The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

"My personal opinion is that he's a little bit of an overrated player," Giese said. "In college and at the world junior championship, when games got physical he tended to disappear. He's a very intelligent player, great skill, gifted playmaker, he makes those around him better. I think he'll be a good complementary offensive player in the NHL but I wouldn't take him in the top 10. I don't think he's going to be a guy that's going to carry the load."

Not sure who Giese is, but this is his report on him. I don't know much about this kid, not really excited about it until I do some more research??

He should spend at least another year in the NCAA. With Stoa gone. Schroeder will be to "go to" guy with the Gophers. Plus, he'll go back to World JR USA. Lots of experience can be gained.

Ya i expect him to be a winger in the NHL, just wondering if he played behind or with Stoa.

"My personal opinion is that he's a little bit of an overrated player," Giese said. "In college and at the world junior championship, when games got physical he tended to disappear. He's a very intelligent player, great skill, gifted playmaker, he makes those around him better. I think he'll be a good complementary offensive player in the NHL but I wouldn't take him in the top 10. I don't think he's going to be a guy that's going to carry the load."

Not sure who Giese is, but this is his report on him. I don't know much about this kid, not really excited about it until I do some more research??

well his size is probably his only drawback from being the top 10 pick~ I mean you can't really expect us to draft a guy like him with a 22nd pick if he got the size too right?

from what I heard, he had excellent skating speed and a very good playmaker. His shots are pretty strong too.

His size is going to be a problem. I see Schroeder being a dynamic scorer in the NHL but he isn't going to be the "go to guy".

Hodgson will play the roles of Toews. Schroeder will play the role of Kane. If all goes well.

Schroeder leaned a bit on Stoa last year. So he may not have better season next year.

Remember, he is playing with Men in college. Unlike the OHL/CHL players.

hmm potential future linemate for cody hodgson? Man adding a guy like Schroeder just makes the future seem so much brighter. This is the second year in a row we've lucked out.

To be fair. Gillis has been lucky to have such deep drafts. 2008/2009/2010 will and so far have been very good drafts.

2011 seems to be a terrible draft year at this point. So, I would expect good picks next year as well.

Archived