b3.

Anton Rödin Talk

2,815 posts in this topic

Rodin rather slow out the gate...hope he can pick up the slack and start producing some points

And he finally has his 1st point (an assist) of the season! A very slow start for him this year, time to pick it up Rodin!

So I heard this Mallet kid didn't look too bad in his first game :P

Nah, Rodin is looking fast and gritty, like Hansen so far. I'm liking how he's played, he just needs some lucky bounces and once he starts scoring I get the feeling it'll be like a floodgate opening.

Hopefully this is the case. It seemed that way for Schroeder too. Those guys were probably squeezing their sticks a little too tightly for a while there.

And he finally has his 1st point (an assist) of the season! A very slow start for him this year, time to pick it up Rodin!

if it wasn't for desbiens, he would have had a goal already.

if it wasn't for desbiens, he would have had a goal already.

Desbiens has been worse than useless this year, other than a few fights really. Maybe it's just me but to me it feels like he's actually hurting the team when he's out there.

Talk about a major regression from his days with the Moose.

Desbiens has been worse than useless this year, other than a few fights really. Maybe it's just me but to me it feels like he's actually hurting the team when he's out there.

Talk about a major regression from his days with the Moose.

When the lockout is over. I can see AV calling him up.

When the lockout is over. I can see AV calling him up.

If so then he should be fired.

Remember when Rodin was 1st round-worthy if it weren't for Schroeder's availability?

Pro-Canucks Hoopla: Some things never change.

Remember when Rodin was 1st round-worthy if it weren't for Schroeder's availability?

Pro-Canucks Hoopla: Some things never change.

Rodin has been playing fine.

As Avalanch said - Rodin should have a goal as well.

Otherwise Rodin has been playing well and the bounces will start going his way.

Sure he's been playing 'fine.' But as what? Certainly not as this first round potential guy that we were told.

At the moment i wouldn't mind if he turned out to be like Hansen. But so far he's not even close to even Hansen's intensity level. Hansen, meanwhile, was drafted in the 9th round?

When we were complaining about passing on Tartar, we were correct. But whatever. This discussion usually goes nowhere because we like to put on the blinders regarding our guys until they're no longer our guys.

Sure he's been playing 'fine.' But as what? Certainly not as this first round potential guy that we were told.

At the moment i wouldn't mind if he turned out to be like Hansen. But so far he's not even close to even Hansen's intensity level. Hansen, meanwhile, was drafted in the 9th round?

When we were complaining about passing on Tartar, we were correct. But whatever. This discussion usually goes nowhere because we like to put on the blinders regarding our guys until they're no longer our guys.

I assume you mean Tatar.

There was 59 picks before Tatar was selected; so basically every team had two chances to choose Tatar and didn't. Tatar has 1 NHL goal.... which is only one more then Rodin.

We are talking about a player that is 21 years old, still has a year left in his ELC (after this year); and had battled a injured shoulder for the last 14 months.

Even if Rodin turns into a Hansen type player; which is a 40 point player who can move anywhere in the line-up; then you really can't complain about that for a 2nd round pick

Edited by Squeak

Should have been complaining about passing up on Foligno who went in the 4th round.

Nice bit of stick handling by Rodin to set up a goal.

He's got skill for sure, just hopefully he can start producing more.

Arniel should keep him in the line-up, instead of Alternating him out with other's moving in.

Him and Schroeder have a bit of chemistry, so I would put him on the 2nd with Schroeder for a few games with AR having to worry about being Scratched and see how they do.

Arniel should make a line of

Rodin-Schroeder-Kassian and leave them and let them develop chemistry...

Arniel should make a line of

Rodin-Schroeder-Kassian and leave them and let them develop chemistry...

Personally I would go like this for the top 6:

Sterling - Ebbett - Kassian

(Sterling & Ebbett have a bit of Chemistry imo, Kass get's 1st line minutes)

Rodin - Schroeder - Sweatt

(Sweatt & JS have Chem, and we both agree AR & JS should play together for a bit)

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Nice 3 point night (3 A) for Anton. Seems to be finding his offensive game a little bit. Currently 5 assists in his last 5 games.