The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

At 5'9" I think he'll be a winger in the NHL. That's a good thing - since we have enough centers in the near future.Maxim will not affect Schroeder's development since he's a 3/4th line guy whereas Jordan will be top 6.

I can see him playing wing when he comes into the league. But once the Sedins Retire, he'll move to center.

Kind of like Derek Roy when Briere and Drury left.

Jordan Schroeder.... didnt really think we can land this guy in the 22nd pick, but I won't complain much.

so let's talk about him~ what kind of a player is he? Since this guy is a projected 14th-17th pick in most of the mock drafts, I didn't really check this guy out. It seems like alot of people is pretty happy about him since most of the reports stat he's a very talented player. Very good speed, very strong shot, a great playmaker who can make his teamates around him better, it's just too good to think we can land him in the 22nd pick.

But that being said, it seems one of the biggest draw back on Jordan Schroeder is his small size (173 cm) and I am not sure how this will effect his career in the NHL in the future.

Would be nice to see what you guys think of him. :D

They said that about st.Louis... I think the spped thing really helps a small player... i think he will be able to play

They said that about st.Louis... I think the spped thing really helps a small player... i think he will be able to play

I don't think it would be safe to compare Schroeder to St. Louis. He needs to prove at the AHL level that he can produce before he is given a shot with the big boys.

I don't think it would be safe to compare Schroeder to St. Louis. He needs to prove at the AHL level that he can produce before he is given a shot with the big boys.

you also have to remember the ahl is full of 3rd and 4th line goons and career plugs, it can be hard for a skilled smaller player to excel when the players around him are constantly taking runs at people and cant handle the puck for crap. Look at Desbiens two straight 20goal seasons for the moose but can barely skate faster than the icegirls in the nhl.

I think most people are forgetting what skill this kid really has. You should keep in mind that as playmaker your production will largely depend on who you have on your line to make plays. Furthermore, most kids his age were still playing in the juniors last year while Schroeder is playing with pros. Schroeder just needs the right line mates like another player similar in style and strength as Ryan Stoa back in his freshman year and we will start to see his production skyrocket guaranteed.

This kid is going to be awesome!

If shiro IS back, he'll be filling in for Raymond.

I highly doubt he would. AV doesn't like his 2-way game, so I could see Hansen taking the top-6 role while Raymond's out.

But MG always adds solid depth during the off-season like Torres and Tambi, so that type of player will probably fill in.

I highly doubt he would. AV doesn't like his 2-way game, so I could see Hansen taking the top-6 role while Raymond's out.

But MG always adds solid depth during the off-season like Torres and Tambi, so that type of player will probably fill in.

Ugh, I hope not. We need to fill our Top 6 with players that can play a Top 6 role. Not with very good 3rd line players that do not really have good offensive instincts. I don't really think it is something that AV wants to do (play hard working 3rd liners on our 2nd line), but he has been forced that hand that last few years. I think everyone is hoping that a rookie will break out in training camp and claim a Top 6 role.

Schroeder should have a better season. The kid has too much skill and pride to have 2 letdown years back to back especially this early in his career. Addition of rodin should only help him.

This is way too early to say schroeder has been a disspointment. I would just write this season off as sophomore slump and nothing more. Craig button is just looking at a name and numbers and making assumptions.

I too have been comparing him more to St. Louis as well (obviously based on the height factor).

St. Louis is actually pretty jacked, his leg strength is insane. I don't see how Schroeder couldn't get there himself.

And I'm not sure about the skill factor, but St. Louis DID have a good AHL career, albeit over 10 years ago. Alot has changed in that league since then I am sure....

But my big question is: Center or Wing? What is the best position for him?

I too have been comparing him more to St. Louis as well (obviously based on the height factor).

St. Louis is actually pretty jacked, his leg strength is insane. I don't see how Schroeder couldn't get there himself.

And I'm not sure about the skill factor, but St. Louis DID have a good AHL career, albeit over 10 years ago. Alot has changed in that league since then I am sure....

But my big question is: Center or Wing? What is the best position for him?

Wing. It's what he's been playing in the AHL and what he is transitioning into.

Wing. It's what he's been playing in the AHL and what he is transitioning into.

I don't know. Perhaps it was a failed experiment and we should try what has worked for him in the past, namely centering a line with big powerforwards like 6'3" 200lb Ryan Stoa, 6'1" 215lb Colin Wilson & 6'3" 200lb James VanRiemsdyk.

Archibald-Schroeder-Mancari

Afterall, if 5'9" 184lbs Derek Roy can play C at the NHL level with powerforward wingers as insulation, Schroeder ought to be able to do the same.

Archived