3141 replies to this topic

#2611 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

None of our prospects are putting up spectatular numbers....but the one thing they seem to be doing well is winning.

Even against teams with ubber prospects like Detroit, St Louis and Nashville.

Schroeder is one of the wolves best players, and the wolves are a winning team. He is progressing along slowly, but he is progressing.

#2612 Sup CROW

Sup CROW

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Lp

#2613 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

None of our prospects are putting up spectatular numbers....but the one thing they seem to be doing well is winning.

Even against teams with ubber prospects like Detroit, St Louis and Nashville.

Schroeder is one of the wolves best players, and the wolves are a winning team. He is progressing along slowly, but he is progressing.

Detroit has uber prospects eh? like who?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#2614 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Detroit has uber prospects eh? like who?

The ones playing in the AHL....

Brendan Smith, Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Seahan, Andersson.

They also have good prospects playing in Europe.

#2615 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

He is currently one of two prospects from that first round to not play in the NHL yet. Hopefully he has a big year in the AHL because he needs it. Time to show you're ready for the big show, not just a boy among men.
Posted Image

#2616 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

He is currently one of two prospects from that first round to not play in the NHL yet. Hopefully he has a big year in the AHL because he needs it. Time to show you're ready for the big show, not just a boy among men.

Who's the other one?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2617 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Who's the other one?

there are actually 2 that haven't played a regular season game in the NHL
Chris Kreider - taken 3 before us by the Rags (technically played in the playoffs, so I guess that counts)
Philippe Paradis, the hurricanes prospect taken 5 spots behind us at 27th overall

also, there are 3 players who have played less than 5 games, Scott Glennie (1 game, dallas, 8th), Calvin de Haan (1, Iles, 12th), and Peter Holland, (4, Anaheim,15th)

Edited by avelanch, 02 November 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#2618 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

there are actually 2 that haven't played a regular season game in the NHL
Chris Kreider - taken 3 before us by the Rags (technically played in the playoffs, so I guess that counts)
Philippe Paradis, the hurricanes prospect taken 5 spots behind us at 27th overall

also, there are 3 players who have played less than 5 games, Scott Glennie (1 game, dallas, 8th), Calvin de Haan (1, Iles, 12th), and Peter Holland, (4, Anaheim,15th)

Kreider played in the NHL playoffs though, and he didn't specify NHL regular season. So only one other. Besides, Kreider is a lock for NYR and is going to be a stud...

Edited by Dasein, 02 November 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#2619 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Schroeder will get his chance, although that window seems to be shrinking the longer the lockout goes on and the more time Kesler has to heal.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2620 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

I would be very unhappy if he was our 3rd line center because I believe in winning in the playoffs... where winning means battling and winning. The 3rd line role will not suite is body or his game. But I havent seen him this year so...

He would have had to improve 100% in his own end, gain 30lbs while consistantly answering physical battles inorder to be near mention of a roster spot in 2013 on the Canucks.

CoHo was a very good positional player who seemed to anticipate the puck well and he was also quite a bit bigger so I understand why he was given a defensive role on the Canucks and with shorty, I dont see him getting much chance.

And while Im on it, I look forward to watching CoHo steadily rise in points and become that Doug Weight type guy we knew he would be.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#2621 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

3 point game, keep it up JS!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#2622 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

3 point game, keep it up JS!

Jordan guys no points - thread lights up saying he's a plug. Jordan earns first star with 3 point night- one member comments....

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#2623 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Schreds with some sick toe drag and jukes last night!

#2624 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I would be very unhappy if he was our 3rd line center because I believe in winning in the playoffs... where winning means battling and winning. The 3rd line role will not suite is body or his game. But I havent seen him this year so...

He would have had to improve 100% in his own end, gain 30lbs while consistantly answering physical battles inorder to be near mention of a roster spot in 2013 on the Canucks.

CoHo was a very good positional player who seemed to anticipate the puck well and he was also quite a bit bigger so I understand why he was given a defensive role on the Canucks and with shorty, I dont see him getting much chance.

And while Im on it, I look forward to watching CoHo steadily rise in points and become that Doug Weight type guy we knew he would be.

Cody Hodgson is 185 pounds, Jordan Schroeder is 180. But according to you Schroeder would need to gain 30 pounds to play on our third line? :huh:

Somebody better tell Pavel Datyuk that being 5'11 and 195 pounds isn't good enough to be a defensive player! Dave Bolland, all 178 pounds of him is totally useless as a third liner right?

Cody Hodgson is 6 feet tall, Jordan Schroeder is 5' 9" , but both of them being almost the same weight I guarantee you that Schroeder is stronger, and also faster.

"I would be very unhappy if he was our 3rd line center because I believe in winning in the playoffs" - Hmm makes sense, too bad the Canucks couldn't score to save their freakin lives in the playoffs, but Im sure Manny Malhotra on the third line would be more effective than Schroeder just because he's bigger? You know who did the most damage to the Canucks when Chicago beat us the first time in the playoffs.... Patrick Kane.

