b3.

Anton Rödin Talk

2,815 posts in this topic

It's funny nobody has seen Jack of this guy Anton Rodin no clips no nothing. Just hearsay and hype

It's funny nobody has seen Jack of this guy Anton Rodin no clips no nothing. Just hearsay and hype

It's funny that there is.

I'm pretty excited to see how this guy preforms over the next season. :)

I have a feeling he won't be that great..... but just my opinion.

From people that went to the conditioning camp... they say he was amazing... best with the puck skills.

Anton Rodin, what a sweet name...

I was thinking for marketing purposes that we can conjure up something like this:

post-44412-1249435567_thumb.jpg

With like "BEWARE OF RODIN!!!" but this dude is really RodAn not Rodin.... but then we could try this Rodin instead:

post-44412-1249436067_thumb.jpg

Edited by CanadianGame

Just because you haven't...

I'm pretty excited to see how this guy preforms over the next season. :)

Me too man.

I have a feeling he won't be that great..... but just my opinion.

Anything behind that or just instincts? This guy was going to be drafted in the first round by Mike Gillis, the GM who's been pulling steals out of his ying-yang. He's a high-energy winger who can also put up pretty goals. He's fast. If he puts on 15-20 pounds there's no reason to think he'll be anything other than a great second line winger.

Thomas Gradin is high on him. Players that Gradin has had say in lately? The Sedin twins, Hansen (9th round) and Alex Edler (3rd round).

"Skate Rodin! Skate! AGH! Why is he just standing there!"

"He's thinking Alain...He's thinking"

Anton Rodin, what a sweet name...

I was thinking for marketing purposes that we can conjure up something like this:

post-44412-1249435567_thumb.jpg

With like "BEWARE OF RODIN!!!" but this dude is really RodAn not Rodin.... but then we could try this Rodin instead:

post-44412-1249436067_thumb.jpg

Apparently the "i" in Rodin is pronounced like the "i" in Sedin, I heard MG talking about him on the radio. This guy should definetly be a future linemate of the sedins. Even better than sundin, it will be "Sedin to Rodin back to Sedin, in front for Rodin, He Scores!!!"

Edited by DeNiro

Apparently the "i" in Rodin is pronounced like the "i" in Sedin, I heard MG talking about him on the radio. This guy should definetly be a future linemate of the sedins. Even better than sundin, it will be "Sedin to Rodin back to Sedin, in front for Rodin, He Scores!!!"

He'd be a great addition the Sedin line.

Thomas Gradin is high on him.

Which Gradin? The Canucks scout or the CDC'er?

:lol:

What about the games Naslund stole on his own? At one time he was the best player in the league, any time he was on the ice he was a threat.

Those were few and far between unfortunately.

He was never the best player in the league. During his prime, I would say Forsberg was the best player in the league and rightfully so.

In 03/04 Cloutier played well and had a 2.17GAA and a .922% before someone fell on his knee and took him out of the playoffs. Auld came in and couldn't keep his save percentage over .900.

Yeah, I got the feeling that the defence had to play that much better when Cloutier was in goal. Granted, I'm not really an Auld fan but he wasn't worse than Cloutier in the playoffs.

He'd be a great addition the Sedin line.

Yeah, if The Sedins stop aging until he is ready to play on the top line. :lol:

Which Gradin? The Canucks scout or the CDC'er?

:lol:

Aha. The both of us.

Yeah, if The Sedins stop aging until he is ready to play on the top line. :lol:

Well.. the Sedins have 5 years left on their contracts and arguably at least that in their prime. Rodin should be ready in 3-4 years.

Just because you haven't...

Me too man.

Anything behind that or just instincts? This guy was going to be drafted in the first round by Mike Gillis, the GM who's been pulling steals out of his ying-yang. He's a high-energy winger who can also put up pretty goals. He's fast. If he puts on 15-20 pounds there's no reason to think he'll be anything other than a great second line winger.

Thomas Gradin is high on him. Players that Gradin has had say in lately? The Sedin twins, Hansen (9th round) and Alex Edler (3rd round).

I wonder how we would've been if Schroeder didn't fall and we ended up drafting Rodin with our first.

Those were few and far between unfortunately.

He was never the best player in the league. During his prime, I would say Forsberg was the best player in the league and rightfully so.

Considering the players actually voted (mind you, these are the players that actually played against Naslund instead of battling to stay awake to watch Western time-zone games) Naslund the best player in the league, I think it's safe to say that for that year, he was the best player in the league.

Edited by AmazingNuck

I wonder how we would've been if Schroeder didn't fall and we ended up drafting Rodin with our first.

We probably would've traded down 7 or 8 picks and had another 3rd round pick or even 2nd round pick.

If Schroeder hadn't fallen, it probably wouldn't have been such a bad thing.

I'm quite happy how it turned out.

Considering the players actually voted (mind you, these are the players that actually played against Naslund instead of battling to stay awake to watch Western time-zone games) Naslund the best player in the league, I think it's safe to say that for that year, he was the best player in the league.

Oh, so Naslund won the Hart Trophy that year?

You know you're a homer when you consider Naslund as the best player in the league in any point in time. In a period of time with Peter Forsberg, or even Martin St. Louis that year, he shouldn't be considered.

Edited by AK_19