3141 replies to this topic

#1471 spooner

spooner

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

Notice hos this was a Cody Hodgson thread. No one's even talking about this guy any more.

What?

I think it's because he started thinking for himself and acting like a baby. Now he's on the out side looking in while these other keener prospects wiggle their way in.

Wow. Where do you get the impression that he's acted like a baby? Was it that he refused to say anything negative about the Canucks in the media even after AV publicly questioned his integrity? Was it that he did the mature thing and rested as long as possible, even giving up his spot on Team Canada for the World Jrs, so that he could give his back the best chance of healing properly? How about when he kept playing for Brampton with a broken bone in his foot until they clinched a playoff spot? Is that what makes him a "baby"?

Edited by spooner, 10 June 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#1472 filthycanuck

filthycanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

What?

Wow. Where do you get the impression that he's acted like a baby? Was it that he refused to say anything negative about the Canucks in the media even after AV publicly questioned his integrity? Was it that he did the mature thing and rested as long as possible, even giving up his spot on Team Canada for the World Jrs, so that he could give his back the best chance of healing properly? How about when he kept playing for Brampton with a broken bone in his foot until they clinched a playoff spot? Is that what makes him a "baby"?

Brampton had no business being in the playoffs, Cody singlehandedly brought them there

#1473 Andy10Bernard

Andy10Bernard

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

Whats with bad mouthing cody hodgson on the jordan schroeder thread? (other than the last 2 posts)

They are both great prospects and can bring two different types of games to the table for the canucks in which they can use together possibly on the third line next season.

Some are saying they might need a year in the AHL, but I hope they make the push in training camp.
Posted Image
cred ballard_4

"I have been known for chirping and I haven't chirped at all this year."
Ryan Kesler - Sign of maturity

#1474 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

He can play where ever, he's still too small. Notice hos this was a Cody Hodgson thread. No one's even talking about this guy any more. I think it's because he started thinking for himself and acting like a baby. Now he's on the out side looking in while these other keener prospects wiggle their way in.

Schroeder needs to gain some weight. Grabner has beefed up over the last two years. Hansen like you say, gives me this weird feeling. A feeling of the guy that can't nor will ever finish.

obvious troll is obvious
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#1475 420Fish

420Fish

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

I've got this strange feeling Jordan Schroeder will play on the right side of Kesler sometime during preseason and the results will be outstanding.
Posted Image

#1476 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

I've got this strange feeling Jordan Schroeder will play on the right side of Kesler sometime during preseason and the results will be outstanding.

I share the sentiment.

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#1477 Honeydew

Honeydew

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:03 AM

Kesler passes to Schroeder
Schroeder nifty move! Dekes scores!!!!!!
Posted Image

#1478 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

One look at this post and I find it hard to disagree.

#1479 canuckslife

canuckslife

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

I feel as if Hodgson may win a spot on the team next year simply because of pressure on Gillis and the management to have prospects push the team and fill needs over Schroeder, even though I feel that Schroeder will have a better camp and will be more deserving. I feel this way because I think management may be under fire for the way Hodgson has been percieved in the media lately and the many whispers and "controversies" that seem to exist around him.

Second the comment of Schroeder looking good on Keslers wing. I am hoping that Hodgson can prove me wrong and actually earn a spot and not be satisfied by it being handed to him on a silver platter.

Edit - spelling.

Edited by canuckslife, 27 June 2010 - 02:16 AM.

#1480 filthycanuck

filthycanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

I feel as if Hodgson may win a spot on the team next year simply because of pressure on Gillis and the management to have prospects push the team and fill needs over Schroeder, even though I feel that Schroeder will have a better camp and will be more deserving. I feel this way because I think management may be under fire for the way Hodgson has been percieved in the media lately and the many whispers and "controversies" that seem to exist around him.

Second the comment of Schroeder looking good on Keslers wing. I am hoping that Hodgson can prove me wrong and actually earn a spot and not be satisfied by it being handed to him on a silver platter.

Edit - spelling.

