The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I just got done talking to one of my sources...

IT'S A DONE DEAL!

This "waiting a few days" is him and his agent going over the contract before signing it. So by this time next week, he should be playing/practicing with the Moose

IT'S A DONE DEAL!

This "waiting a few days" is him and his agent going over the contract before signing it. So by this time next week, he should be playing/practicing with the Moose

Hopefully something is announced before the end of the week.

IT'S A DONE DEAL!

wow, you must have the same sources as... well the entire board.

Farhan Devji's twitter is great, eh?

i'd rather pinch an eklund in it's bud before it is able to set root and take over.

Devji had already broken the story so Zamboni's news isn't really news. However, I don't think I'd lump zamboni in with Eklund. He has probably been the most informative poster in this thread in regards to how Schroeder is doing in Minnesota. From the sounds of it he lives in Minn and is a Gopher fan so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he knows someone close to the team or close to Schroeder.

Devji had already broken the story so Zamboni's news isn't really news. However, I don't think I'd lump zamboni in with Eklund. He has probably been the most informative poster in this thread in regards to how Schroeder is doing in Minnesota. From the sounds of it he lives in Minn and is a Gopher fan so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he knows someone close to the team or close to Schroeder.

22joke.jpg

You just killed the joke... murderer.

I like to see some good quality players play with Schroeder and see what could happen. Schroeder needs good players to play along with him in order for him to produce. Since Ryan Stoa left, Schroeder has kind of struggled this year no question but not significantly.

wow, you must have the same sources as... well the entire board.

Farhan Devji's twitter is great, eh?

ever get that feeling that you have HUGE news... and then when you tell everyone you wonder why people are looking at you like... "yeah and?"

Now that I am home from work (I was running out the door when I made my post) and had a chance to catch up on some of the other posts on previous pages... yeah... that's what I'm feeling. I'd probably get a bigger reaction if I said...

"I just got off the phone with a league insider... HUGE news... I mean we are talking the biggest news in NHL history... Wayne Gretzky is being traded to the LA Kings from the Oilers!"

But on a side note... I can at least take some comfort knowing that I broke it first (look back several pages... early this month is when I first said I had heard he was leaving after this season.)

yep... born and raised here in Minnesota (although I did live in Wisconsin for 2 years.) I've been following Jordan since I first saw him as an 8th grader making 18 year olds look like fools. My sources are not associated with Jordan or the Gophers (which is why my first post about it I said "not sure how much water it holds...") But they do have connections into many teams from the NHL, to Canadian Jr leagues, NCAA and american high school.

would him reporting to the moose take a year off his contract just the same as him reporting to the Canucks? I don't really know and have been curious since it seemed that Schroeder might turn pro.

would him reporting to the moose take a year off his contract just the same as him reporting to the Canucks? I don't really know and have been curious since it seemed that Schroeder might turn pro.

no, only reporting to the canucks will burn a year of the contract (and only if he plays 9 games) but there is very little possibility that he reports to the canucks.

ever get that feeling that you have HUGE news... and then when you tell everyone you wonder why people are looking at you like... "yeah and?"

Now that I am home from work (I was running out the door when I made my post) and had a chance to catch up on some of the other posts on previous pages... yeah... that's what I'm feeling. I'd probably get a bigger reaction if I said...

"I just got off the phone with a league insider... HUGE news... I mean we are talking the biggest news in NHL history... Wayne Gretzky is being traded to the LA Kings from the Oilers!"

But on a side note... I can at least take some comfort knowing that I broke it first (look back several pages... early this month is when I first said I had heard he was leaving after this season.)

well, it was a joke, so yeah. As to the breaking of the "news", numerous people speculated he'd be leaving at the end of the season, very few actually expected him to stay, and this was at the beginning of the season. I'm not saying you don't have "connections" but it's not exactly the most earth shattering news when it's expected by nearly everyone.

no, only reporting to the canucks will burn a year of the contract (and only if he plays 9 games) but there is very little possibility that he reports to the canucks.

Indeed. My understanding is that he signs a contract with the Canucks, and then an ATO with the Moose. So, he is playing off the ATO, not his professional contract. That is why the contract year is not used.

Indeed. My understanding is that he signs a contract with the Canucks, and then an ATO with the Moose. So, he is playing off the ATO, not his professional contract. That is why the contract year is not used.

no, he signs with the Canucks and then gets assigned to the moose. It covered in Section 9.1©(i) of the CBA.

9.1© (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old

player signs a Player Contract with a Club but does not play at

least 10 NHL games (regular season and/or playoffs) in the first

season under that player's Player Contract, the term of his

Player Contract and his number of years in the Entry Level System

shall be extended for a period of one year, except that this

automatic extension will not apply to a player who is age 19

according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between

September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs

a Player Contract.

Archived