1584 replies to this topic

#31 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

Exactly, if Hansen becomes an everyday 3rd Liner in the NHL, that's pretty darn good for a 9th Rounder.

He also had 21 points in 55 game last year, which projects to 39 points over a full season. Hopefully he'll get to play more games next season like he should have been this season, rather then getting scratched in favor of Pyatt and Hordichuk.

Edited by Gnickers87, 29 June 2009 - 02:09 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Rob_Zepp

Rob_Zepp

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

Gradin is ridiculously over rated. He found, Edler through random luck. Don't reckon he deserves credit for Sedins, since they were labeled donkey blue chip prospects. Ohlund maybe..i cant be sure. but that is what he has accomplished since 93-94....

the guy is just lame as delorme.

Thomas Gradin is acknowledged throughout the NHL as one of the best assessment gurus of talent in Europe. Your resume in this area includes....?

Rodin could be the sleeper of the entire draft. You.....simply asleep. :)

I see Hodgson becoming more of ahl type player

Clutch @ Oct 3 2008, 12:34 PM - Alex Burrows, I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. He can't skate; its ridiculous. IMOP Alex Burrow's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go and keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever.

#33 Kookookajoob

Kookookajoob

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Is Gradin our Chief European Scout, or is he just our Swedish scout?

it could be argued that Gradin also discovered Brunnstrom since the canucks were apparently trying to sign him before he had his breakout season in the SEL
Came back to CDC one day, noticed nothing had changed, went back to living my life away from it.

#34 xXx_seabass_xXx

xXx_seabass_xXx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Sounds like this guy could be amazing, if some of this years picks pan out, we will have a really deep farm system. Which is great for a change :)

Posted Image

Chile for 2014 World cup!! Canucks for the 2012 Stanley Cup!!

Let's Go Whitecaps! Credit to (>'-')> for the sig!

#35 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Is Gradin our Chief European Scout, or is he just our Swedish scout?

it could be argued that Gradin also discovered Brunnstrom since the canucks were apparently trying to sign him before he had his breakout season in the SEL

Gradin is an Associate Head Scout, along with Ray Payne, with a focus on Sweden while Payne is the OHL scout. The other European scout is Sergei Chibisov (Russia, likely the reason we drafted Shirokov, Kablukov, Koltsov and other Russians like Gladskikh and Topol) I believe Branislav Pulis (Slovakia) is no longer is a scout. (He was the reason we picked Bliznak in the 7th Round 2005)

The question is then whatabout Finland, Czech Rep. etc., do we even have scouts for there? My guess is no, we haven't drafted a Finnish player since Markus Kankaanpera (2000) and Czech player since Mensator (2002)

Edited by Gnickers87, 29 June 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#36 vancity4life

vancity4life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

lol how come he aint in nhl 09

Players from europe junior leagues often arent in it, with the exception of Vasyunov, Hedman, Zharkov, etc.
LIKE A BOSS

#37 vancity4life

vancity4life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

Your arguement is somewhat valid, some people on here will just use Gradin as an excuse to justify the pick. i do believe it doesn't matter, if ISS rated him 15 then that's good enough for me, and i only used the fact the Gradin probably scouted him as a reason to calm myself down that we didnt draft someone like Eric Gelinas, who, ironically enough, was the pick immediatly after him. People going nuts over Ferraro and Tatar need to STFU and accept it. Tatar may have lit up the WJC and Extraliga, but he has a long way to go before making the NHL, if he turns out to be a superstar, then it will be because Detroit developed him correctly, not on talent alone. Ferraro had no chance in hell of falling to us. I don't know the the frack the Islanders didn't draft him and took koskinen of all people, when he probably would have been there for their next pick. It would have been great publicity, seeing as Ray played for the Islanders.
LIKE A BOSS

#38 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Why do people suggest Hansen is a career 3rd liner?
He has the potential to be a top 6 forward with great 2-way ability.

He has great speed, a nice shot, and good 2-way ability. Not to mention he can dangle very well.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,693 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

Why do people suggest Hansen is a career 3rd liner?
He has the potential to be a top 6 forward with great 2-way ability.

He has great speed, a nice shot, and good 2-way ability. Not to mention he can dangle very well.

He has to nice of a shot, that happens to hit the crossbar flat on everytime. :lol:
Posted Image

#40 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

He has to nice of a shot, that happens to hit the crossbar flat on everytime. :lol:

Works on that and goals fly, no big deal really.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Jermi

Jermi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

the love for gradin is warrented. he gets praise from pierre and everyone its widely known hes one of the best euro scouts...who knows how many times he says certain guys will be great..doesnt mean we draft them. its not really about the ppl he brings in cuz he can only recomend picks its not up to him.
go canucks go

#42 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

At least you know he can beat the goalie.

It would be much worse if every shot went into the netting/off the glass.

#43 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 26,693 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

At least you know he can beat the goalie.

It would be much worse if every shot went into the netting/off the glass.

But it doesn't go in the net? Sad but true. The only one that did was when he sniped out Legace.
Posted Image

#44 TheGhostOfRazor

TheGhostOfRazor

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

Botchford twittered today that European scouts are saying that Rodin might be the "steal" of the draft.