Assuming no forward moves are made in UFA...Jordan and Cody's chances of making the team at the same time might have been bumped up a bit after the Alex Burrows injury. Keep in mind Demitra suffered the same one and came back January. Im not sure the severity of it but i can see Burrows missing at least the first month and a half of the year as management won't rush Burr into a difficult decision. Scoring aside, we need Burr 100% for the defensive side as well

#1481 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

Yep. I've had the same vision of Schroeder and Kesler just tearing sh*t up.

#1482 Kanye West

Kanye West

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

Samuelsson Kesler Schroeder. What a hell of a line and all right handed shooters to.

If both Hodgson & Schroeder make it.. AV Has so much line combination's it's not even funny.

Posted Image

Sig: Intoewsables

#1483 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

okay so this may be dumb question but is Schroeder naturally a winger or a center? because I've seen him listed as both

Posted Image

credit VC

#1484 djlegere

djlegere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

He is a natural Center but can also play the wing. I think it will be tough for him to play center in the NHL, so expect to see him on the wing.
Posted Image

Mr. Wiggles, on 23 June 2010 - 01:55 PM, said:
Leafs will make the playoffs, quote me.

#1485 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

I see him putting up a 25 goal 70 point season with the Moose, winning Rookie of the Year.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1486 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

He is a natural Center but can also play the wing. I think it will be tough for him to play center in the NHL, so expect to see him on the wing.

thanks. I think he should play the wing too the canucks already have so much depth at center, he'd be a better fit on the wing

Posted Image

credit VC

#1487 whysoserious

whysoserious

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image

#1488 kassasin#9

kassasin#9

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YuStTwQNeI&feature=related

He already has the best cellys on the team Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to Kesler's Happy Dance!

#1489 Andy10Bernard

Andy10Bernard

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

I can see him making the team next season. what do you guys think? he definately has the talent and starting on the third line would for sure take the pressure off and help him to get a feel for the game at the pro level.
Posted Image
cred ballard_4

#1490 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

I can see him making the team next season. what do you guys think? he definately has the talent and starting on the third line would for sure take the pressure off and help him to get a feel for the game at the pro level.

Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder would be a crazy fast line.

#1491 Honeydew

Honeydew

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

Speed Kills
Posted Image

#1492 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

If Jordan and Cody both play well in training camp i think they both make it now.

#1493 Andy10Bernard

Andy10Bernard

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

I think with grabner and bernier gone it leaves us wide open to give hodgson and schroeder more of a chance to make the team, especially since they have more potential to be more than just third liners.
Posted Image
cred ballard_4

#1494 gnarbot

gnarbot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

i'd love to see

raymond-kelser-shroeder
ladd(example)-hodgson-sammy

#1495 Scruff

Scruff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

i'd love to see

raymond-kelser-shroeder
ladd(example)-hodgson-sammy

The speed on that second line would be immense, and I like the idea of Ladd and Samuelsson / Burrows being able to bang and hit a bit to offer a bit of protection to Hodgson.
Posted Image

#1496 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

I can't wait to see a Raymond, Kesler, Schroeder line.

Samuelsson and Hodgson would look good together. There's tonnes of options as to who the 3rd player on that line would be.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#1497 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

Say hypothetically if HOdgson, Schroeder and Schneider make it onto the Nucks roster and play the full season...who becomes our new number one prospect? Shirokov, Rodin, Connauton, or Sauve?

2moy3iq.png

#1498 monsterdash

monsterdash

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

Say hypothetically if HOdgson, Schroeder and Schneider make it onto the Nucks roster and play the full season...who becomes our new number one prospect? Shirokov, Rodin, Connauton, or Sauve?

Hypothetically hodgson, schroeder and shirokov could all make the team

in that case I would say Connauton or Rodin would become top prospect.

We still don't know if we're re-signing Glass, Bliznak or any UFAs for the 3rd line.

#1499 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

Sauve and Connauton would remain our top defensive prospects, Rodin and Shirokov would become the top forward prospects

#1500 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Rodin would be our main man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.