1584 replies to this topic

#511 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

Well nothing we can do, he chose the SEL. I just didn't want him to get 4th line minute again, he only scored 1 goal last season, unless anything changes, or if he's starting on a top 6 line then good for him. The reason why I wanted him in the AHL because it emulates the NHL much more (arena size, nhl rules, the physical game) of the AHL. Also if he did play in the AHL we can watch their games whenever they play.

Best of luck to him.

There's a chance that Rödin might be on a conditional loan, where he has to get x amount of minutes per game or he gets yanked from Brynäs. I doubt Gillis or the Canucks front office want him sitting around and riding the pine.

#512 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

There was an article in the sun today regarding training camp.

Rodin and Andersson will both attend Canuck Training camp... but will probably be loaned to their respective teams after camp. (Unless they impress the brass and earn a spot)
Posted Image

#513 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

There was an article in the sun today regarding training camp.

Rodin and Andersson will both attend Canuck Training camp... but will probably be loaned to their respective teams after camp. (Unless they impress the brass and earn a spot)

Canucks training camp or the Orientation camp? (the one in July). But thats good news because we get to watch him, and see how he does competing and working with Hodgson Schroeder and (2010 first rounder).

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#514 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Canucks training camp or the Orientation camp? (the one in July). But thats good news because we get to watch him, and see how he does competing and working with Hodgson Schroeder and (2010 first rounder).

Probably Prospects Camp and Training Camp. They don't have an excuse to skip Training Camp since they are under contract now.

#515 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

okay so Rodin is gonna play in the SEL next year unless he wows at training camp which he probably won't yet. But will he be able the play in the WJC again or is he too old now? because I really wanna see him play

Edited by V.Hedman_77, 29 June 2010 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

credit VC

#516 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

okay so Rodin is gonna play in the SEL next year unless he wows at training camp which he probably won't yet. But will he be able the play in the WJC again or is he too old now? because I really wanna see him play

He's too old to play in the next WJC. We will probably have no one in the next WJC, lol. Maybe the finnish goalie.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#517 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

No, Rödin turns 20 this year.

^ Peter Andersson will probably play

Edited by Hedman, 29 June 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#518 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Damn that sucks I won't get to see him play any games this year. Hopefully he can step into line up in the 2011-12 season

Posted Image

credit VC

#519 Reggie_Dunlop

Reggie_Dunlop

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

I mean, hypothetically, if Hodgson makes the Canucks this year, Schroeder in 2011, we'd have Rodin ready for 2012. He almost fills in the missing spot of no 2010 first rounder as I feel we may have landed 2 last year. Not bad at all to let him mature over the next few years before trying to crack the Canucks line-up. At least our prospect cupboard isn't bare!
Posted Image

#520 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

I mean, hypothetically, if Hodgson makes the Canucks this year, Schroeder in 2011, we'd have Rodin ready for 2012. He almost fills in the missing spot of no 2010 first rounder as I feel we may have landed 2 last year. Not bad at all to let him mature over the next few years before trying to crack the Canucks line-up. At least our prospect cupboard isn't bare!

Yea, keep in mind there's also Shirokov and Steve Anthony.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#521 wolfgang puck

wolfgang puck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

[quote name='MoneypuckOverlord' date='30 June 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1277942907' post='8736523']

Yea, keep in mind there's also Shirokov and Steve Anthony.

and don't forget Prabhal Burai.

#522 GZA

GZA

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

here's an interview with a guy from Elite Prospects and he talks about Rodin's development and skill set.

the link and the article: http://prosportsblog...odin-interview/

Anton Rödin (pictured below) was Vancouver's 2nd round selection (53rd overall) just one year ago. In reviewing a number of the Canucks' prospects, the youngster from Sweden had obviously impressed the brass with his play in his 2nd tier league back home – enough to get the call in the second round.

