The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder had thoughts about turning Pro this season, I'd wager a lot of money that he turns Pro this off-season.

We get it, education is good, that's why I'm finishing up my degree this semester. But it's not like he has a 4 year plan anyway, I could maybe see him doing 3 years, but I'd be absolutely shocked if we see him dress up for the Gophers as a Senior. So like I said, leaving after 1.5 years doesn't change a whole lot when he likely wouldn't be at UofM to finish his degree anyway.

Kevin Connaution left WMU for the Giants, should we all be criticizing him for his decision?

Kevin Cannauton left after the season ended. Some fans are suggesting he just leave Minnesota right now, which I don't agree with. It would actually make him look bad just by abandoning the team not even halfway through the season. He is also the captain of the Gophers.

Also Connauton's decision to leave had to do with Giants owning his rights and being drafted by Vancouver. Schroeder The Shredder will play this season out, and hopefully go pro next year, or join Everett.

Kevin Cannauton left after the season ended. Some fans are suggesting he just leave Minnesota right now, which I don't agree with. It would actually make him look bad just by abandoning the team not even halfway through the season. He is also the captain of the Gophers.

Also Connauton's decision to leave had to do with Giants owning his rights and being drafted by Vancouver. Schroeder The Shredder will play this season out, and hopefully go pro next year, or join Everett.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Although I doubt he goes to Everett next season, he'll be turning 20 early next and the AHL would make more sense. For him it's not about talent and skill, it's size and strength. So going to Junior where he will be against "kids" won't help. That's one of the advantages of the NCAA, where most players are 21-24 years old.

My post was about the few who are criticizing those of us who think UofM might not be the best for Schroeder's development at the moment. But the fact is, unless he does do the full 4 (which I said before, I doubt) leaving early is leaving early, because he won't get his degree regardless.

Whereas a player like White, who I do think San Jose will sign, should still do the 4 years. (for a few reasons)

Even if he became a career AHLer, he would make way more money than he ever would in another career. Sorry but if I had the potential to play in the NHL and make millions of dollars playing a sport I love, I would do everything I could to make that a reality. Including going against my parents advice...I dont think that sounds that insane, it actually sounds pretty rational to me.

Now if he doesn't have the passion to actually play in the NHL, thats one thing, but I dont think thats true.

His dad probably convinced him to stay another year in Minnesota, like Gnickers said I wouldn't be surprised if he turns pro this summer.

They would be a fun line to watch

Like a preview of coming attractions for next year (preseason at least). I really hope that even if Schroeder finishes his season with the Gophers that he jumps onto the moose as soon as they are done (or as soon as his semester is finished). That would guarantee that he doesn't return to minnesota next year.

Like a preview of coming attractions for next year (preseason at least). I really hope that even if Schroeder finishes his season with the Gophers that he jumps onto the moose as soon as they are done (or as soon as his semester is finished). That would guarantee that he doesn't return to minnesota next year.

Can't NCAA players sign an ATO and still return to the NCAA?

Taylor Matson scored though! (as did White)

Oh yeah baby..Patty is really ripping it up again. At his current pace he should have as many points as Schroeder had in his freshman year sometime in year 4. Almost 21 and getting 1/2 a point a game,,,what was Gillis thinking trading our future away,I mean how many studs have managed to score 34 points in only 97 games, must be 1 NHL forward who scored less than 40 points in 100 college games that made any impact at all. They were very close when they called him a "project", I beliebe "reject" would be more applicable. He is a complete bust. Yes there is a .0000000000000000000000000000000001% he could be the next Alex Burrows(at least Burrows showed some potential when he had 70 points in 64 games his final year of JR in the Q), but the chances of White making the NHL are very slim indeed.

Archived