The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

He was ranked the 5th best North American skater during the draft! How he feel to us I have no clue :D

Minne took Leddy and... well that :P Minnesota was idiotic in taking leddy over Schroeder, and now they have neither. The rest of the teams passed because of concerns about his height, which were obviously unfounded.

You can see the highlights HERE.

Other than scoring two goals, he did not look out of place at all. He led the rush a few times and almost got out on a stretch pass that I saw, but the pass did not reach him. He was playing wing, so it was also good to see that he does not look out of place when he is not playing center. He definitely added a lot to the 2nd tier of the power play setting up on the left side of the opposition's zone. Once he gets more used to the pace I think he will be able to utilize his speed more than what we saw today. This game was also very scrambly which might of effected his style of play.

That is what I got out his first game. An awesome start to his pro career to say the least!

Thanks for that

really glad the Moose have him playing wing!

With Kesler, Sedin and Hodgson or Wellwood it doesn't look like there is much room for a top 9 centre

Schroeder only had 13:11 minutes of icetime (Perhaps due to the numerous penalties being called). 2 goals in that span? Pretty darn impressive.

Anybody get to watch the game?

Pumped that Jordan got 2 goal in his opener!...but wanted to see how he looked on the ice otherwise.

He looked impressive in the ice-time he got. He had a smile the whole time.. he seemed to be pumped and got better as the game progressed. The thing that really stood out was his puck possesion skills. Remember this was one of the most physical games the Moose had this season... (Part of it being the last game against the griffins.. tons of fights and hitting). One thing was certain, he did not shy away from the physical aspect... he would go to the dirty areas (See second goal, he could have been nailed). He had 4 shots (2 goals 50%). Overall a very impressive debut.

Schroeder only had 13:11 minutes of icetime (Perhaps due to the numerous penalties being called). 2 goals in that span? Pretty darn impressive.

He looked impressive in the ice-time he got. He had a smile the whole time.. he seemed to be pumped and got better as the game progressed. The thing that really stood out was his puck possesion skills. Remember this was one of the most physical games the Moose had this season... (Part of it being the last game against the griffins.. tons of fights and hitting). One thing was certain, he did not shy away from the physical aspect... he would go to the dirty areas (See second goal, he could have been nailed). He had 4 shots (2 goals 50%). Overall a very impressive debut.

Definitely due to this - the second period was just torture to watch with the parade to the box. I could have sworn I saw Auger somewhere...

According to Capgeek, Schroeder's cap hit is 1.75M. That's excellent, IMO.

Source.

Yeah he'll be on a standard ELC depending on draft position/year etc. plus I'm fairly certain the whole 1.75M is only if he reaches certain milestones and he'll get somewhat less if he doesn't, like half or so. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

yeah, it's the same contract and bonus structure as Cody, but just slightly higher in the base salary due to differeing draft year:

Cody Hodgson

SEASON    TYPE    AHL SALARY SALARY   BONUSES  CAP HIT

2009-2010 TWO-WAY $65,000    $875,000 $850,000 $1,695,833

2010-2011 TWO-WAY $65,000    $875,000 $850,000 $1,695,833

2011-2012 TWO-WAY $65,000    $875,000 $850,000 $1,695,833

Jordan Schroeder

SEASON    TYPE    AHL SALARY SALARY   BONUSES  CAP HIT

2010-2011 TWO-WAY $67,500    $900,000 $850,000 $1,750,000

2011-2012 TWO-WAY $67,500    $900,000 $850,000 $1,750,000

2012-2013 TWO-WAY $67,500    $900,000 $850,000 $1,750,000

Yeah he'll be on a standard ELC depending on draft position/year etc. plus I'm fairly certain the whole 1.75M is only if he reaches certain milestones and he'll get somewhat less if he doesn't, like half or so. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Yes half of it is hard to reach bonuses, however, it all goes against the cap. The reason for that is because they are performance bonuses you won't know until after game 82 whether or not he has reached them. As such, say there is a bonus for 30 goals, he could enter game 82 with 5 goals and still technically have a chance at 30. (although wholly unrealistic) So all rookie bonuses go against the cap.

Whereas with Mathieu Schneider, his were based off games played which you can judge part way through the season, so the cap application is different.

Yes half of it is hard to reach bonuses, however, it all goes against the cap. The reason for that is because they are performance bonuses you won't know until after game 82 whether or not he has reached them. As such, say there is a bonus for 30 goals, he could enter game 82 with 5 goals and still technically have a chance at 30. (although wholly unrealistic) So all rookie bonuses go against the cap.

Whereas with Mathieu Schneider, his were based off games played which you can judge part way through the season, so the cap application is different.

they get a bonus cushion above the cap though, that they can apply any reached bonuses against the cap in the following year. I think it doesn't apply next year though, due to the CBA ending after the season.

they get a bonus cushion above the cap though, that they can apply any reached bonuses against the cap in the following year. I think it doesn't apply next year though, due to the CBA ending after the season.

That's true, but that also has its risks because you might need that cap space more next season.

Right Chicago?

Archived