1584 replies to this topic

#61 neerlynormal

neerlynormal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

The only way Rodin plays in the WHL is if the Canucks sign him and send him down. I believe he's already under contract with this SEL team.

Uhmm, I'ld like to see him in the AHL. See what he can do against men. But very exciting pick. Hopefully we'll know if he's NHL caliberin 2-3 yrs.

#62 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

this is the championship Junior elite game, rodin is the guy who picks up the assist on the winner (2nd goal of clip in OT)
-formerly known as macvic24

#63 Canucks_Dynasty88

Canucks_Dynasty88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Uhmm, I'ld like to see him in the AHL. See what he can do against men. But very exciting pick. Hopefully we'll know if he's NHL caliberin 2-3 yrs.

He will be playing in the SEL for the next season for sure and I think there is one more year on his contract. After that he can come over here. The Swedish Elite League IS a mens league.

#64 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

according to Gradin, Rodin has been on the Radar for two years already

2moy3iq.png

#65 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

Thomas Gradin also compared him (Rodin) to Anders Hedberg.

Source

For those of you who don't know Hedberg.. he broke 100 points all 4 years he played in the WHA, and had a career high 79 points in the NHL.

He was a little right winger at about 5'10 and 170-175 pounds.

#66 ghostface

ghostface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

this is the championship Junior elite game, rodin is the guy who picks up the assist on the winner (2nd goal of clip in OT)

nice interception and pass by rodin

the guy who tried to shoot it around the boards must feel so bad haha

mad props to g_bassi13 for the sick sig

#67 ghostface

ghostface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Thomas Gradin also compared him (Rodin) to Anders Hedberg.

Source

For those of you who don't know Hedberg.. he broke 100 points all 4 years he played in the WHA, and had a career high 79 points in the NHL.

He was a little right winger at about 5'10 and 170-175 pounds.

it also said that he should make swedens world junior team
if he does that will be very exciting to watch

mad props to g_bassi13 for the sick sig

#68 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

do we have a canadian prospect that has a chance of making it to the world junior team besides cody
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#69 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,402 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

do we have a canadian prospect that has a chance of making it to the world junior team besides cody

Don't think so.

You will be missed.

#70 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Yann Sauve was invited to Development Camp last season but was not this year, which surprises me. There are a couple guys invited that I would have thought Sauve would beat out. But oh well.

Rodin will at least be on the Swedish team
Posted Image

#71 fdevji

fdevji

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

Yann Sauve was invited to Development Camp last season but was not this year, which surprises me. There are a couple guys invited that I would have thought Sauve would beat out. But oh well.

Rodin will at least be on the Swedish team

Not to mention Schroeder on the US.
Recent article: Rodin's big change

Upcoming article(s): TBA

Farhan Devji is the author of The Hockey Farmer, and a freelance
journalist. Check out www.farhandevji.com for more information and
follow him on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news and opinion.

#72 2 Sedins 1 cup

2 Sedins 1 cup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

pff just be glad that we have more then one prospect actually playing in the tourny. (or atleast will be)
Posted Image
rk17

Quote me on this. The Flames will win their Second Stanley Cup before the Canucks win their first. :P

Sometimes people shouldn't have their opinions heard.

Led Zeppelin is overrated.

#73 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Not to mention Schroeder on the US.

oh yeah...that guy :P
Posted Image

#74 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

what will he do after he plays his one year in SEL?
Posted Image

#75 MGrabner40

MGrabner40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

Man i can't wait for the WJC Rodin and Schroeder are going to be exciting to watch, especially rodin as many have said he is that quick and shifty player who's got amazing stick handling abilities aswell. I hope the final ends up being Team U.S.A vs Team Sweden, it would be epic seeing how they would both do when the stakes and pressure to succeed are at an all time high.

Credit to Victorious Secret for the sig.

QUOTE (Paula Creamer @ Sep 30 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never even got to see the pictures. At least Alicia Whitten made it worth my while to click on the thread.

#76 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

what will he do after he plays his one year in SEL?

He'll probably play out his two-year contract in the SEL.

#77 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,003 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Man i can't wait for the WJC Rodin and Schroeder are going to be exciting to watch, especially rodin as many have said he is that quick and shifty player who's got amazing stick handling abilities aswell. I hope the final ends up being Team U.S.A vs Team Sweden, it would be epic seeing how they would both do when the stakes and pressure to succeed are at an all time high.