"I haven't seen him play this year, but he would have to improve his defensive game 100%" - haha so ironic..... don't think I need to comment on that.

#2625 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Would have been foolish to expect Jordan to excel right away especially when he has had 3 different coaches. I knew it would take time.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#2626 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Wolves have a pretty small set of forwards, but oddly enough this was an advantage last night. For anyone who watched the game you would notice that when the wolves were up 5-3, after they scored with around 4 minutes left, it was all small forwards bringing the energy late game. Ebbett got a goal about 2 minutes later to put the Wolves up 6-3, and after seeing that shift it was all energy from "small" guys like Ebbett, Davies and Friesen. These guys forcheck so hard and ended up putting the nail in the coffin while the big guys were still trying to catch their breath on the bench.

It's good to have a couple jitterbugs on forward if only for those last few minutes of play.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2627 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Mbump.

That blind pass from behind the net looked Sedinish.

comeundone.gif

#2628 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

^ Small forwards are much better-looking when they have the lead.

comeundone.gif

#2629 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

^^ Schroeder can be on our third line only if Kesler would want to do almost all the d-zone heavy lifting. Lapierre isn't great at draws. Manny is still a question mark and Hank never seems to have to take a d-zone draw.

Schroeder, in the way that the Canucks like to utilize their 3rd line center currently, would be roasted alive.

If he is to be used properly, that means he'll have to take almost exclusively offensive zone shifts. But good luck seeing that with the Sedins around. And good luck having that happen when the team didn't even want to do that with CoHo. Then again, maybe in order to vindicate the CoHo trade, we might see Schroeder inserted into cushy situations just because.

Might or might not work, depending on how Brandon Reidish he turns out to be for the big squad.

comeundone.gif

#2630 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

^^ Schroeder can be on our third line only if Kesler would want to do almost all the d-zone heavy lifting. Lapierre isn't great at draws. Manny is still a question mark and Hank never seems to have to take a d-zone draw.

Schroeder, in the way that the Canucks like to utilize their 3rd line center currently, would be roasted alive.

If he is to be used properly, that means he'll have to take almost exclusively offensive zone shifts. But good luck seeing that with the Sedins around. And good luck having that happen when the team didn't even want to do that with CoHo. Then again, maybe in order to vindicate the CoHo trade, we might see Schroeder inserted into cushy situations just because.

Might or might not work, depending on how Brandon Reidish he turns out to be for the big squad.

Schroeder's defensive game has improved a lot, he gets used in every situation including the PK. I believe he can be a defensive force, though I'm the first to acknowledge that he doesn't battle well along the boards. Having wingers like Hansen do that for him, would enable Schroeder to sneak in the slot. I think he will be given a chance this year, I don't think he will be a full time NHLer in Vigneaults system though. Still excited to see the kid get a shot.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2631 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Then maybe we should bring back Marc Chouinard just because he is good at faceoffs? ::D

Or maybe its time to let some prospects play their own game. Not every center is going to be Jonathan Toews-eque in the face off circle just because they play center. No reason to only play them in cushy situations or not play them at all.

Edited by TmanVan, 03 November 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#2632 Schroeder's Too Short

Schroeder's Too Short

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

http://m.youtube.com...er/wolfkeeper80

YouTube user who posts extremely in depth highlights of every game. Schroeder's 3 point night is the most recent video. I'm not plugging this YouTuber btw just a really good way to basically feel like you watched the whole game.

Edited by Schroeder's Too Short, 03 November 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#2633 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Unfortunately, the Canucks are likely going to go through with exactly what i said. Marc Chouinard notwithstanding.

Then maybe we should bring back Marc Chouinard just because he is good at faceoffs? ::D

Or maybe its time to let some prospects play their own game. Not every center is going to be Jonathan Toews-eque in the face off circle just because they play center. No reason to only play them in cushy situations or not play them at all.

comeundone.gif

#2634 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,270 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

How spoiled we are. In reality, Lapierre is a very good faceoff man.

Max was 52.1% last year. That puts him 56th in the league (minimum 100 draws).

We just happen to have two guys who are even better (3 when we had Pahlsson).

PBF020-Skub.gif

#2635 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

How spoiled we are. In reality, Lapierre is a very good faceoff man.

Max was 52.1% last year. That puts him 56th in the league (minimum 100 draws).

We just happen to have two guys who are even better (3 when we had Pahlsson).

frack Pahlsson

#2636 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

After a slow start (1 assist in 5 games), Schroeder now has 7 points in his last 7 games (4 g 3 a). He's now second in team scoring with 8 points, 1 behind Sterling.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2637 Rivera

Rivera

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Mobile

#2638 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Mobile

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#2639 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,554 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Goal by Schroedr against the Admirals. Only video I could find.

Nice stick handling by Rodin to set him up.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2640 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,630 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I want to see him on the 3rd line, he wouldn't be any worse than Coho would be defensively.

He might even be stronger and his speed would be a huge asset on the back check and such.

Then we all know the kind of great offensive ability he has, hopefully he will get a good shot once this lockout ends.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.