The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Cannata | G

Diamond Smurf

Seems that way lately at least. Lots of talk earlier about how both goalies were letting in some goals at bad times and really needed to step up and make saves to help the team, but they both seem much more solid now.

I guess is settling down and getting familiar with the way the team plays. Is good that we have solid goaltender depth for a while now. With Lu and Lack, I think if Eriksson or Cannata pan out, we can trade them for other assets to solidify our team.

I guess is settling down and getting familiar with the way the team plays. Is good that we have solid goaltender depth for a while now. With Lu and Lack, I think if Eriksson or Cannata pan out, we can trade them for other assets to solidify our team.

The team settling down in front of them likely helps as well.

Cannata seems to play as the team plays. It's true, if the Comets play good in front of him, his confidence remains strong. Cannata and Erikkson make a good tandem. I'd like to see them split games but they seem to be dueling each other for top spot now. that's a GOOD problem for coach Green to have.

Cannata seems to play as the team plays. It's true, if the Comets play good in front of him, his confidence remains strong. Cannata and Erikkson make a good tandem. I'd like to see them split games but they seem to be dueling each other for top spot now. that's a GOOD problem for coach Green to have.

Not in Vancouver

• 7 months later...

Horrible situation for Joe. Nucks probably didn't want to send Marks down as it would be terrible for his development, so poor Joe gets the ax. Cannata is too good to be buried in the ECHL; they should trade him or loan him out to another AHL team.

Horrible situation for Joe. Nucks probably didn't want to send Marks down as it would be terrible for his development, so poor Joe gets the ax. Cannata is too good to be buried in the ECHL; they should trade him or loan him out to another AHL team.

Well it's the best two that stays in the AHL and Cannata is clearly worse than Markstrom and Eriksson..

It had to be him. Also, given that 29 other NHL teams have their own goaltending prospects as well as a few AHL veterans that float around out there, the reality is, no AHL team is likely to take a flyer on him because they want to give ice time to their own guys. Cannata just has to focus on improving because that's reality - he's a 5th string goaltender and that means ECHL.

Well it's the best two that stays in the AHL and Cannata is clearly worse than Markstrom and Eriksson..

It had to be him. Also, given that 29 other NHL teams have their own goaltending prospects as well as a few AHL veterans that float around out there, the reality is, no AHL team is likely to take a flyer on him because they want to give ice time to their own guys. Cannata just has to focus on improving because that's reality - he's a 5th string goaltender and that means ECHL.

There's a job market lesson in here for the kids ;)

Archived