So you're hoping Canada doesn't make it to the finals? What kind of Canadian are you?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#78 ilikecanucks

ilikecanucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

I'd rather see the US lose to canada in the semi's and Sweden lose to them in the final.

Im hoping for a good showing from Schroeder and Rodin, but I would much rather see Canada win.

Much the same as I hope Daniel and Henrik have good olympics for sweden and Kesler for the USA, but would rather see team Canada win.

#79 carrotshirt

carrotshirt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

I love what I'm hearing about this kid. Obviously the great skating, shot and puckhandling are nice, but I'm mostly stoked about his reported tenacity. Anybody who plays like a checker but has loads of talent is ten times better than a talented but disinterested player (Yashin). Canucks have a few foreward prospects with very high ceilings after all these years of nobodies. If even half of Rodin, Hodgson, Grabner, Schroeder, Raymond, Bernier, or White turn out, that right there takes care of five of our top six, what with Hank and Dank being locked in for five. I'm stoked about the fact that we finally have some decent prospects. Hopefully this is just the beginning..
You are.

#80 J-izzle

J-izzle

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

what a stud.

Edited by J-izzle, 18 July 2009 - 12:43 AM.

#81 Skoopie

Skoopie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

i love how when they scored the game winner the camera kept zooming in and out haha

#82 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

what a stud.

Ch'yeah

#83 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

after he plays his 2 years in SEL he is going to play for the moose and the year after that he is going to make the team
Posted Image

#84 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

after he plays his 2 years in SEL he is going to play for the moose and the year after that he is going to make the team

We'll see.. If he puts on a lot of muscle in the next two seasons (in the SEL), I could see him jumping straight from the SEL to the Canucks.

#85 Citizen Erased

Citizen Erased

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,131 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

this guy will be WAY better than tatar in 4-6 years. Rodin is gonna be the next nazzy :D

You say that like it's a good thing.

Man, nuclear war sounds like a good time, when can I start.

Posted Image

#86 Citizen Erased

Citizen Erased

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,131 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

Gradin is ridiculously over rated. He found, Edler through random luck. Don't reckon he deserves credit for Sedins, since they were labeled donkey blue chip prospects. Ohlund maybe..i cant be sure. but that is what he has accomplished since 93-94....

the guy is just lame as delorme.

It seems like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#87 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,003 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:58 AM

You say that like it's a good thing.

So having a future all time canucks points leader wouldn't be a good thing? Don't remember Naslund for his last two years, that isn't really fair. I hated it when people turned on him because he couldn't put up 80+ points anymore, the guy wasn't gonna be able to be a star forever. I only wish he would have left when he was on top of his game, then people would give him the respect he deserves.

Edited by DeNiro, 22 July 2009 - 12:59 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#88 Citizen Erased

Citizen Erased

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,131 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

So having a future all time canucks points leader wouldn't be a good thing? Don't remember Naslund for his last two years, that isn't really fair. I hated it when people turned on him because he couldn't put up 80+ points anymore, the guy wasn't gonna be able to be a star forever. I only wish he would have left when he was on top of his game, then people would give him the respect he deserves.

So never being able to lead a team deep into the playoffs is a good thing? Disappearing when it matters the most is a good thing?

And I can't forget that infamous "We choked" comment. I died on the inside when I heard that. That's not something a real leader would say.

Posted Image

#89 McMillan

McMillan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

So never being able to lead a team deep into the playoffs is a good thing? Disappearing when it matters the most is a good thing?

And I can't forget that infamous "We choked" comment. I died on the inside when I heard that. That's not something a real leader would say.

Yeah no kidding a real leader would hide away from all the media crying while letting the Sedins do all the talking. Yep best captain in the NHL right there! :rolleyes:

Edit:

It amazes me how much people turn a blind eye to Luongo because he's Canadian yet has never shown anything that he is a good leader or even shown a true commitment to the team while bash Naslund because he's European yet he would face the media regardless how ruthless they were and always stated how commited he was.

Edited by McMillan, 22 July 2009 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks VC for the sig!

Demo was great, but I'm a two-way guy.

#90 Jimmy_the_scot

Jimmy_the_scot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

When someone says "This prospect reminds me of this former or current NHLer", that doesn't mean that they will be a complete clone of them. I don't understand why people go on about character issues when making comparisons that were originally about skill. Rodin isn't Naslund. Shirokov isn't Samsonov. Schroeder isn't Fleury or Kariya. Hodgson isn't going to be Linden either (though that one is the opposite in that it's about character rather than skill).

I guess it's a starting place for a good argument if you've got nothing better to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.