Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

b3.

Kevin Connauton Talk

1,411 posts in this topic

KEVIN CONNAUTON

Toronto-Marlies-Succumb-Moose-Attack_649329.jpg

Defense

Born Feb 23 1990 -- Edmonton, ALTA

Height 6.01 -- Weight 196 -- Shoots L

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 3 #83 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-07 Fort Saskatchewan Traders AJHL 1 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 Spruce Grove Saints AJHL 56 13 32 45 59 15 5 0 5 18

2008-09 Western Michigan Universi CCHA 40 7 11 18 44

2009-10 Vancouver Giants WHL 69 24 48 72 107 16 3 10 13 21

2010-11 Manitoba Moose AHL 65 11 10 21 46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current statistics as of 2011-03-19

Kevin Connauton

atleast get the kids name right.

Here are his listed stats

Regular Season Playoffs

2007-08 Spruce Grove Saints AJHL 56-13-32-45-59

2008-09 Western Michigan University NCAA 40 7-11-18-44

Here are his listed stats

Regular Season Playoffs

2007-08 Spruce Grove Saints AJHL 56-13-32-45-59

2008-09 Western Michigan University NCAA 40 7-11-18-44

Thanks for posting that! I will update the main post when I get to my PC.

Double post..

Uhh shades of the Rahimi pick except he can skate and has good hands I guess?

Does Gillis' best player available strategy only apply to the first round? Maybe I'm just bitter that Rajala and Vatanen were still available...

Either way, I'm hoping this pick was made after hearing the Red Wings wanted him at 90th.

Does Gillis' best player available strategy only apply to the first round? Maybe I'm just bitter that Rajala and Vatanen were still available...

Either way, I'm hoping this pick was made after hearing the Red Wings wanted him at 90th.

Seems a bit off the board, hopefully Gillis has good reason for this pick. People raised an eye brow when we drafted Rai as well and hes working out very well so far.

Between Kevin, Price, and Andersson hopefully we have a solid NHL player on the roster in 2-4yrs.

Im pretty upset about that as well, but BPA is subjective, and on their board Delhorme and company probably had him as the BPA. My problem is the guys that went after him: Button, Eakin, Bertilsson seemed like better picks only because I dont know much about connauton. Not to mention the 2 quebec league defensman as well.

Despite Detroit's drafting position, I am yet again amazed at the talent they pull in year after year. Its not shocking, I guess I am just jealous though.

Im pretty upset about that as well, but BPA is subjective, and on their board Delhorme and company probably had him as the BPA. My problem is the guys that went after him: Button, Eakin, Bertilsson seemed like better picks only because I dont know much about connauton. Not to mention the 2 quebec league defensman as well.

Despite Detroit's drafting position, I am yet again amazed at the talent they pull in year after year. Its not shocking, I guess I am just jealous though.

Very surprised Detroit didnt get Haula in the 6th.

A good steal in the Final round by the Wild.

^^^^^^

Eliteprospects.com

2006-2007 Gästrikland TV-Pucken 8 0 4 4 31

Brynäs J18 J18 Allsvenskan 14 7 4 11 4

Brynäs J20 SuperElit 1 0 0 0 0

Team Sweden U17 (all) International 3 0 0 0 4

2007-2008 Brynäs J18 J18 Allsvenskan 6 2 7 9 8

Brynäs J20 SuperElit 35 8 11 19 36

2008-2009 Brynäs J20 SuperElit 37 29 26 55 34

Oskarshamn Allsvenskan 6 0 0 0 2

Team Sweden U19 (all) International 8 5 8 13 6

atleast get the kids name right.

What's happening with you, how are things going? :huh:

It should be noted that Connauton is Vancouver Giants property.

It should be noted that Connauton is Vancouver Giants property.

LINK: http://fdevji.blogspot.com/2009/06/kevin-c...-vancouver.html

I've learned that there is indeed a possibility that Kevin Connauton, Vancouver's 3rd round selection in yesterday's NHL Entry Draft, may be joining the Vancouver Giants of the WHL next season. The Giants own Connauton's rights, but he played with the Western Michigan Broncos last season. I just spoke to Vancouver Giants Director of Player Personnel Jason Ripplinger, and he informed me that the Giants had discussions with Connauton and his father about the possibility of moving to Vancouver prior to the draft, and at that time, "they were very interested." However, they wanted to wait and see which NHL team would select him before they made a decision.

Now that Connauton is property of the Canucks, I think the possibility of him moving to the Giants increases significantly. Canucks General Manager Mike Gillis has been preaching a more hands-on approach when it comes to the development of his prospects, and to have Connauton move to Vancouver and the CHL (where there are far less limitations on NHL involvement compared to the NCAA) would certainly faciliate that. Additionally, Giants defenceman Jonathon Blum will be turning pro next season, which leaves a hole on the back end, and Connauton's hometown is Edmonton, so moving to Vancouver would bring him closer to home. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Don Hay and the Vancouver Giants are building a very strong reputation of successfully preparing their players for professional hockey.

Stay tuned for more.

Also stay tuned for my Vancouver Canucks draft review, which will include several testimonials about each of the Canucks new prospects.