you closely :)

Shut out 3 out of 4 games. Good job Gophers good job.

Schroeder should have listened to Gillis. Told him to join the Tips. Gillis probably evaluated the Gophers along with our college scouts and projected that, the team is probably going to be a weaker team in the WCHA this year. Lets hope the season can turn around, if not it's one year of wasted development for him.

Schroeder should have listened to Gillis. Told him to join the Tips. Gillis probably evaluated the Gophers along with our college scouts and projected that, the team is probably going to be a weaker team in the WCHA this year. Lets hope the season can turn around, if not it's one year of wasted development for him.

Source? Proof?

There was *never* any talk that I saw of Gillis telling Schroeder to join Everett.

I hope you have an article to back this up.

Otherwise, its just a case of "hindsight is 20/20".

Source? Proof?

There was *never* any talk that I saw of Gillis telling Schroeder to join Everett.

I hope you have an article to back this up.

Otherwise, its just a case of "hindsight is 20/20".

Gillis didn't publicly mention that Schroeder should leave college, but I believe it was a solid option to better Jordan's development.

Not basing my opinion on the Gopher's 0-4 start, or the fact that JS has no points in 4 games, but I would have much rather seen him take the path that Connauton is taking and leave the collegiate level for a more aggressive, in your face, rough tough game that is played in the WHL. It would give him a better taste, especially at his size, of what he is going to have to do to compete against bigger boys that can rattle your cage a lot better than can be done in college....but I for one am not a fan at all of the college ranks or development level for men's hockey.

Gillis didn't publicly mention that Schroeder should leave college, but I believe it was a solid option to better Jordan's development.

So if Gillis didn't say it publicly, then why would you come out and say that Gillis told him to join Everett?

How could you possibly know that, even if it was true, if Gillis didn't say it publicly?

Your posts will now be viewed with derision and scorn as you are now a known liar.

See what one dumb post will get you.

What you "believe" is now worth less that what I just scraped off the bottom of my shoe.

So if Gillis didn't say it publicly, then why would you come out and say that Gillis told him to join Everett?

How could you possibly know that, even if it was true, if Gillis didn't say it publicly?

Your posts will now be viewed with derision and scorn as you are now a known liar.

What you "believe" is now worth less that what I just scraped off the bottom of my shoe.

Calm down dude... I red it in the newspaper during the summer. There were rumors during the summer that he might join Everett, they said Gillis wanted him to join Everett but his agent said it was not an option. End of story. Hindsight or not, I was never a fan of college hockey anyways.

HOLY SH!T BUDDY!...take some of your imaginary girlfriend's midol, good god almighty!

I merely wanted to point out what I didn't like about college hockey development for prospects, then you take an injection in the a$$ and turn into Mike Milbury on steroids.

Clueless fans all over. That's all it is.

Anyone who actually follows the Gophers knew 100% that Schroeder will have problems without Ryan Stoa. Does anyone even know why he is in college instead of the CHL? It's cause he has to work on his strength. He plays with men in college. He plays with boys in the CHL/WHL/OHL.

I've said it along throughout this topic, right about when Stoa left college.

Clueless fans all over. That's all it is.

Anyone who actually follows the Gophers knew 100% that Schroeder will have problems without Ryan Stoa. Does anyone even know why he is in college instead of the CHL? It's cause he has to work on his strength. He plays with men in college. He plays with boys in the CHL/WHL/OHL.

I've said it along throughout this topic, right about when Stoa left college.

Schroeder finished tops in all of the strength tests in the prospects combine, so he I would say he's in pretty good shape in that department.

Rey, you weren't actually paying to watch the Gophers last year were you? Unless you're from Port Coquitlam, but living over there?

I'm not bothered about the start he's having. He's obviously very talented, and is a more of a playmaker than anything else. If the other guys on the line aren't up to scratch, he is going to find it difficult. Might mean he has to use that shot of his more, which is probably a good thing.

Schroeder finished tops in all of the strength tests in the prospects combine, so he I would say he's in pretty good shape in that department.

That means absolutely nothing when your 5'8. Plus, It's a "Prospects" Combine for a reason.

Please use "Logic" before posting. DeNiro, you have history of not using any sort of common sense.

HOLY SH!T BUDDY!...take some of your imaginary girlfriend's midol, good god almighty!

I merely wanted to point out what I didn't like about college hockey development for prospects, then you take an injection in the a$$ and turn into Mike Milbury on steroids.

No. You went out and made a wild a$$ claim that Gillis asked Schroeder to quit college and play for Everett, when in reality, you were projecting your own beliefs and making it sound like Gillis was backing you up with stuff he *never* said.

I simply called you out for lying. You lied, therefore you are a liar and shall be treated as such.

You can certainly have an opinion on college hockey development, but that's not the argument here.

You made the claim that Gillis said something that he *never* said and were unable to back that up with facts. That sir, is lying.

I had no problem with your opinion, but I do have a problem with blatant falsehoods used to back up your opinion.

I called you on your bull$crap and now you're getting pissed at me for doing so. Take your beating like a man and either STFU or apologize for lying.

That means absolutely nothing when your 5'8. Plus, It's a "Prospects" Combine for a reason.

Please use "Logic" before posting. DeNiro, you have history of not using any sort of common sense.

And you have the history of being an arrogant ignorant prick, but that's okay.

How does being strong mean any less if you're 5'8? Talk about using poor logic...And if he's stronger than the majority of the best "prospects", then that means he's

developing well physically. These "prospects" are also going to be some of players that he'll play against in the future, so comparing him to them is a good measuring

stick, whether you believe it or not.

And you have the history of being an arrogant ignorant prick, but that's okay.

How does being strong mean any less if you're 5'8? Talk about using poor logic...And if he's stronger than the majority of the best "prospects", then that means he's

developing well physically. These "prospects" are also going to be some of players that he'll play against in the future, so comparing him to them is a good measuring

stick, whether you believe it or not.

It's not my fault i seem like an arrogant prick. It's not my fault that you have the intelligences of a mole rat.

According to your logic. Being tops in a "Prospects" Combine means that the player has developed enough that he doesn't have to work on his strength.....

That makes absolutely no sense.

We are talking about the NHL here, not some junior or minor league level hockey. Most prospects/players don't fill up until there in their 20s.

Do yourself a favor and do some research since common sense doesn't apply to you. That means, you have to work extra harder.

Archived