Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

b3.

Kevin Connauton Talk

1,411 posts in this topic

I don't think that, considering the role, any of our d-prospects will be ready this year. The only exception would be if Tanev surprises us. We don't want our 3rd pairing to be a liability, because we don't really have a true 1st pairing to eat the minutes.

I am, however, in favor of giving the prospects some time until Salo is back, and let Rome ride the pine.

Very little is gong to happen until near the end of camp, I think..

one more year in the dub for Connauton..then maybe 2 years in the AHL, depends how our d looks like 2011-2012/ 2012-2013

I would like to see him develop at the AHL level for a couple of years. At the AHL level he will be able to get big minutes, hence furthering his development.

As for the Salo situation, currently I feel the prospect that will get time in the bigs is Oberg. What that will do is open up a spot in the top four on the moose. That is where I would like to see Connauton.

one more year in the dub for Connauton..then maybe 2 years in the AHL, depends how our d looks like 2011-2012/ 2012-2013

? oops, I thought this was another Kevin B thread in disguise.

Since you're actually talking about Kevin C, all I can say is oops, sorry.

this is off topic but i got his signature at a giants game

We are a top four team and you want us to play low-level prospects. They need to develop. They can become superstars. But they WILL be a liability if you push them into it this year.

I like the idea of letting Alberts in over any of our prospects now. Given time to adapt to the Canucks system he can be a good physical force.

We are a top four team and you want us to play low-level prospects. They need to develop. They can become superstars. But they WILL be a liability if you push them into it this year.

I can't see big Kev making it this year, we're too strong. He's definitely looking better and better as a prospect though. Hopefully next year. :)

Yann Sauve is ready to step in plus hes got a big body.He would look great as a 5th/6th defenseman with SOB.He could also step in if someone gets injured.He is ready and has matured fast.

I like the idea of letting Alberts in over any of our prospects now. Given time to adapt to the Canucks system he can be a good physical force.

A CUP contending effort by Van ideally has Salo back in, pairing with Mitchell (on a 1 year contract). SOB is paired with Mitchell until Salo gets back and then drops to #7 for the playoff run. Mitchell does it because he has a chance to win a CUP at home. Goes into next season as a CUP winner and bags a 3 - 4 year contract somewhere else ala Ohlund. Salo doesn't get resigned and retires a Champ. Next year SOB moves into the bottom pairing and Van brings one or two of their young prospects up from Manitoba.

A CUP contending effort by Van ideally has Salo back in, pairing with Mitchell (on a 1 year contract). SOB is paired with Mitchell until Salo gets back and then drops to #7 for the playoff run. Mitchell does it because he has a chance to win a CUP at home. Goes into next season as a CUP winner and bags a 3 - 4 year contract somewhere else ala Ohlund. Salo doesn't get resigned and retires a Champ. Next year SOB moves into the bottom pairing and Van brings one or two of their young prospects up from Manitoba.