It was his play since in the 2010 World Junior Championships that left me impressed. I always watch the tournament closely and despite being slack-jawed at the performance of New Jersey Devils' future winger Mattias Tedenby, Rödin's play was also remarkable. While slight, he makes things happen and can be a catalyst on both offense and defense. He played in the Swedish Elite League for part this season and is set for another.

There are definitely some intangibles in his favour. I caught up with my colleague Johan Nilsson, the webmaster from Elite Prospects this week and got the low-down on a special prospect for a rabid fan-base:

Posted ImageRödin hard on the puck

Robin: There is a preconception out there that Rödin is a slick offensive player and that his defensive game is sound as well. Can you elaborate on that for our readers and possibly highlight how he might fit in amongst some pretty dynamic young forwards coming into Vancouver's plans such as Cody Hodgson, Michael Grabner, and Jordan Schroeder?

Johan @ EP: The good thing with Rödin is that I feel he can develop into a good team/role player in case he does not make it as a scoring line player. He plays with such intensity and speed, so he could turn out to be a very valuable fore-checking forward. Still, I hope he manages to translate his offense to the NHL, but first of all he needs to the same in a men's league in Sweden. I do see a future NHLer in him, though, it remains to be seen in which role though. Seems pretty wide open to me at this point.

Robin: Rödin had a pretty incredible 2010 World Junior Championships performance, despite Sweden not doing as well as projected by many, including myself. What was his niche on that team and how did he expand his role?

Johan @ EP: He was not relied on to be one of the top scoring players prior to the tournament, but ended up second on the team in points. He was supposed to play a good two-way game and chip in offensively once in a while, but quickly became on one of the top offensive players on the team, often creating scoring changes on his own. Sweden's top three lines received pretty much the same amount of ice time and Rödin's role was the same, more or less, throughout the tournament.

Posted Image

Robin: Does Rödin's noted offensive skills have more room to develop, or is it his core strength or size that needs to be brought along?

Johan @ EP: There is certainly room for improvement, since he has yet to translate his productivity to men's hockey. He must learn where to be positioned and so on while facing better defensemen than those he did in the juniors. He is pretty shifty and smart though, so I think he will figure it out.. hopefully this upcoming season.

Robin: There are some comparisons between Rödin with fellow Swede, Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. How much of this do you think is fair?

Johan @ EP: Pääjärvi's upside is greater. I see him potentially becoming a player to finish among the top 10 point scorers in the NHL, but I do not think Rödin's ceiling is that high. They both have the speed in common and offensive awareness, but I think Pääjärvi is more mature, obviously stronger and more explosive and also he covers the puck better and thus gets more time to deliver good passes.

Robin: How has the Stockholm-born winger's physical game advanced after a full season in the SEL and how do you see him getting an opportunity down the road with Vancouver? He recently signed a contract with the Canucks, but it seems that he has at least another season left in your backyard.

Johan @ EP: It is difficult to say just after one season playing in a men's league (often with very limited ice time). The previous season he dominated the juniors and his physical strength was rarely tested. This past season, obviously it was tougher, but to know for sure how he has progressed in that regard, one would have to compare his season to the upcoming season. I hope to see him get more minutes now while being lent out to Brynäs after signing the deal with the Canucks.

Robin: Certainly glad you could sit down and chat with us Johan.

Johan @ EP: Cheers.

25 June 2010 / Robin Keith Thompson

Edited by GZA, 02 July 2010 - 02:53 PM.

#523 mrluongo

mrluongo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

http://canucks.nhl.t...-twt-vancanucks

(around 2:08)

When rodin was doing his bench presses, did you guys notice something about him, that drastically changed this year?.

Well if not, I am here to inform you guys he has grew roughly 2 inches, and put on some Massive mass, and is considerably bigger then he was last year.

From what I heard from tweets, etc, People were in shock when he walked in, because of the amount of muscle he put on in just one year.

Just a interesting tidbit for you all.

Update: Posted Image

Edited by mrluongo, 06 July 2010 - 11:04 PM.

Mr. Luongo
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#524 yourfriend

yourfriend

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

POPULAR

Is Barry Bonds' doctor out of jail already?

