#2461 DJ Kreuzberg

DJ Kreuzberg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

POPULAR

Just finished Schroeder's highlights for this season. Enjoy.

Any questions, just ask.

#2462 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Just finished Schroeder's highlights for this season. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZXM1Lo4NI

Any questions, just ask.

I noticed this when he first joined the Moose, but he scores a lot of his goals from the slot. Seems to be his default setting, which is good. Also plays the half boards on the powerplay.

Good speed, and offensive ability. If the guy was 2 or 3 inches taller everyone would be talking about what a great prospect we have, not his size. Which is unfortunate because he is really a great prospect.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2463 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

I hope Gillis sends him hours upon hours of Patrick Kane video footage to study. Quite a few similarities in their styles of play.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2464 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

I hope Gillis sends him hours upon hours of Patrick Kane video footage to study. Quite a few similarities in their styles of play.

hopefully with some of the footage/pics from his time out parting with a giant "do not do this" stamped on it. emulate everything kane on the ice, and do the complete opposite off of it.

#2465 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,464 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

Nathan Gerbe 3 inches shorter, is an effective player for Buffalo.

How about that Deharnais guy in Montreal too?!

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2466 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Like Desharnais in MTL, his lack of size might be overcome by playing him with larger wingers. (Kassian, Jensen)

#2467 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

Like Desharnais in MTL, his lack of size might be overcome by playing him with larger wingers. (Kassian, Jensen)

montreal has a player considered "large"? or do you mean, by comparison, like the worlds tallest midget?

#2468 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

He exploded when Pacioretty and Cole were put on his line.

Booth - Schroeder - Kassian

Would be a fun line to watch.

#2469 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I noticed this when he first joined the Moose, but he scores a lot of his goals from the slot. Seems to be his default setting, which is good. Also plays the half boards on the powerplay.

Good speed, and offensive ability. If the guy was 2 or 3 inches taller everyone would be talking about what a great prospect we have, not his size. Which is unfortunate because he is really a great prospect.

If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have gone in the top 5 - which is unfortunate because he wouldn't be our prospect then. So we gotta give to take - fortunate to have landed his level of skills at #23 due to his size which can be overcome.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#2470 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have gone in the top 5 - which is unfortunate because he wouldn't be our prospect then. So we gotta give to take - fortunate to have landed his level of skills at #23 due to his size which can be overcome.

Exactly! Some people don't seem to realize the talent we have, and only focus in on his size. A guy this talented will work his way into any line-up regardless of his size.

Posted Image

#2471 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

He exploded when Pacioretty and Cole were put on his line.

Booth - Schroeder - Kassian

Would be a fun line to watch.

Or Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian. The Twin Towers of Doom and the small Dr Evil in the middle.

But honestly, I would love to see either of those two lines.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#2472 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

I don't get it...
his first campaign with the Moose a few years back he had 9 pts in 11 games and was PPG in the playoffs...
Now he's reduced to around 50 pts per season in the AHL? what happened to this guy?

#2473 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I don't get it...
his first campaign with the Moose a few years back he had 9 pts in 11 games and was PPG in the playoffs...
Now he's reduced to around 50 pts per season in the AHL? what happened to this guy?

Anybody can have 11 hot games.

It's hard to have 80 games where you are consistently putting up those points game in and game out. That's why it's ridiculous to see people say Jensen is more NHL-ready than Schroeder because he put up 4 goals in 6 games this season in the AHL. Until they play a full pro season, you don't know how ready they actually are.

That's what makes the Sedins elite - they do it game in and game out. Schroeder at this point is ready to make an impact as a role player in the NHL because he has the conditioning and the professionalism to play a full season while putting up some points. If he wants to be great, then he'll have to learn to play every game consistently at a high level - but not many can do that.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#2474 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Anybody can have 11 hot games.

It's hard to have 80 games where you are consistently putting up those points game in and game out. That's why it's ridiculous to see people say Jensen is more NHL-ready than Schroeder because he put up 4 goals in 6 games this season in the AHL. Until they play a full pro season, you don't know how ready they actually are.

That's what makes the Sedins elite - they do it game in and game out. Schroeder at this point is ready to make an impact as a role player in the NHL because he has the conditioning and the professionalism to play a full season while putting up some points. If he wants to be great, then he'll have to learn to play every game consistently at a high level - but not many can do that.

I couldn't agree more with this, just look at the role/trend it has happened for our top prospects like Cody Hodgson as well. In 11 playoff games with the moose he had 6 points on a bottom six role playing alongside Greg Rallo and Steven Lammers.

IMO i think because when these guys first step in, they have nothing really to lose, they just finished off a year in junior, and not much is expected of them, so they just play the game without any expectations and what not and flourish because of it. Think of it, I dont even remember people expected Jensen to be a high scoring player when he first joined the Wolves. Schroeder when he left the university of minnesota to join the moose on their run 2 years ago wasn;'t expected a whole lot of. Think of Hodgson already 3 years ago, he wasn't meant to have a much of an impact when he joined the Moose on their calder cup run late int he playoffs yet he did.

2moy3iq.png

#2475 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

They better give him a fair shake this season, I'm tired of waiting forever for our prospects to get a chance then sent down or demoted as soon as they make a mistake, good way to ruin a young players confidence.

Edited by TheGame., 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2476 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

So. Really... Is this kid ready?

He is the last top draft pick where the Canucks were looking at speed and skill without size. Can he play? Does he deserve 20 games (remember mason Raymond was supposed to be "given a chance" when Mg took over.... Is this kid at the same dev level and skill?)?

Or can he play but AV might give him the cody treatment?