Good to hear.
Busy cultivating useless good taste.
Posted Image

#45 wolfgang puck

wolfgang puck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

if only they would change the rules to make the nets bigger...we'd have a 50 goal man on our hands... ;)

#46 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

Seems like a very interesting prospect.
Our top forward prospects now look like:

1. Hodgson
2. Schroeder
3. Grabner
4. White
5. Rodin

mmm...not bad at all. I'm really surprised how much one deep draft can replenish our prospect pool.

#47 А. Овечкин

А. Овечкин

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

1. Hodgson
2. Schroeder
3. Grabner
4. Rodin
5. White

mmm...not bad at all. I'm really surprised how much one deep draft can replenish our prospect pool.

fixed.

Credit eQuilibrium
RIP Luc Bourdon 28

#48 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

Does anyone have any video of this guy, i'm curious to see what kind of player he is. His talent analysis seems really positive though, which is good.

Edited by DeNiro, 03 July 2009 - 01:24 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#49 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

if only they would change the rules to make the nets bigger...we'd have a 50 goal man on our hands... ;)

If we had bigger nets, we wouldn't have Luongo.

#50 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,549 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

Gradin is an Associate Head Scout, along with Ray Payne, with a focus on Sweden while Payne is the OHL scout. The other European scout is Sergei Chibisov (Russia, likely the reason we drafted Shirokov, Kablukov, Koltsov and other Russians like Gladskikh and Topol) I believe Branislav Pulis (Slovakia) is no longer is a scout. (He was the reason we picked Bliznak in the 7th Round 2005)

The question is then whatabout Finland, Czech Rep. etc., do we even have scouts for there? My guess is no, we haven't drafted a Finnish player since Markus Kankaanpera (2000) and Czech player since Mensator (2002)

Considering our track record with Czechs are Mensator, Polasek, (The Bad), Slegr (The Good), and Nedved (The Ugly), we either need better scouts there, or need to choose more carefully. I am surprised that we don't have any Finn scouts, maybe we should hire Salo when he decides to hang up his skates?

I like Rodin's upside. His point totals look fantastic. I hope he is the steal of the draft!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#51 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

1. Hodgson
2. Schroeder
3. Grabner
4. White
5. Rodin

Excuse me. If that's your chart for the chances of NHL. In my opinion, it should be like this:

1. Grabner
2. Hodgson
3. Shroeder
4. White
5. Rodin

Grabner is easily the closest to crack the big club, followed by Hodgson.
Not bad, not bad at all.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Canucks_Dynasty88

Canucks_Dynasty88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

Excuse me. If that's your chart for the chances of NHL. In my opinion, it should be like this:

1. Grabner
2. Hodgson
3. Shroeder
4. White
5. Rodin

Not bad, not bad at all.

No, I'm pretty sure Hodgson has a better chance to make it next year than Grabner.

#53 MrTubesteak

MrTubesteak

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

No, I'm pretty sure Hodgson has a better chance to make it next year than Grabner.

Exactly. Grabner can play in the AHL and develop further with top line minutes.
Hodgson can't improve any further in the OHL. After being the *best* player in the country, what's left for him there?
And since he can't go to the AHL, he'll be on the Canucks team as the 2nd or 3rd line center.
Grabby has a shot at the team, but with the signing of Samuelsson, we have a logjam at wing and Grabner can be easily foisted on the Moose for another year.

#54 sirensong87

sirensong87

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

1. Grabner
2. Hodgson
3. Shroeder
4. White
5. Rodin

Not bad, not bad at all.

Cody will make the team before Grabner, and usually when rating prospects its who will be a better player when put in order.

Hodgson
Schroeder
Grabner
Rodin
Sauve
Ellington
White

In terms of impact at the NHL level.

#55 danny411

danny411

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Cody will make the team before Grabner, and usually when rating prospects its who will be a better player when put in order.

Schneider
Hodgson
Schroeder
Grabner
Rodin
Sauve
Ellington
White-never this guy sucks lets face it

In terms of impact at the NHL level.

#56 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Rodin should play in the WHL next seeason since he is going to prospect training camp
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#57 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Rodin should play in the WHL next seeason since he is going to prospect training camp

The only way Rodin plays in the WHL is if the Canucks sign him and send him down. I believe he's already under contract with this SEL team.

#58 sirensong87

sirensong87

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

That doesn't mean squat, he is signed in the SEL. He's coming to Canucks prospect camp because guess what.... HES A CANUCKS PROSPECT!!! Then he will be going back to Sweden to play with his SEL club, i dont get why people think PROSPECTS going to PROSPECT CAMP means anything other than their Canucks PROSPECTS!!!

#59 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

Some information on Rodin for those who had never heard of him:

Rödin's offensive game stands out thanks to his superb skating, his shot, hockey sense and puck handling. Usually scores quite spectacular goals and does not shy away from playing physical.

He has the offensive arsenal to be a productive player in the future, but has also the fundamental skills to be used as a role- and checkling line player.

Source

because he also brings an energetic, hustling style to the ice.

A gifted puck-handler with a penchant for scoring dramatic goals, Rodin is also a strong two-way performer.

Source

Anton Rodin sticks out a bit as probably being underrated by the scouts,

Source

#60 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,859 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hopefully this guy projects into a Johan Franzen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.