#525 Kanye West

Kanye West

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

This kid's a stud, Gillis was originally going to draft him in the 1st rd. He was that highly regarded by MG. Luckily he fell to us in the 2nd glad we got him.

Edited by YoungMoney', 06 July 2010 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

Sig: Intoewsables

#526 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

POPULAR

Well if not, I am here to inform you guys he has grew 2 inches, and put on some Massive mass, and is considerably bigger then he was last year.

If I only read that segment, I'd say you and Rodin are REALLY, great friends...

I kid, I kid...

Let's hope there's been improvements to his hockey as well. Getting stronger and bigger is a good first step.

#527 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

POPULAR

Wow super dope, Extra 2 inches helps anywhere you can get it. Hopefully he is more of a force...

#528 ReverendMayhem93

ReverendMayhem93

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

Can't believe we got him in round 2.

Wow super dope, Extra 2 inches helps anywhere you can get it. Hopefully he is more of a force...

lol, nicely put, Ari

Edited by ReverendMayhem93, 06 July 2010 - 10:45 PM.

Hall definitely exceeds Tavares in terms of overall potential.

CANUCKS 2010-11 To Do List:
Win 50+ games
Finally win a Season Series vs Sharks
Beat other Canadian teams at least 10 times
Improved PK%
Have a Vezina Trophy Nominee
Make it Past 2nd round
Win Cup

#529 northvancanucksfan

northvancanucksfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Things are looking good on the farm!

#530 GZA

GZA

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

lol

this kid was playing against men this past year and now knows what it takes to succeed at that level and we shouldnt be shocked if he is our best prospect forward next to schroeder in the rookie tourney.

#531 Bob Loungo

Bob Loungo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

LMAO

#532 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

when he was drafted, I became a fan of Rodin. I can't wait to see him im in the NHL. Our next Naslund :lol:
Posted Image

#533 AntonRodin

AntonRodin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Lol Awesome hopefully he gets more playing time for Brynas next year if he doesnt make the team this year

Edited by AntonRodin, 06 July 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#534 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Damn Thomas Gradin is a genius for scouting that this guy would grow 2 inches and improve that much.
Posted Image

#535 mrluongo

mrluongo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

Added a picture comparison

Posted Image
Mr. Luongo
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#536 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

First time I saw him I thought of a young Peter Forsberg.

• Name: Anton Rodin
  • Position: RW
  • Shoots: Left
  • Height: 5-11
  • Weight: 174 lbs
  • Birthdate: 1990-11-21
  • Eligible for Draft: 2009
  • Drafted: 2009
  • Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
  • Acquired: 2nd round (53rd overall), 2009 by VAN
  • Playing In: Europe
Anton Rodin

Prospect Grade: 7.0 C (About Prospect Grades)
Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History
2009-10: Rodin had an outstanding World Junior Championships. He put up twice as many points as Brynas teammate, and fellow 18-year-old, Jakob Silfverberg (OTT), and tied Oiler prospect Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson for second overall on the team with three goals and seven assists. Rodin’s two game-winning goals were tops for Sweden.

Talent Analysis
Rödin's offensive game stands out thanks to his superb skating, his shot, hockey sense and puck handling. Usually scores quite spectacular goals and does not shy away from playing physical. Could use some more strength though.He has the offensive arsenal to be a productive player in the future, but has also the fundamental skills to be used as a role- and checkling line player.

#537 CanuckEDGE

CanuckEDGE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Canucks drafting has really improved the past 10 years or so. Sure there was the odd mistake (Patrick White) but every team has some.

Rodin could be another gem.

Posted Image
EFH, RF2233 & Canuckletux joint production of EPIC.

This is without a doubt the best thing I've read on CDC.

#538 AntonRodin.

AntonRodin.

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

It does doesn't it? Posted Image LOL

#539 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Anton Rodin is going to be amazing.

35 goal, 90 point player isn't out of the question.

#540 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

I love this kid.

He has impressed me every time I've seen him play.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.