#2477 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Steve Yzerman was only 5'11", St. Louis is only 5'9", not that I'm comparing Schroeder to these guys, I'm just saying, size 'ain't everything.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#2478 endtoend

endtoend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Mobile

#2479 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Seems as Schroeder and Sweatt have a lot of chemistry this past year. Would like to see both of them given chances this year. I'd also like to see Schroeder given PP time. With that skill and shot, he sure fits very well on the half boards.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#2480 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't get it...

What do you mean what happened to this guy? You can't judge him after playing that many games. He had a hard year in 2010-2011, but this year rebounded very well. MacT (Wolves coach this passed year) said he really liked his game this year and believes he could play in the NHL. If you watch that highlight video, that can give you a taste of his high skill. I'm more excited than worried with this guy.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#2481 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,746 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Schroeder's development was done the right way.
He dominated college hockey as a 17 year old, broke records at the World Juniors. Played another year in college and went pro.

Now he's spent 2 years developing a pro 2way game in the A. It also helps that Hodgson had all of the hype and Schroeder wasn't rushed.

He has just as much skill as Hosgson, but more importantly he's solid on his skates.

I think we have our next NHL ready forward and Sweatt is right there too.

#2482 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Schroeder's development was done the right way.
He dominated college hockey as a 17 year old, broke records at the World Juniors. Played another year in college and went pro.

Now he's spent 2 years developing a pro 2way game in the A. It also helps that Hodgson had all of the hype and Schroeder wasn't rushed.

He has just as much skill as Hosgson, but more importantly he's solid on his skates.

I think we have our next NHL ready forward and Sweatt is right there too.

I agree - MG said at the Summer Summit that Schroeder will be given every opportunity to take that 2C job while Kesler is out. Hopefully he can do enough good things to have a place for him on the 3C when Kes comes back. He's heard good thiings about his defensive game from McT and AV, so he's definitely improved on that end. I just hope he is quick and solid on his skates so he doesn't get rocked by someone....

Not so sure about Sweatt - he's projected to be a 3rd line checking forward as his upside. Not sure if he can beat Hansen or Higgins on that line. Would love to see what he can do with his speed though at the camp.

#2483 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

I agree - MG said at the Summer Summit that Schroeder will be given every opportunity to take that 2C job while Kesler is out. Hopefully he can do enough good things to have a place for him on the 3C when Kes comes back. He's heard good thiings about his defensive game from McT and AV, so he's definitely improved on that end. I just hope he is quick and solid on his skates so he doesn't get rocked by someone....

Not so sure about Sweatt - he's projected to be a 3rd line checking forward as his upside. Not sure if he can beat Hansen or Higgins on that line. Would love to see what he can do with his speed though at the camp.

If there is one positive about Schroeder - is he is built like a tank.

A little tank mind you; but he is very solid on his skates; and has very good top end speed.
Posted Image

#2484 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

That highlight package looks great! He seems to be rounded in every aspect of the game. Tenacious little fellow.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2485 hyflyin

hyflyin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

End/

#2486 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

His defensive game is really improving, thats great to see. I kinda but him on the backburner when I thought about our prospects but this guy has a ton of offensive upside.

His skating is really good, he's got excellent foot speed, accelerates really well, has great top speed and transitions well. Never seems to stop moving when there's an offensive situation building. And he does everything at top speed

One of the things I really noticed is his vision and hockey sense for a small player this is huge, you just see he has quick hands, can go through and around people, very evasive and he has good balance.

Is offensive ability can only be described by one word: Dynamic, he's a excellent passer/playmaker, with a bullet of a wrister and a deadly slap shot and one timer, his shot power is really something and he a great accuracy too, when he gets a good oppertunity can really finish, his hands are amazing. Seems like a game breaker to me.

I'm really excited to see this guy, I thought he's had good camps the past two years, and it seems like he will get an oppertunity to start the season in Kesler's role, I think the team wants that. Then if he plays well he can stay, if he needs more seasoning then he will be sent down.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make that descision before looking to acquire another center.

zackass.png

#2487 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

His defensive game is really improving, thats great to see. I kinda but him on the backburner when I thought about our prospects but this guy has a ton of offensive upside.

His skating is really good, he's got excellent foot speed, accelerates really well, has great top speed and transitions well. Never seems to stop moving when there's an offensive situation building. And he does everything at top speed

One of the things I really noticed is his vision and hockey sense for a small player this is huge, you just see he has quick hands, can go through and around people, very evasive and he has good balance.

Is offensive ability can only be described by one word: Dynamic, he's a excellent passer/playmaker, with a bullet of a wrister and a deadly slap shot and one timer, his shot power is really something and he a great accuracy too, when he gets a good oppertunity can really finish, his hands are amazing. Seems like a game breaker to me.

I'm really excited to see this guy, I thought he's had good camps the past two years, and it seems like he will get an oppertunity to start the season in Kesler's role, I think the team wants that. Then if he plays well he can stay, if he needs more seasoning then he will be sent down.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make that descision before looking to acquire another center.

Only thing I have to say is that Schroeder had teo good prospect camps but two sub-par main camps. Everything else I agree with.

#2488 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Only thing I have to say is that Schroeder had teo good prospect camps but two sub-par main camps. Everything else I agree with.

I thought he wasn't bad in main camp, he wasn't NHL ready but I did think he stood out at times during the pre season games.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him this year, he's gunna be really fast.

zackass.png

#2489 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Last
-formerly known as macvic24

#2490 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Great post, agreed 100%. :)

And last pre-season he was good and stood out. In fact he showed better than Hodgson but Cody was slotted in as 2C to start the year instead
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.