The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

LOL NICE GILLIS! TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Yep. Two straight drafts Gillis has snagged guys who shouldnt have been avail when it became his turn. I wonder if GMs are able to be LUCKY at drafts. If there is such a stigma. Whatever it is, Gillis also had the smarts to take ADVANTAGE of it and draft them.

Are you serious?

Add 4 inches to the kid and he is a guaranteed top 5 pick, and height isn't really a problem nowadays.

Add 4 inches to Schroeder and he goes 4th overall before Evander Kane. If the 4 inches makes him faster, he then goes 3rd overal to colorado.

Yep. Two straight drafts Gillis has snagged guys who shouldnt have been avail when it became his turn. I wonder if GMs are able to be LUCKY at drafts. If there is such a stigma. Whatever it is, Gillis also had the smarts to take ADVANTAGE of it and draft them.

Add 4 inches to Schroeder and he goes 4th overall before Evander Kane. If the 4 inches makes him faster, he then goes 3rd overal to colorado.

Combine had him rated as a better skater than Duchene the speed part of that post is false.

Awsome pick, great talent, needs to be insulated with guys who can handle the physical workload.

Whoops a crack in the floor!

There's goes Schroeder.

And some people were bitching about the prospect of drafting a little "runt" like Ellis...... this guy is 2 inches shorter!

Anyways, I'm not that upset really, I hope he puts on a few inches, but overall a pretty good pick. Again, one of the smartest players in the draft.

The difference being playing defence compared to forward.

As much as I wanted Stefan Elliott, I will gladly take Jordan.

I would have taken the local d-man too, but Schroeder could be good too. I'm generally not a supporter of college players, and I wasn't overly impressed with his world juniors. However, he was ranked much higher than 22.

I would have taken the local d-man too, but Schroeder could be good too. I'm generally not a supporter of college players, and I wasn't overly impressed with his world juniors. However, he was ranked much higher than 22.

Like how Mike said, He wasn't expecting Jordan to be available so they hopped all over him when they had the chance. Maybe we can get a draft pick tomorrow by trade and pick up Elliott. I'm pretty sure we don't have this years 2nd round pick since it when to Buffalo.

how in hell did we get this guy?.............................

IM SO HAPPY WE GOT HIM, HE IS A STEAL AT 22nd PICK!!!!!!! :D :D :D

i hope we can still get Elliot or Ferarro ! MG is a GENUIS! Hodgson at 10th overall now Shroeder at 22nd! WOW

Like how Mike said, He wasn't expecting Jordan to be available so they hopped all over him when they had the chance. Maybe we can get a draft pick tomorrow by trade and pick up Elliott. I'm pretty sure we don't have this years 2nd round pick since it when to Buffalo.

We do have a 2nd round pick

the 53rd overall pick, is it?

Archived